ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #1591
MacDad77
Giddy Newcomer

Oddometer: 125
Thumb

Hi all... sorry i dont have tons of posts to my credit, but I'm racking up the miles!!

Who is going to Poe's on Saturday? The last time I went was back in Sept. or Oct I think! Is there a ride-in?
I have school this and every other weekend. I'd like to hang out and learn a few things as well from what was said about learning to fix a flat on the road! Sorry if this is too straightforward, I just try to make friends wherever/whenever I can because my time is so limited.

hope to see you guys there!

MacDad
MacDad77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #1592
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,987
Poe's Pub on Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDad77
Hi all... sorry i dont have tons of posts to my credit, but I'm racking up the miles!!

Who is going to Poe's on Saturday? The last time I went was back in Sept. or Oct I think! Is there a ride-in?
I have school this and every other weekend. I'd like to hang out and learn a few things as well from what was said about learning to fix a flat on the road! Sorry if this is too straightforward, I just try to make friends wherever/whenever I can because my time is so limited.

MacDad
MacDad,
Don't worry about the posts. Too many people confuse a huge number of posts, with actually having experience on the road. Too often I find it to be exactly the opposite.

The Poe's Pub get together is the 2nd Sunday of every month. It starts around 9-10'ish, and usually everyone is gone by noon. It is just an excuse to ride, and look at cool bikes.

Would love to meet you, and talk. Usually a couple of the local Richmond ADV guys show up. What are you riding so we can recognize you?

Welcome to the group BTW. Don't let the bark of some drive you away. We are all nice guys once you get a beer or two in us.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #1593
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:

MacDad
Welcome! Always nice to meet new riders, and perhaps talk them into coming out to play tag with us. I'm usually at Poes about 10a, after having a real breakfast at Milley's just up the block. Weather looks pretty good so far, and I'll likely be riding to scrub-in a new rear tire from Saturday's tire-changing and pluggin tech-day at Jeff's house in Petersburg. If ya can make it just shoot Jeff Munn a PM for his address, should be a great learning experience.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #1594
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,537
See you guys on Sunday. Me and the DRZ are visiting daughter #2 in Asheville tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #1595
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,173
Laugh sat-sun

gonna try to swing down to Jeff's, but likely I'll be a snoozer, besides i gotta jump back into COGZilla and fix the vac leak I created last month...prolly bring it down again on sunday....if I get real motivated might resur-erect the LTD for a jaunt...been meaning to get some miles on it....hasn't been started in 2 years.....
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #1596
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 826
Egg hunting day

I can't make it, got to hide easter eggs for the little ones.
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #1597
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,044
Jeff,

I am always up for hanging around that showroom you call a shop, so if a tech is on I'll be there. Of course I ride a strom so tech days don't really do much for me however I could use honing up on my tire changing abilities.

Thanks,
Mud
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi

HalfPlate screwed with this post 04-08-2009 at 09:49 AM
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #1598
Jeff Munn

Tech voyeurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub
I'm interested in watchin' the exercises...looking for tips & tricks....Oh, Poe's you say...will there be a JD theme bike debut?
There just might be a debut this weekend. I now have completed all the necessary painting. Just have to put it together, and see if it starts. That is my goal today.

Attendees at the tech session will be the first to see it unveiled. Tickets on sale now thru Live Nation.

jeff

Old 04-08-2009, 06:33 AM   #1599
Jeff Munn

A man and bike finding one another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmanajl
Jeff,

I am always up for hanging around that showroom you call a shop, so if a tech is on I'll be there. Of course I ride a strom so tech days don't really do much for me however I could use so honing up on my tire changing abilities.

Thanks,
Mud
Oh this is so cool. You're get to reunite with your old bike. I gots to get it finished now.

jeff

Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #1600
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,368
Quote:

MacDad
As already mentioned, Poe's is on Sunday. Unfortunately, I will be in OH at my sister's place for Easter. Was supposed to be a family affair, but my wife and son have decided to stay home. Will be leaving tomorrow night after work.

So, the big decision now is to take a chance and ride the bike, or take the truck. Wx between here and there is always iffy this time of the year.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #1601
teeter
Frank Zappa the 6th

Oddometer: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young
As already mentioned, Poe's is on Sunday. Unfortunately, I will be in OH at my sister's place for Easter. Was supposed to be a family affair, but my wife and son have decided to stay home. Will be leaving tomorrow night after work.

So, the big decision now is to take a chance and ride the bike, or take the truck. Wx between here and there is always iffy this time of the year.

If you take two wheels I'd suggest the KLR with studs. Maybe you can delay the trip a day and include tire studding in Saturday morning's Tire Tech session.

teeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #1602
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeter
If you take two wheels I'd suggest the KLR with studs. Maybe you can delay the trip a day and include tire studding in Saturday morning's Tire Tech session.
I have not ruled that option out.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #1603
Jeff Munn

KLR with studs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeter
If you take two wheels I'd suggest the KLR with studs....
He said he was going solo, so the KLR would be going with STUD (singular).

Old 04-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #1604
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn
He said he was going solo, so the KLR would be going with STUD (singular).
Arrrrrrr matey!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #1605
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,738
Big Kahuna burger....

Just practicing my Youtube embedding skills...

About a 1:30 seconds in...
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote