ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2008, 05:15 PM   #151
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,357
If you are seriously having issues with your DSL please let me know via PM exactly what is happening. Is it ETIR (Every time it rains) or is it more often then that. How far are you from the central office? Are you serviced with buried service or by overhead lines? I will need your name and billing phone number and an alternate contact # IE cell.. Sorry I can only help if you are a VERIZON customer. PM I might be able to help you out

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123
What's the Acer? Laptop, desktop?? I need a new laptop, I spilled a pint of Bud's finest on mine last week and "kinda" messed up the screen

What's the deal with satellite internet?????? I have DSL with Verizon but it sucks big time, don't even try to get on when it's raining!!!

Got some cash and new small storage shed for the yard to get some junk out of the garage.

Been looking at this tire changer:

http://www.cyclehilltirechanger.com/

By the time you buy the nomar stuff for the Harbor Freight rig it's not that much more and it's actually made in the good ole USA!!

I'm getting tired of doing it on the floor with irons.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:08 PM   #152
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,310
Kids will be kids.

Rockin' to Pat Benatar, Heartbreaker.

Need I say more?

L-R: Older daughter, younger daughter's BF, younger daughter, & son.

Snapshot from a video clip.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #153
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,504
Where's the video?

Both my (grown up) daughters were home today. I took them for rides on the connie. Bueno times.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:40 AM   #154
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm
Where's the video?

Both my (grown up) daughters were home today. I took them for rides on the connie. Bueno times.
I got no where to post it.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:40 AM   #155
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young
I got no where to post it.
Youtube is free...
Old 12-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #156
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young
Rockin' to Pat Benatar, Heartbreaker.

Need I say more?

I guess you can write off that TV forever now....

seems like just a year ago your son was running around being a Ninja/Harry Potter....
Now.... he's headed for OZZY fame....
no, wait....you have the title of "Prince of Darkness" all tied up already.....
They grow up all to soon....(as you know well by now!) enjoy them while it lasts...
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #157
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
I guess you can write off that TV forever now....

seems like just a year ago your son was running around being a Ninja/Harry Potter....
Now.... he's headed for OZZY fame....
no, wait....you have the title of "Prince of Darkness" all tied up already.....
They grow up all to soon....(as you know well by now!) enjoy them while it lasts...
I know.......
Old 12-27-2008, 06:13 AM   #158
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by manganos
If you are seriously having issues with your DSL please let me know via PM exactly what is happening. Is it ETIR (Every time it rains) or is it more often then that. How far are you from the central office? Are you serviced with buried service or by overhead lines? I will need your name and billing phone number and an alternate contact # IE cell.. Sorry I can only help if you are a VERIZON customer. PM I might be able to help you out

Chris
PM sent!!
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:09 AM   #159
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Woot Pentax

MoB - The Pentax I got through Woot went to my daughter and hubby - at my wife's suggestion. Their Kodak digital (tried to warn them) died an early death, so they were without.

Was a good deal all the way around and glad I had it on hand.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #160
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

we both shoulda bought more...

I am always at a loss when I see those deals on how many to buy...
you can buy up to 3 at a time , but you can't ever go back after you buy and get more... I was tempted to buy 3, and sell off the extras, they'd go in a second at that price for sure...
When Dona saw it, and I was showing her the features, she got PISSED because it was soo sweet, and had so many features along with quality that the Fugi I bought her 4 years ago (for $500) didn't have... technology marches on.... hell, the mini-laptop she just got me blows away my new tower system (8 months old), AND my "portable work$tation Dell" from work... on storage, features and neat-ability.... just doesn't have a cd-rom to load programs... arggg.... been loading mem-stick and transferring stuff that way, but some software (garmin) simply refuses, and needs the cd drive... oh well
Now trying to figger out this damn wireless router, and install it so I can network, and pull from the tower's cd unit to the mini.... freaking rocket science to understand... and I missed that day at the Vo-Ed school....
Old 12-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #161
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Deal at WOOT today? Night vision gear. Maybe I'll get one to try and keep up with Guy! Nah, I tend to go to bed early and like to sleep in...
Old 12-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #162
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

dontcha just hate woot now???

just kidding... they had a woot-off (countdown timed sale) 3 weeks ago on some 3 times as nice, for that price... I was tempted...these are gen I units, good but not top o the crop..
Years back, I had (and sold..doh) a pair of Gen II goggle style with headset that a buddy sent me (Deseart Shield tour) from Iraq , russian made, extremely High quality, with a dozen extra batteries.... they uncovered a cache of them in a supply depot, all boxed up and hermetically sealed in tins. He shipped 10 sets to me for safe keeping, and told me I could keep 1. They were AWSOME, actually worked in total darkness outdoors without the generic I.R. lamp, and were really cool coupled with a pair of Lasers attached to your weapon of choice.... when I used up the batteries I sold my unit for almost a grand at a gunshow.... bought some nice toys that day....
Old 12-27-2008, 08:14 AM   #163
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
I am always at a loss when I see those deals on how many to buy...
you can buy up to 3 at a time , but you can't ever go back after you buy and get more... I was tempted to buy 3, and sell off the extras, they'd go in a second at that price for sure...
When Dona saw it, and I was showing her the features, she got PISSED because it was soo sweet, and had so many features along with quality that the Fugi I bought her 4 years ago (for $500) didn't have... technology marches on.... hell, the mini-laptop she just got me blows away my new tower system (8 months old), AND my "portable work$tation Dell" from work... on storage, features and neat-ability.... just doesn't have a cd-rom to load programs... arggg.... been loading mem-stick and transferring stuff that way, but some software (garmin) simply refuses, and needs the cd drive... oh well
Now trying to figger out this damn wireless router, and install it so I can network, and pull from the tower's cd unit to the mini.... freaking rocket science to understand... and I missed that day at the Vo-Ed school....
Prolly, but after spending the bux on the Canon XSi for my younger daughter, I'll just have to make do with my Powershot. Wife sez she'll just borrow it when she needs a camera for school.

My son-in-law could probably help you out with the router. There should be an admin address in the set-up so you can access, and config it.

Try: http://192.168.1.1/ since that appears to be a common port address for those devices. Password will probably be "admin" without the quotes.

I have a 4-port one here that could replace the wired one on my system, but decided to let it be since all of that will change once the FIOS is installed. As part of the package, it comes with 4-port wireless (you can de-nut if you wish), so we'll just wait.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #164
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

router

ther's a 75 page intallation manual pdf on the disc outlining all that stuff.... but it is scary to say the least, the wizard in the program walks you thru it all, but requires internet connection, and it needs cable or DSL connection, not phone.... I am reserching to get an old style external modem to go between the router, and my phone line... not happy with the outcome yet...

I just don't want to hose my computers with all these changes, and unplugging and plugging involved...
all I want to do is tie everything together so they see each other right now, but that feature starts about 50 pages after all the other setup stuff....argggggggg

wanna buy a router any one? just kidding....
Old 12-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #165
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,487
I like some technology but then it gets to a point where I just want what I already have to WORK!!!! The bells and whistles are nice but I get so frustrated when the crap just deciedes to stop playing and it takes hours and hours to figure it out.

I have a wireless router connected to a desktop with an ethernet cable, a printer connected to the desktop (via a cable), and two laptops; some days the laptops print wirelessly and sometimes they don't (then my laptop stops working wirelessly out of the blue the other day, works fine now?????) ARGGGGGGG.

You think it'd be easy enough to share files wirelessly between everything; sometimes yes sometimes no.
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote