ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #181
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,130
where ya goin????

where ya heading...
p.m. sent.....
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #182
Colemanskeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
sorry got held up on a phone call....any body have anything in mind?
Colemanskeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #183
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,987
I'm stuck at home until wifey gets home from work.

Y'all have fun.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #184
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Capital Ale House looked like a cool place. Very interesting watching other folks trying to impress and be seen, making pointless banter to try and hook-up..Man I'm glad I don't have to date!

The last time I had to use a pick-up line, a little known actor named Kevin Bacon was starring in 'Footloose.' I could only imagine what the gals would think of my 'moves' nowadays...
Old 12-31-2008, 07:31 AM   #185
Colemanskeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey guys, I've got a question for you cold weather riders!!! What gloves are you wearing for cold temps? I want a glove with a thin palm (so my heated grips can do there thing) and a fair amount of insulation on the back of my hand. I don't want electrics and hippo hands are out of the question due to clearance issues....my new wind screen does keep more wind off my hands though!!! The second part to my question is who has the best glove selection around Richmond....I've already tried Burchams, Honda House and Ken's with no luck. The first two were almost out of winter gloves or at the very least down to the last pair of XXL sized gloves. Thanks for chiming in!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:38 AM   #186
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanskeeper
Hey guys, I've got a question for you cold weather riders!!! What gloves are you wearing for cold temps? I want a glove with a thin palm (so my heated grips can do there thing) and a fair amount of insulation on the back of my hand. I don't want electrics and hippo hands are out of the question due to clearance issues....my new wind screen does keep more wind off my hands though!!! The second part to my question is who has the best glove selection around Richmond....I've already tried Burchams, Honda House and Ken's with no luck. The first two were almost out of winter gloves or at the very least down to the last pair of XXL sized gloves. Thanks for chiming in!
Mine are toasty warm, but lack dexterity. I'm wearing a pair of ski gloves I picked up at Snow Shoe a few years ago.

I used to wear a pair of glove liners with a +1 size pair of gloves over them. I've never had hippo hands or electrics.

I'm interested to see what guys are wearing too.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:44 AM   #187
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

gloves

Run up to Morton's BMW
http://www.mortonsbmw.com/

great selection, prolly the best for gloves and clothing....in stock.
nice ride also if you run up 301 and cut over to rt 1 up north.

I run these between 50* and 38*, and in rain also.
http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydire...EET%20PRODUCTS

below that temp, I have a set of $$ Olympia leather goretex winter gloves, can't find a link for them, they are older...
work well but a bit tight.... if they are warm when you put them on they stay warm, but if they are in your bag and cold, seems like they never warm up...I stick them in under my stich against my sides with the gerbing on for about 5 miles and pre-warm them up when they are cold... that works for me for the duration of the day...
almost identical to these...

never tried these, but insulated on back side only, allowing grip heater to work...

if ya got big hands, you simply have to try them on though...they need to fit loose, even the best ones when tight get cold real fast....

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 12-31-2008 at 08:04 AM
Old 12-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #188
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanskeeper
I've heard excellent reviews of Lee Parks Design....I'm gonna check out 'em out closely at the
IMS Show in DC 1/9-1/11...
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:02 AM   #189
Colemanskeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

MOB I've been to morton's many times...purchased my ST from them. As of my last visit they only had the pro winters and they feel a little too bulky to me! I know I'm being picky, but can't a man dream????
Old 12-31-2008, 08:06 AM   #190
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub
I've heard excellent reviews of Lee Parks Design....I'm gonna check out 'em out closely at the
IMS Show in DC 1/9-1/11...
I have a pair of the DeerTour PCi if you want to see them. I wore them on my WV a couple of weeks ago. They were warm and toasty down into single digits temperatures along with the "Hot Grips" I installed.

Link: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...kin-insulated/

MADSTROM screwed with this post 12-31-2008 at 03:00 PM
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:22 AM   #191
Cycletech
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
Held

Check out Held too. http://www.heldusa.com/freezer.html

I have the winter gloves, bought from Moto-Europa during the going out of business sale. They are very comparable to Lee Parks, and Lee doesn't like it when I where them when he is around.
Cycletech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #192
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

see, you made me go looking...

now I am curious also because I'd like a looser glove...seeing as i been putting on the cold weather miles this year...
here's a lot o' stuff to digest... prolly got them all covered....
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-gloves/
Old 12-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #193
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
The Alpinestars SR-2 gloves I have are not too bulky, good for down to the 30's and I can get the grip heaters through them fine on high. I just ordered a pair of silk glove liners to try out when its colder, and if on a long, cold ride I take a pair of the small 'hot hands' packs and slip them in on the top side to keep the back of my hands warm too.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #194
Gimmeslack
furthur

Oddometer: 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinrichmond
The Alpinestars SR-2 gloves I have are not too bulky, good for down to the 30's and I can get the grip heaters through them fine on high. I just ordered a pair of silk glove liners to try out when its colder, and if on a long, cold ride I take a pair of the small 'hot hands' packs and slip them in on the top side to keep the back of my hands warm too.
I've got a pair of polypro (patagonia) liners which I can squeeze under my warm weather gloves (Ropers). They make a world of difference. Maybe not 20deg riding gloves, but they do make what would otherwise be frostbitten fingers useable.

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

Twain
Gimmeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:53 AM   #195
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

wooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'M A GRAMPA!!!! AGAIN!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Little (?) Graydon born a few monents ago....7#-8oz...21" lg. baby BOY!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(Kinda why I said I'llbe outta the loop today... Might have to run down to H.H.I / S.C. to see the critter!!!!)