ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #19681
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
Oil cost money and if is time. Also hope you flushed the brake fluid and coolant. More money.

I need fork springs and shock spring. Mo money.
biker128- thats just a little evil...but I like it
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #19682
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,803
That's not evil. Proper maintenance helps the ride and fuel mileage. Otherwise Vstroms will go on without any maintenance at all.

Now that is evil.

Hey Jeremy I have an unopened liter of Belray Fork Oil. It is 10W. The books call for over a liter but for the level it did not take over 1 liter. I shold come up for an RTE and give it to you for being so evil as Todd says. Us Vstrom riders need to stick together.

Wee Strommin along.

biker128pedal screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 06:44 AM
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #19683
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
That's not evil. Proper maintenance helps the ride and fuel mileage. Otherwise Vstroms will go on without any maintenance at all.

Now that is evil.

Hey Jeremy I have an unopened liter of Belray Fork Oil. It is 10W. The books call for over a liter but for the level it did not take over 1 liter. I shold come up for an RTE and give it to you for being so evil as Todd says. Us Vstrom riders need to stick together.
No worries. I've had one inmate tell me they were surprised I have not sold mine since I have not been riding it as much. Now that I see him looking at other vstroms, I wonder if it was a ploy to buy mine.
jgiacobbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #19684
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
No worries. I've had one inmate tell me they were surprised I have not sold mine since I have not been riding it as much. Now that I see him looking at other vstroms, I wonder if it was a ploy to buy mine.
I was a ploy. Don't sell it. I keep thinking about selling mine. Getting a full faired street bike and a WR but then go for a ride. I just need heated socks.

Wee Strommin along.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #19685
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,736
2011 RT at southside hd

My buddy there just called me.

2011 RT. in on trade. Less than 9k on it

Just I case someone is looking.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #19686
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,411
Ride to Monterey Saturday

I'm getting a very strong urge to ride out to the mountains Saturday. Not sure what to expect. It could look like this;

or this but I've really got the urge to Ride

http://goo.gl/maps/wgu7H
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #19687
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTROM View Post
I'm getting a very strong urge to ride out to the mountains Saturday. Not sure what to expect. It could look like this;

Nice, Is that heading south from Bluegrass toward hightown?
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #19688
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

That's the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
Nice, Is that heading south from Bluegrass toward hightown?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #19689
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,339
Interesting Google Maps shot of a couple of bikers on Rte. 640 just before the intersection with Rte. 637:

Anyone we know?

Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #19690
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTROM View Post
Mickey,

I may be interested in joining you for a sprint out that way - but - have to get back relatively early. I am committed to attending a racer's reunion banquet that evening here in RVA. I've missed this event for the last 10 or so years but made up my mind I WILL be attending this year. These are with people I raced flat track, scrambles, and motocross with back when the earth was still hot.... many I haven't seen since the late '60s and '70s.

Let's chat towards the end of the week.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #19691
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy young View Post
mickey,

i may be interested in joining you for a sprint out that way - but - have to get back relatively early. I am committed to attending a racer's reunion banquet that evening here in rva. I've missed this event for the last 10 or so years but made up my mind i will be attending this year. These are with people i raced flat track, scrambles, and motocross with back when the earth was still hot.... Many i haven't seen since the late '60s and '70s.

Let's chat towards the end of the week.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #19692
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Sure is nice out today. I need the mesh.

Good Greek food in Billyburg.

Wee Strommin along.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #19693
btblueskies
BTBlueSkies

Oddometer: 160
Here is a great ride I have done... planning on doing it saturday if I can get out. The ride is actually from A->B->C. The map wouldn't draw the route between A and B as the road is not published in the map. It is a public access road to the National Forrest and is a bit challenging. The rode from B to C end's up at a navigation towers. From the Navigation towers there is a nice trail heading north that is a bit challenging also. I haven't completed that trail as my tires wouldn't get through some of the muddy sections. Now I have the K60 and am ready to give it another go ! Plus with the GPS spotter I got for XMas I don't mind going it alone anymore.. yea.

I have the proper GPS trek at home and I'll see if I can screen shot it and post it later.

So far the section from A to B is the most challenging section I have found in the area, besides the area behind Martins ;)

View Larger Map
btblueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #19694
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by btblueskies View Post
Here is a great ride I have done... planning on doing it saturday if I can get out. The ride is actually from A->B->C. The map wouldn't draw the route between A and B as the road is not published in the map. It is a public access road to the National Forrest and is a bit challenging. The rode from B to C end's up at a navigation towers. From the Navigation towers there is a nice trail heading north that is a bit challenging also. I haven't completed that trail as my tires wouldn't get through some of the muddy sections. Now I have the K60 and am ready to give it another go ! Plus with the GPS spotter I got for XMas I don't mind going it alone anymore.. yea.

I have the proper GPS trek at home and I'll see if I can screen shot it and post it later.

So far the section from A to B is the most challenging section I have found in the area, besides the area behind Martins ;)

View Larger Map
point C looks like the cell tower. A to B, I can't make out. we were talking recently about an alternate way up to Wiggins from Lowesville or Sandiges that I couldn't remember how to find. Thought it was via little Piney, past that Camp Crossroads.. but maybe this is it?
ddlewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #19695
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
point C looks like the cell tower. A to B, I can't make out. we were talking recently about an alternate way up to Wiggins from Lowesville or Sandiges that I couldn't remember how to find. Thought it was via little Piney, past that Camp Crossroads.. but maybe this is it?
C is definitely the tower. Turn on topo and look at the area between A and B it doesn't look like there is a way through other than up and over. Makes me almost wish I wasn't committed to other things this weekend. Things to look forward to for the spring. I might have to look through my USFS maps and see if I can decipher it.
jgiacobbe is online now   Reply With Quote