ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #20011
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Well this sucks...I imagined myself enjoying a hot cup of cocco in front of the fireplace with my kids, eating some of Mrs. Hendersons cookies and seeing all the good work my snowblower had done. I didn't picture me sitting in the clinic with patients in the wating room at 0830...

At least it was pretty for a few hours.
That does suck.

I assume you were anticipating the clinic being closed due to the weather???

Old 01-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #20012
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
That does suck.

I assume you were anticipating the clinic being closed due to the weather???

Yep...No problem, it's not like we ever really get a "day off." All it means is that all of the patients due to come in today would be PACKED in the waiting room with the regularly scheduled Monday patients. It's all good, we have a fun filled weekend already planned with the kids! Going to build Gabriel's first Soap Box Derby car and catch the Spiders game on Saturday night.

For you Friday RTE folks, a couple of nights ago, we tried that new place "Logan's Roadhouse" at the intersection of I-95 and Rt 10 in Chester, the ribs were amazing! I recommend asking for "light seasoning" on the veggies, they were too salty for me.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #20013
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
That's is, I'm out of here in an hour. Could have left tomorrow and done it in one day, but with the weather, I'm skying out now. Dirtdoctor and I were planning on riding down to the Winter BMW rally in Florida this weekend. Unfortunately life is preventing him from taking a short vacation, but I'm still going.

So the wet weather gear is coming out, the heated vest is firing up, and I'm heading south in a few minutes ahead of the "storm".

If all goes well I'll be home Sunday night. Am taking the GoPro to see if I can film some of the GS rides this weekend in the beautiful Florida sugar sand. Hopefully the roads will be cleared by the time I head home.

See y'all on the flip side.

jeff
Ride safe, have fun, wish I could have joined you.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #20014
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Yep...No problem, it's not like we ever really get a "day off." All it means is that all of the patients due to come in today would be PACKED in the waiting room with the regularly scheduled Monday patients. It's all good, we have a fun filled weekend already planned with the kids! Going to build Gabriel's first Soap Box Derby car and catch the Spiders game on Saturday night.

For you Friday RTE folks, a couple of nights ago, we tried that new place "Logan's Roadhouse" at the intersection of I-95 and Rt 10 in Chester, the ribs were amazing! I recommend asking for "light seasoning" on the veggies, they were too salty for me.
Sounds good, but still off-limits (spices) for me. Besides, nothing to munch up those (good) ribs with.... unless they are a BYOB (Bring Your Own Blender) kinda place.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #20015
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,491
auto body

Anyone know an on the side body work guy? That old '99 Mazda Miata I bought last spring has a 2"x2" area of rust bubble on the rocker panel beneath the drivers door. I don't think it's too bad, but you never can tell since it usually rots from inside out. Got this car cheap and I'm not looking for the ultimate body artist, just good and cheap.

the spot is low on the rocker as it rolls under the car, which sits low anyway, so you can't see it. I want to cut out that piece, do whatever remediation on the insides and weld or rivet/glue a patch in. Since it's down so low, I wouldn't even try to match the paint. Just mask it off and coat the bottom 3" between the wheels in that hammer black coating like many vehicles use down there from the factory. like I said it's practically under the car.

Eastwood sells this no-weld kit that has a panel crimper, glue and flush-rivet tool which is well reviewed but before I go that route, might get a couple quotes if anybody has a connection.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #20016
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

RTE/Drive today?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #20017
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDoctor View Post
RTE/Drive today?
You pick it, and I'll be there. Kinda tired of coding right now, could use the break.

"Iím lost. Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #20018
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,015
My vote is for the Village.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #20019
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
My vote is for the Village.
Yum.

"Iím lost. Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
Old 01-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #20020
Downer
Downer

Oddometer: 208
I need some body work also

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Anyone know an on the side body work guy? That old '99 Mazda Miata I bought last spring has a 2"x2" area of rust bubble on the rocker panel beneath the drivers door. I don't think it's too bad, but you never can tell since it usually rots from inside out. Got this car cheap and I'm not looking for the ultimate body artist, just good and cheap.

the spot is low on the rocker as it rolls under the car, which sits low anyway, so you can't see it. I want to cut out that piece, do whatever remediation on the insides and weld or rivet/glue a patch in. Since it's down so low, I wouldn't even try to match the paint. Just mask it off and coat the bottom 3" between the wheels in that hammer black coating like many vehicles use down there from the factory. like I said it's practically under the car.

Eastwood sells this no-weld kit that has a panel crimper, glue and flush-rivet tool which is well reviewed but before I go that route, might get a couple quotes if anybody has a connection.
I have a spot on my 99 Odyssey that needs work. I am not concerned too much about it looking perfect but would like to stop the rust. Maybe we could do a group buy.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #20021
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
Yum.
Since it is 11:14 already and I don't expect it to be but so crowded, lets push it back to noonish.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #20022
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Since it is 11:14 already and I don't expect it to be but so crowded, lets push it back to noonish.
Groovy. Anyone else? Village Cafe? Yum yum!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #20023
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

See you guys at the village at noon.Where is it located?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #20024
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDoctor View Post
See you guys at the village at noon.Where is it located?
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Villa...ed=0CAsQ_AUoAA

Village Cafe

1001 West Grace Street, Richmond, VA (804) 353-8204 ‎ ∑ villagecafeonline.com

Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #20025
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
I'd join you all for the RTE but I have to go in to work today. Hope to join you all for one soon though.
bastardbiker is offline   Reply With Quote