ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #21196
SanK
Reuben-meister

Oddometer: 84

Ashland train station
SanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #21197
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,811
Anybody click the link in SanK signature....its Truth or Dare night @Fallout

Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #21198
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Great Pressure Gauge

I had to order 2 of this item in order to get a great price on one. They're normally $25 each but I got these for $10 each. I'll sell one to the first interested party for $10. It includes the pouch.

Here's a link: http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-44-ez-air-gauge.aspx
Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #21199
SanK
Reuben-meister

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Anybody click the link in SanK signature....its Truth or Dare night @Fallout

Yup, i'm debating whether or not to go. Its usually a lot of fun provided you participate. If your serious about going PM me, on the week-ends its members only plus two guests. Constructions supposed to be bad on 95 though; avoid at all costs!!! Even if you don't participate; good music, cheap booze, awesome people and smoking is allowed inside.
SanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #21200
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr whipit View Post
i had to order 2 of this item in order to get a great price on one. They're normally $25 each but i got these for $10 each. I'll sell one to the first interested party for $10. It includes the pouch.

here's a link: http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-44-ez-air-gauge.aspx
Dibs, it's mine! Sweet!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #21201
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,811
My new favorite mag came today...I also subscribe to the e edition for my devices....Eddy - thought of your new ride when I saw the cover....

Ah crap, im suffering from tz syndrome...

Fixed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #21202
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Don't worry. I keep scratching my head wondering how come everyone else seems to have no issue getting days off during the week to go riding. All I can figure is they must have bosses that let them actually use their vacation time or let them take off to offset overtime. Just two more weeks and I'll be done with this project that keeps me staying late at work every Friday.
I'm on call every 5th week. compensation for being on call is a day off redeemable before the next on call. So I had a day to burn and this just came up.

Had a nice ride. Weather was kinda bleh cold and grey, even flurried some but good to get out anyway. Chuck, Mickey, Mark, Todd and me. We scoped out a few cool camping spots. Got in some dirt roads and some nice curves. Had RTE at the little retaurant near Lowesville.

The gates to the best FS roads are still closed.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #21203
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 571
It was a great ride today, thanks Chuck, Dan, Mickey, & Mark. Had a good time and remember pinto beans are different from pinto bean soup.

Mickey- did the cookie make it home in one piece?
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #21204
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzacker View Post
It was a great ride today, thanks Chuck, Dan, Mickey, & Mark. Had a good time and remember pinto beans are different from pinto bean soup.

Mickey- did the cookie make it home in one piece?
Funny you should ask

It was in my coat pocket and still survived my get off

MADSTROM screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 07:55 PM
MADSTROM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #21205
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,433
Alhambra Rd Campsite Reconnoiter Ride

Had a great ride today. There were countless rushing water photo ops everywwhere I looked but everybody was so busy racing each other I couldn't stop and take any pictures .

Here's the few I could manage:

MADSTROM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #21206
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 958
Todays Ride

Mickey, Dan, Todd, Mark .... Thanks for a great ride today. Mickey, thanks for the photos. Yes, it was a spirited ride (few stops) with a mission to find a remote campground. OK, it was also a ride to test the new Heidenau's and after today I have to give them two thumbs up. I was very happy with the performance both on and off road.

In regards to finding a remote campground .... I think we did that too. On Wiggings Spring Rd about 2500' west of the Appalachian Trail we found a very nice multiple site campground. Lots of shade and soft grass. At the top of a hill with multiple fire pits. I forgot to take a photo but I think it will be a great place to make camp on the 16th. N37 45.631 W 079 12.262

Eddy .... Wiggins Spring Rd just south of Tower Rd was closed. We had to go all the way around on Coffeetown Rd then back track up Wiggins. For food, water and supplies Buena Vista would be our best bet.

Hmmmmm That cookie looks good.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #21207
Jersey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Great day riding, chasing chuck on the dirt and Micky on 56 it dont get much better. Cool to see Todd lift the front of his gs multiple times and see how well a dr650 rides the twisties. Good ride good fun.
Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #21208
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Sank: My girlfriend is a member at Fallout and we go pretty regularly, but not lately. You might have even seen me on the dance floor ..Maybe I'll pm you the next time we go out.

Ric, Dan--I went ahead and mounted my front tire tonight after noticing some really uneven wear pattern on the one I had on there. The tire irons were gouging little chunks of it out. Seems like the tire might be pretty old. I managed to puncture a couple little tiny holes in my innertube, but I just decided to use what I had laying around and see if I could make it work.

Found some more RTV in the toolbox and blobbed it on there, then smoothed it out. Let it dry for just a little while and put a little X of vinyl tape over each patch and stuffed her into the new Shinko. So far it's holding air. Hopefully I haven't lost any pressure by morning when it's time to ride into work.

I watched a video or two and decided to balance my wheel myself using the axle and some jackstands. Seems to have worked great! I had 3 1/4oz weights that I'd saved from my old bike. I think that I might need one more but it's pretty damn close at 3/4oz. Thanks for the offer to use your equipment though guys, I sure do appreciate it.

The coolest thing about the tires so far is the actual _name_ of the tire. I've only seen them called by their number, the Shinko 244. But on the sidewall it says in big letters, "GOLDEN BOY" and calls itself a trail riding tire. I'll post a picture when I get the rear mounted as well.

For anyone interested, the sizes that I chose that fit the DRZ400 in this tire model were 21" @ 3" wide, and 18" @ 5.10" wide. Still pretty chunky but obviously much better than the straight knobbies on the road. Here's a picture of the tread pattern. It was only $100 for both tires, very fair deal. I've read of some people running a fatter tire in the front but the 3" is very comparable to the width of the tire that was on there. Maybe 1/4" narrower.

bastardbiker screwed with this post 03-01-2013 at 10:59 PM
bastardbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #21209
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 958
New Tires

Ahh New rubber on the DRZ400. MT-21's. Bastard we need to ride soon. A new battery should go in today.

skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #21210
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,337
Speaking of tires, what's this weestrom running?

Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote