ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #21796
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Just saying....Richmond has lots of alleys....

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/...-urban-enduro/
What a great idea! I could definitely see resistance to this, but what else is new. I'll definitely keep this in mind whenever I'm scooting around town. I could see an event like this departing from BITB?!?!?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #21797
jwray76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
What a great idea! I could definitely see resistance to this, but what else is new. I'll definitely keep this in mind whenever I'm scooting around town. I could see an event like this departing from BITB?!?!?

I like the way you think
jwray76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #21798
jwray76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Our (COG) Dog Days Rally will be there in August.

Oddly enough, I tried to negotiate with them back in 2000 for a location for our COG National Rally with no luck. One of the fellas that with me owns a condo there and they still wouldn't talk. Wound up at the Natural Bridge Inn and Conference Center, and it worked out beautifully.

Not sure who is heading up the efforts, but only took me 2 seconds to sign the petition so it was well worth my time :) By the way it originally came in an email from Bob White, but didn't sound like he was organizing.
jwray76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #21799
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,127
Nobody warned me I would smell slightly cooked eyeballs. The Valium works though. I remember thinking "so this is what it is like to have your eyes being actually burned by a laser". This of course was right after the "wow that dude just used an electric toothbrush like thing on my eye". I couldn't feel any off it though. Them putting the eyelid clamps on was actually the only uncomfortable part and that wasn't bad. Now it is just a waiting game to watch how good the vision gets over the next couple days. It is already way better.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #21800
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Nobody warned me I would smell slightly cooked eyeballs. The Valium works though. I remember thinking "so this is what it is like to have your eyes being actually burned by a laser". This of course was right after the "wow that dude just used an electric toothbrush like thing on my eye". I couldn't feel any off it though. Them putting the eyelid clamps on was actually the only uncomfortable part and that wasn't bad. Now it is just a waiting game to watch how good the vision gets over the next couple days. It is already way better.

Hah! Ever watch the show Home Movies? You'd probably get a kick out of this sketch:

Glad to hear you got out of surgery ok.

SanK and I met up at the park to hang out and BS about bikes and the like. I flew one of his sweet kites, it was a good day for it. He also helped me find some moss and grasses for a terrarium I'm making. Since my apartment doesn't allow cats or dogs, I've decided to keep bugs as pets.

Arranging everything in there was surprisingly fun! It's like a little zen-garden or something. I think I'm going to call it "microlandscaping." Here's a picture. Thanks for lending a hand!

I think it would be awesome to get a bunch of us out there and BBQing on a nice Sunday, let's make it happen when the weather warms up boys!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #21801
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
We need a new groundhog.. what a lying little bastard. I drove through a blizzard getting to work this am. 10 day forecast says NEXT friday before it cracks 60F again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
LOL!

The PA Dept. of Tourism has been loving that little rodent since 1841 and have been reaping the benefits ever since.

Puxatawney Phil Indicted, prosecutor seeks death penalty Looks like I'm not the only one irritated by the furry prognosticator.

Jeremey good luck with the eyes and keep me posted.. Think I'm about to follow suit.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #21802
SanK
Reuben-meister

Oddometer: 84
Last night was fun;
Heres a picture of BastardBiker flying the kite, but he really just looks like hes standing in a field.

The BBQ idea at Bryan Park on a Sunday sounds awesome, I hope a lot of people will join us.
The terrarium is awesome!
Alley enduro.... could be a lot of fun in Richmond. Our alleys aren't quite as trashed but could still be really interesting.
I'm thinking of going down to pump house park today or tomorrow, anyone interested in coming?
SanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #21803
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 853
Grumble

I hate waiting for parts. Just sayin' ...

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #21804
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
So the plan today is to meet at the Valero on 60 right past academy road around 12:30 and head out 522 and 45 to columbia road to ride some dirt out there. If anyone is interested in meeting us there let me know.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #21805
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,407
As much as I hate to, I'm gonna pass on the RTE today. I'm hell-bent to get a long-term bike in here running today, and I am about 5 minutes from hitting start button. Last time it ran was about 2 years ago, and the carbs were a total disaster with the innards completely varnished up.

Ya'll have fun, and ride safe.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #21806
Cycletech
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Cry Fun and fast FJR for sale.

Hey guys, if anyone is in the market for an FJR, PM me (I don't check in here often). It's an 06 with some good mods and 23k. Leo Vince, Power Commander, Bill Mayer, G2, Garmin 2820, Givi, tall screen, etc. Original owner, well loved, ready to go. Comes with all the take-offs too. Near new PR2 on the back, front is 50%. $7500 ono

Guy Young has given it his seal of approval.

Pete has seen it go past him at 150+.

Either this or my KTM950 goes. Not enough time to ride.

Cycletech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #21807
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycletech View Post
Hey guys, if anyone is in the market for an FJR, PM me (I don't check in here often). It's an 06 with some good mods and 23k. Leo Vince, Power Commander, Bill Mayer, G2, Garmin 2820, Givi, tall screen, etc. Original owner, well loved, ready to go. Comes with all the take-offs too. Near new PR2 on the back, front is 50%. $7500 ono

Guy Young has given it his seal of approval.

Pete has seen it go past him at 150+.

Either this or my KTM950 goes. Not enough time to ride.

I have ridden the bike (Thanks Chris) when checking it out for a fellow COG member up in NJ.

Nice clean bike. Runs nice and clean with excellent throttle response. No throttle ON/OFF action that these bikes are noted for. Chris has it dialed in perfectly.

IF, I was in the market for a "new" bike, I'd jump on this one in a heartbeat.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #21808
Cycletech
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Thanks, Guy. Your buddy up in NJ flaked on me...
Cycletech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #21809
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycletech View Post
Thanks, Guy. Your buddy up in NJ flaked on me...
PM sent
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #21810
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Jeremey good luck with the eyes and keep me posted.. Think I'm about to follow suit.
I had the Refractive Lensectomy Implant in both eyes (They replace the lens) and a week after the surgery(two surgeries 2 weeks apart) I was seeing 20-15. No pain during or after. The eye drops 3 times a day for 2 weeks is a PIA but that wasn't too bad.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote