ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #22171
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,643
Miss you guys...sorta...haven't hooked up with the local FF's yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #22172
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 744
I just want to say thanks to Jeremy, Danny, and Jeff for all the help today. You guys are really helping me get accustomed to working on the WR and helping me get my feet on the ground with farkles piece be piece. I don't know what I would do without this forum, and all the awesome members.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #22173
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Miss you guys...sorta...haven't hooked up with the local FF's yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Landscape pron.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #22174
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
Anybody up for a another group ride Sunday wx permitting or not.
I can do some riding Sunday. I need to be home for some family time in the afternoon, but if we get out early enough there will be plenty of ride time.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #22175
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I can do some riding Sunday. I need to be home for some family time in the afternoon, but if we get out early enough there will be plenty of ride time.
Where are we thinking about riding? Any ideas?

I've kind of been meaning to get back to the training grounds for a while...
Old 04-06-2013, 06:37 AM   #22176
SanK
Reuben-meister

Oddometer: 84
Anyone getting into anything today? It's looking fantastic out!
SanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #22177
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 564
Great Day Yesterday

WOW!!! What a great day yesterday. I decided to play hooky one the last day of Springbreak with my daughter. We went to Moses's house to do my 12K service and have some other fun.

Started out loading the truck up with the bikes...NEVER buy the ratchet straps from Harbor Frieght and expect them to not brake. A mile from the his house, one of the straps snapped on the 650GS. Luckily, there was no damage, just leaned a bit and I restrapped it. That was the 4th of six that I have that just snapped.

Unloaded bikes and started the service, Minnie held on thru the Valve Adjustment, and the New Spark plugs. By the time I got to the fluids she was out learning to drive my truck. Oh she is 14yo, after about 10 trips up and down the gravel road Moses lives on she wanted to step up. Onto my car which is a stick, after a couple trips up and down the road, both hers and my nerves were shot!!!

Went on to the fluids: final drive, tranny, and engine oil. After spilling more oil on Moses's floor than he has the entire time he has lived there, I was done. The survice took me most of the day, but next time I expect about 1 1/2 hrs. Not that difficult...

Today Minnie and I are getting out for a RTE and then back to get the KLR and goto a feild to start her back on the path to road riding. She has road plenty of dirt bikes, but I don't understand everyone so nervous about taking a bike that weighs a little bit more and riding on pavement.

Thanks, Moses for all the help and the use of the garage and tools yesterday...I think it was funny when I was cleaning up and he looks at his tool box, and says,"Are you done?" I believe he was referring to all the empty spots in the box that had tools at one time, but didn't then. Someone got a little nervous, but he was fine after I finished putting all the tools away.
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #22178
SplitLanesLikeMOSES

Oddometer: 599
Don't ever fook with a man's tools.................
Old 04-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #22179
Jersey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
My bad on posting to ride on sun miss read my schd I gotta work, flying to London.
Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #22180
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitLanesLikeMOSES View Post
Don't ever fook with a man's tools.................
LOL!

Think I said that too.... somewhere along the line.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #22181
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
My bad on posting to ride on sun miss read my schd I gotta work, flying to London.
Damn Mark, must be nice to travel the world and get paid while doing it! I'll admit, I'm a little jealous.

Since I haven't heard any yeas or nays on the training grounds, I'm just going to end up going there myself. If anyone decides they want to join me, just send me a PM or message on my phone. Not sure what time I'm going, but I'll put a message up here when I'm leaving the house.

Godspeed.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #22182
Roald
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Hello

Hello all. I've lurked here for awhile and thought I'd finally introduce myself. I've owned street bikes, dual sports and dirt bikes over the past 20-some years. I'm riding exclusively dirt these days (frightened of cars and the people who drive them) but lately I've been entertaining the idea of buying something for the road, maybe another dual sport. In addition to being a member of a trail riding club, I sometimes ride the area behind Martins. I'm planning on riding there tomorrow late morning. My name is Steve and I ride a kx250. Say hello if you see me.
Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #22183
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roald View Post
Hello all. I've lurked here for awhile and thought I'd finally introduce myself. I've owned street bikes, dual sports and dirt bikes over the past 20-some years. I'm riding exclusively dirt these days (frightened of cars and the people who drive them) but lately I've been entertaining the idea of buying something for the road, maybe another dual sport. In addition to being a member of a trail riding club, I sometimes ride the area behind Martins. I'm planning on riding there tomorrow late morning. My name is Steve and I ride a kx250. Say hello if you see me.
Welcome, Steve! What time are you planning on arriving at the TG? I'm headed over there tomorrow too and would love to ride with ya.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #22184
Roald
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbiker View Post
Welcome, Steve! What time are you planning on arriving at the TG? I'm headed over there tomorrow too and would love to ride with ya.
Hey BB,
I'm waiting to hear from someone who also wanted to ride tomorrow. If he doesn't have a conflict, I was hoping to show up around 10:30 am. But If that changes I'll let you know.
Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #22185
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,465
yesterday was wifes bday, so I didnt get to formerly Burchams to get my parts til early today. Soon as I got home with my stuff kids were reporting a toilet/tub drain backup problem which jumped in the way of tinkering.

Mid-aftenoon finally got to it, the leaky fork fixed, and the other apart but just now she comes out to garage and says we have to go out to dinner with friends.. I said "WOMAN DON'T YOU SEE MY MOTORCYLE IS IN PIECES".. (Really I said "ok let me take a shower", but was thinking the other.. )

In the process of the fork fixing found out my left leg, the leaky side, has a big tear in the gaiter which probaby explains the leak. more parts. I might go with the neoprene "fork skinz" instead of gaiters just for looks.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote