ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #22456
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTROM View Post
Oh, don't you sit there with your popcorn, coffee and newspaper like you're suddenly the voice of reason!

We know better..
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #22457
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Stupid Synonyms.
homophones

Sorry, back to lurking.
fahrenheit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #22458
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,387
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Oh, don't you sit there with your popcorn, coffee and newspaper like you're suddenly the voice of reason!

We know better..

MADSTROM screwed with this post 04-17-2013 at 04:19 PM
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #22459
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post

--edit..

..just a TREE!
Trees, you just go between them. Ask Goosecreek.

Anyone know of anyone local that does sag adjustments, and that specializes in suspension setup/adjustment (and that can teach me about sensible modifications for different weight/terrain situations)?

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #22460
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 855
challenge

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis

We know better..
You guys are funny. I know Madstrom is not interested in Tower Rd but I bet if you set the event on Hwy 56 he would be there in a second.

Anyway .... Im glad most of us think its not a good idea to set a timed race up Tower Rd. Its simply an accident ready to happen. From a bodily point of view ask Jersey. His nose is still messed up. From a motorcycle point of view .... ask me or DrWhipit. My rim is still bent and DrWhipit had to buy a new one.

If anyone is interested .... CC14 (Mudd road) is wide open. Scott Miner and I checked it out today. Most of the mud holes are dried up. Just a few water holes to navigate. Easy run from one end to the other. Scott was a hoot to watch today. New Heidenau tires on his F800GS. Great job Scott!!
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #22461
MX_Andrew83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I can understand the concern, and respect all opinions on this matter. I clearly didn't think this through when throwing the idea out. Cut me some slack it was late at night(I think)

Hopefully I can get out and do some riding soon.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #22462
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
Well my realtor sent the plumber out on his dime and had them snake the lines for me. All fixed for now. I will keep an eye out, but I'm hoping I'm all good. I also pulled my carpet back and have been running fans for the past 2 days. I think I'll be okay on the mold.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #22463
Jersey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
I learned my lesson on tower rd the fall hurts. Some pics from today.
Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #22464
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
I learned my lesson on tower rd the fall hurts. Some pics from today.
Jersey, try to take another picture from that overlook spot of the mountains on your way home in a couple of days. I'd love to see if it greens up while you are out there.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #22465
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 496
http://www.cyclenews.com/589/21381/R...-Schedule.aspx

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (April 17, 2013) - Officials from AMA Pro Racing announced today the addition of Colonial Downs to the 2013 AMA Pro Flat Track presented by J&P Cycles schedule. The circuit, which measures in at just over a mile, will feature the stars of the rolling thunder show on August 24, 2013 as Round 12 and brings the total number of mile races on the schedule to six. The race will mark the first time in the storied history of the Grand National Championship that the series will visit Colonial Downs, located in New Kent, Virginia.
"We're thrilled to bring our series to the legendary Colonial Downs race track," said Dan Johnsen, Director of AMA Pro Flat Track. "We are very proud to add a venue of this caliber to our schedule. Our riders will now have one more opportunity to battle for position in the point standings and also allows us to showcase our magnificent sport to a new market hungry for flat track racing."
The AMA Pro Grand National Experts will roll out their twin-cylinder machines on the last Saturday of August as Colonial Downs is one of the largest dirt tracks in the United States, coming in at 1.25 miles. The rising stars in the J&P Cycles Pro Singles will have their skills put to the ultimate test in late August aboard their 450cc machines, in a race which will surely come down to the wire.
For tickets and more information regarding the AMA Pro Flat Track presented by J&P Cycles event scheduled for August 24, 2013 at Colonial Downs, please visit http://www.colonialdowns.com/.
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #22466
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,267
Gonna have to miss it. I'll be at a COG Rally (Dog Days Rally) over in WV that w/e.

Too many events; not enough time.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #22467
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Well my realtor sent the plumber out on his dime and had them snake the lines for me. All fixed for now. I will keep an eye out, but I'm hoping I'm all good. I also pulled my carpet back and have been running fans for the past 2 days. I think I'll be okay on the mold.
You got a dehumidifier? My mom had a fitting break under the sink in the utility room. Totally soaked the carpet in the next room. I set up a dehumidifier, had it drain into the sink and after about 4 days everything was dry. Took the room from 70% humidity to 30%.

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #22468
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
You got a dehumidifier? My mom had a fitting break under the sink in the utility room. Totally soaked the carpet in the next room. I set up a dehumidifier, had it drain into the sink and after about 4 days everything was dry. Took the room from 70% humidity to 30%.
I actually have a dehumidifier built into the house under the thermostat on the main floor. Maybe I can just turn the setting down lower? I've got it set on 35 right now based on the weather and settings it said to use.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #22469
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 855
Productive day today. I repaired part of the irrigation system, completed some yard work, got the DRZ400 inspected AND got a new rear tire installed on the GL1800. Since I have a trailer hitch installed (that I never use) I can't just drop the wheel out the bottom and rear of the bike like its designed. So..... Here is how I did it. I laid some towels on the ground and leaned the bike over onto its crash bars. Piece of cake. 5 lug nuts and off it came.

Now I'm ready to pack the GS for a weekend in Laurel Forks. Anyone riding over? It may be wet riding over tomorrow afternoon but sunny and cool for the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #22470
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
Now I'm ready to pack the GS for a weekend in Laurel Forks. Anyone riding over? It may be wet riding over tomorrow afternoon but sunny and cool for the weekend.
I'm out. Heading to MD Sat. for the younger grandson's birthday party.

Ya'll have fun, and be safe.