ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #22756
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Stop making me miss Blacksburg. The cascades are pretty cool. I'd almost be willing to bet there is still ice on the falls. Too bad I wasn't into bikes when I lived out there. How much further is your land?

10 minutes to 460 from the cascades, and then 20 minutes west just before the WV border. It's a great area. The prettiest part of VA imo.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #22757
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,123
Saturday or Sunday

One of the days this weekend, I'm taking little bike to the mountains. No real planning yet. Might go towards Reddish knob or further south toward Buena Vista. If further south, I'll ride Rt 6 west to 29, if north towards Reddish Knob then I'll take 33.

Anyone interested in going either day? I'll be on a 250 and I expect it to be a 300+ mile day. Nothing too technical as we'll still need to ride home and I haven't had this bike out for a bit. Promise it will be big bike friendly as long as you know how to ride it. I'll even help pick them up if you fall.

So who wants to go? I'm open to suggestions for destination if your going to be riding there too.

jgiacobbe screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 05:53 PM Reason: spell check mispelled stuff
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #22758
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 853
P'burg BBQ sounds like a plan! See you gents (and ladies?) there.

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #22759
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Replaced my chain today. Check out that wear!

Also, my pet spider had babies! I'm a pep pep!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #22760
Jinksy
- Jinksy

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I know the question came up before and maybe I missed the answer but for what type of touring bike are you looking? ADV, cruiser, sport, Goldwing? Suzuki Dl1000 V-Strom trade perhaps Just wondering.

Guy if noone else speaks up would you be up for some BBQ here in Petersburg for the RTE? I'm going around noon. http://saucyswalkupbbq.blogspot.com/

I'm gonna check out the tractor museum as well. http://www.keystonetractorworks.com/
Sorry man, I'm not good with these thread things. Better if you message me. I'm trying to get a HD Street Glide. I'd like to keep this too but makes no sense to have them both. I'm striking out selling this bike though.
Jinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #22761
Jinksy
- Jinksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksy View Post
Sorry man, I'm not good with these thread things. Better if you message me. I'm trying to get a HD Street Glide. I'd like to keep this too but makes no sense to have them both. I'm striking out selling this bike though.
Just got your message too. Trying not to put too many miles on my bike since I'm trying to get rid of it. That BBQ sounded good though. Sorry for the late response.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #22762
Jinksy
- Jinksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
My new farkle!

This looks good man, good pick.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #22763
Hack

Oddometer: 3,795
No problem Jinksy. BBQ is not til tomorrow in Petersburg.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #22764
Jinksy
- Jinksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
No problem Jinksy. BBQ is not til tomorrow in Petersburg.
Damn working bro, sorry. I was craving BBQ the other day too. I know you're not looking to buy but if you know any friends looking for a dual sport please send them my way. Have fun, safe riding.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #22765
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
My wife and son are going to NOVA for a cousin's first communion and since I am allergic to the traffic up there I AIN'T GOIN'! Therefore this is a great opportunity for me to ride in some nice spring weather. Now my wife, thank god she's not a lurker, thinks I am going to be getting a great deal of work done in and around the house so I am not sure i can pull an all day ride, but I will lay that idea on her tonight anyway and see how frustrated she gets. Hey. This weather will not be here long... My Tiger has not been out of state yet and I would love to introduce her to WV, if possible. Anyone have a ride planned for Saturday or want to rack up some miles with me for as long as I can?
I might take a ride out Sat if the weather stays good. I'm not sure about WV and back in a day. I could pitch a tent and come back Sunday though.

For a day ride how we get together with Jeremy and check out that Katherine Furnace area where some of the guys went a few weeks ago. I don't know if that's too rough for the tiger or not. never been. From the videos didn't look too bad. Or Reddish Knob area.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #22766
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,892
Quote:
Stop making me miss Blacksburg. The cascades are pretty cool. I'd almost be willing to bet there is still ice on the falls. Too bad I wasn't into bikes when I lived out there. How much further is your land?
It can be nice above the first falls.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #22767
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
I might take a ride out Sat if the weather stays good. I'm not sure about WV and back in a day. I could pitch a tent and come back Sunday though.

For a day ride how we get together with Jeremy and check out that Katherine Furnace area where some of the guys went a few weeks ago. I don't know if that's too rough for the tiger or not. never been. From the videos didn't look too bad. Or Reddish Knob area.
Looks like a Sunday ride towards Reddish Knob. Planning to meet up at Walgreens at Parham and ThreeChopt. Could pick up others coming from the south further west if needed. Looking to leave at 8:30. A Tiger or GS will be fine. Not planning on exploring any trails, just fire roads. I've been on plenty of them there with my DL650.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #22768
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
A nice ride in the country with lots of twisties.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:50 AM   #22769
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Back in the 80's while at VA tech I started the New River Valley Motorcyclists Association NRVMA with a couple of guys from school.

We had some locals in it as well. So much great amazing riding all over the place there. Wasn't into dual sport then and I can't even imagine how epic some of the true back roads and trails must be in that area.

Have fun!!!
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #22770
BDRichmond
Adv'er

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Back in the 80's while at VA tech I started the New River Valley Motorcyclists Association NRVMA with a couple of guys from school.

We had some locals in it as well. So much great amazing riding all over the place there. Wasn't into dual sport then and I can't even imagine how epic some of the true back roads and trails must be in that area.
I was at Tech in the late '80's and had a Honda XL250R dual sport that I rode all over those mountains. My housemates all had dual sports and we spent more time off road around Blacksburg than we did in class. It was always fun to ride down Main Street covered in mud

BD
BDRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote