ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #22921
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
Aimless plug for a friend shop in the Lanexa area off Forge Road......

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #22922
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 656
Morton's Spring Fling next weekend

Anyone planning to attend Morton's BMW Spring Fling in Natural Bridge,VA next weekend? I plan to head down sometime Friday afternoon, May 17th and tent camp at the Natural Bridge KOA in the meadow. Let me know if you want to ride down together. I just want to get there in time to check in at the Rally and Campground and make it to the Beer and Brats Bash Friday evening.

http://www.mortonsbmw.com/springfling_2013.html

http://www.naturalbridgekoa.com/
Old 05-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #22923
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDoctor View Post
Anyone planning to attend Morton's BMW Spring Fling in Natural Bridge,VA next weekend? I plan to head down sometime Friday afternoon, May 17th and tent camp at the Natural Bridge KOA in the meadow. Let me know if you want to ride down together. I just want to get there in time to check in at the Rally and Campground and make it to the Beer and Brats Bash Friday evening.

See ya there Greg
Old 05-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #22924
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Anyone planning to attend Morton's BMW Spring Fling in Natural Bridge,VA next weekend? I plan to head down sometime Friday afternoon, May 17th and tent camp at the Natural Bridge KOA in the meadow. Let me know if you want to ride down together. I just want to get there in time to check in at the Rally and Campground and make it to the Beer and Brats Bash Friday evening. /
I'm heading down Friday as well. I was thinking about meeting up with the group leaving from Mortons. But that would mean riding north to go south west. LOL! They're leaving at (I think) 10am. But I could easily be persuaded to leave later.

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #22925
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Tor lives !!!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...6#post21368616

Ha ha ha!!!

For those new to the forum, we actually have a Richmond Tag-O-Rama. It's just been dead for many a month. But it has been revived. And don't listen to the TOR-Haters ... it's a fun game. Grab your smart phone (w/ Tapatalk!) and get your tag on!

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
Old 05-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #22926
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:

The wife and I will be there Friday evening. Staying in the hotel this year.......
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #22927
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,433
Sounds like everybody's got big plans for next week.. I'm headed out first thing Wed morning. Riding down B.R.Parkway to Boone NC. Back Sunday. It's the 14th annual FJ1200 spring rally and camp out.

Excellent riding and company and big ass fires. Can't wait.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #22928
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,267
Yup, I'll be at a COG Rally up in PA...... followed by another trip to the edge of mountains the following w/e for a camp out.

Really want to do a couple of things to the KLR before that one, but doubt the parts will be here in time.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #22929
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,043
Quote:
Anyone planning to attend Morton's BMW Spring Fling in Natural Bridge,VA next weekend?
I hope to leave after getting the kids on the school bus at 0800 on Friday so that I can get in a full day of saddle time in before the Beer and Brats dinner! I also want to pre-ride the "official" DS route on Friday.

I didn't back from the BMW PC last night until almost midnight. Being away from work and getting (my first) an opportunity to really push a F800GS hard both on and off-road is always a good thing. The 800 continues to impress me! (now if BMW would just double the weight of the flywheel we'd make HUGE progress!) We rode some amazing roads and I made some new friends. I will get some pictures posted up soon.

This was going on down there yesterday as well...super cool! Tricked out, and LOUD, Vipers, Nissan GTR's, Astons, Porsches and a bunch of other exotics and even hot rod Honda Odyssey! No I'm not kidding! (http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/honda-odyssey-race-ready-with-523-hp.html)

One Lap of America: http://www.onelapofamerica.com/

Check out the new F800GS "Adventure". It has a 50% bigger tank and some other testosterone filled off-road upgrades: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/856/16127/Motorcycle-Article/BMW-Announces-2014-F800GS-Adventure.aspx

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 11:53 AM
Eddy Alvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #22930
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Got all my gear in for next weekend. I'm happy with how small it all packs. If the sleeping bag had a true compression sack it would pack even smaller.
Hey Burton. You can take the pad out of its bag and just get some straps to cinch it into a nice roll (and more straps to cinch to bike) then stuff your sleeping bag into the stuff sack from the pad. That bag the sleeping bag is in is for long term storage. THe bag is big to keep it fluffy as it is bad for it to be packed tightly long term. You may have another bag of some sort as well to stuff the sleeping bag in. When I first started backpacKing back in high school I used a true compression bag and then realized I didn't need a bag at all. I usually just stuff it into my pack in a void or around fragile bjects or around clinky noise pots or to keep the area against my bike soft. If you need a smaller stuff sack I may be able to come up with one you can borrow. The most important thing is safely packing everything onto your bike. You won't be able to see what is going on behind you right above that spinning wheel and chain. Make sure you have plenty of good straps and more in reserve. You can also borrow my Wolfman Enduro Saddle bags. I just have to get them back by the 23rd.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #22931
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Rain Cover

Anyone know where I can get a tank bag rain cover locally? I just purchased a Wolfman Explorer Lite, but it doesn't come with one. And they want $19.99 plus shipping for it. (No thanks).

I just need something plastic/vinyl with either a gathering string or an elastic thingie to hold it in place. Like a giant waterproof hair net. LOL! I was going to use the one off the old tank bag, but it appears that the dude I sold/bought the bike from removed it.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #22932
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
I used a shower cap from Wal-mart for one of my bags for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
Anyone know where I can get a tank bag rain cover locally? I just purchased a Wolfman Explorer Lite, but it doesn't come with one. And they want $19.99 plus shipping for it. (No thanks).

I just need something plastic/vinyl with either a gathering string or an elastic thingie to hold it in place. Like a giant waterproof hair net. LOL! I was going to use the one off the old tank bag, but it appears that the dude I sold/bought the bike from removed it.
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #22933
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
See ya there Greg
Moymurfs and I will be there too. Looking forward to the beer and brats.
B.E. Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #22934
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post

use a trash bag works great if you get the correct size
IBA#10787

We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #22935
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,133
neat site if you are into maps

http://world.time.com/timelapse/#

you can enter a location under "Explore the world" linky
IBA#10787

We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote