ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #23806
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Just got back in. Great ride today, but I wrecked my bike a lot harder than I ever have. I will try and post a blooper reel soon. It even ripped my pants off.
Details? Sorry I missed out. Work has been crazy this week, first I've been back on since you posted the shoe creek / roanoke trip plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klim86 View Post
Where are these trails? Im new to VA and Dual Sporting and I am trying to find some local trails where I can get some experience. Thanks
I just met Rich ^^^ yesterday @ Home depot, had to go over and chat with the guy on the XR 650L that close to home. Turns out he is stationed here (Ft. Lee) and has just gotten into town from Ft. Carson CO. I mentioned to him about the guys here on ADV rider and the local Richmond area section.

Anyway ~ I'd like to get together a southside ride sometime this week, catch up with him and give a tour. Anyone else up for it? I can do Wed evening or Thurs Fri before 2pm... Not sure what his schedule is looking like yet.

Whitfield screwed with this post 06-23-2013 at 11:21 AM
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #23807
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I think I found a way to make my video work. Follow this link to an album and then click on the last "photo"

.https://picasaweb.google.com/1130096...eat=directlink

Thanks for posting that up!

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #23808
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,441
Quote:
I think I found a way to make my video work. Follow this link to an album and then click on the last "photo"

.https://picasaweb.google.com/1130096...eat=directlink
Great video, looks like a really good time. Still bummed I missed it.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #23809
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitfield View Post
Details? Sorry I missed out. Work has been crazy this week, first I've been back on since you posted the shoe creek / roanoke trip plans.

Videos of said wreck are two pages back.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #23810
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 847
Skyline Drive?

Hey ... were any of you FFs on Skyline today around 2:45? I passed a group of GS types that looked semi-familiar.

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #23811
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,187
OK, non bike brag

DirtDoc, for what ever reason, ask me to play in the MCC member -guest golf tourney , with my bad neck and his schedule, we were in the last flight "G" ( that's the 7th flight for the non-golfers) 6 teams per flight, 9 hole match play against the others in the flight = 27 holes of play. Flight winner goes to a play off. We scratched it around and somehow won our flight

now we're in with the big dogs a playoff hole against one team, got that! now a playoff with 3 other teams

after one hole, a chip off to determine the finals!! Dirt pops it very close, now we're in against the "A" team players

first hole= tie
2nd hole = tie
3rd hole= winners!!!!!! hackers rule !!!

have never seen DirtDoc that freaking nervous

cool prize plus $100 gift card.

btw, Dirt Doc was either high or drunk when he placed a $100 bet on our team He walked off with $300

that was fun!!!
IBA#10787

We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #23812
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
What got a hold of your pants by the way? The peg?? I tried to slow it down with cursor to figure out what happened but it is too much going on too fast.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #23813
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
What got a hold of your pants by the way? The peg?? I tried to slow it down with cursor to figure out what happened but it is too much going on too fast.
It was a lot happening at once. I THINK what grabbed it was a nub poking out of one of the broken logs on the ground that I hit on the way into the tree. I think my foot was off the peg, it grabbed the piece sticking out of the log, and ripped it clean off. At least that's what I think after looking around after getting my bike back on two wheels.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #23814
ddlewis
squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
btw, Dirt Doc was either high or drunk when he placed a $100 bet on our team He walked off with $300

that was fun!!!
Way to go Underdogs!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #23815
ddlewis
squirrel

Quote:
I just watched.. lmao burton, you crashed your pants off. I know exactly where that is btw, Jeremy G. might recognize that little hill with the double dip at the top. Chuck and Michhub too.

Seriously though.. in my opinion MX boots are a much bigger deal than pants for the kind of riding you seem to like. Wait'll you catch a dogwood across the shin, those work boots aren't diddly.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #23816
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
OK, non bike brag

DirtDoc, for what ever reason, ask me to play in the MCC member -guest golf tourney , with my bad neck and his schedule, we were in the last flight "G" ( that's the 7th flight for the non-golfers) 6 teams per flight, 9 hole match play against the others in the flight = 27 holes of play. Flight winner goes to a play off. We scratched it around and somehow won our flight

now we're in with the big dogs a playoff hole against one team, got that! now a playoff with 3 other teams

after one hole, a chip off to determine the finals!! Dirt pops it very close, now we're in against the "A" team players

first hole= tie
2nd hole = tie
3rd hole= winners!!!!!! hackers rule !!!

have never seen DirtDoc that freaking nervous

cool prize plus $100 gift card.

that was fun!!!
From the back of the pack we charged and conquered...and I had The Best Damn Partner out there!! Thanks Buddy, you kept me cool when the pressure was on...can't wait to rematch next year and defend our title. Bet that vodka tasted even better out of the Champions Glass. That was fun!!!

Old 06-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #23817
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
x2 when BB and I rode it I wore jeans but had the riding boots on.

Nice video & Spectacular crash ~ almost a full yard sale.

BB and I talked about crossing the tracks but knowing how those can be either bone or bike breakers I didn't want to beat us up + they are dug out really bad too. Dude riding the KLX 250 nailed it on that crossing ~ luck or skill he made it look easy.

BTW Congrats to Dirt Doc & Freaking RT.
I've played a few times, so far I've only gotten a Squirrel. Couple holes later I had a chance at an Eagle but he flew away before I could make my drive off the tee.

Whitfield screwed with this post 06-23-2013 at 07:04 PM
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #23818
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,944
Dan, I did recognize that hill.

So today I caged it to Orlando. Down here for conference. Didn't fly because it was on the east coast and I don't like saying moo as I make my way to economy. Last year I almost missed half the conference due to a storm in Charlotte. So now that I am here I have to ask, WTF do old people like it here. 100% humidity and 80+ degrees at night. I know they get cold but don't they suffer from heat stroke too?
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #23819
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Dan, I did recognize that hill.

So today I caged it to Orlando. Down here for conference. Didn't fly because it was on the east coast and I don't like saying moo as I make my way to economy. Last year I almost missed half the conference due to a storm in Charlotte. So now that I am here I have to ask, WTF do old people like it here. 100% humidity and 80+ degrees at night. I know they get cold but don't they suffer from heat stroke too?
Maybe it's nicer on the coast.

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #23820
klim86
veteran

Oddometer: 143
introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitfield View Post
I just met Rich ^^^ yesterday @ Home depot, had to go over and chat with the guy on the XR 650L that close to home. Turns out he is stationed here (Ft. Lee) and has just gotten into town from Ft. Carson CO. I mentioned to him about the guys here on ADV rider and the local Richmond area section.
Hey guys just dropping a quick introduction. Like Whitfield said my name is Rich and I am in the Army stationed at Ft Lee. I just got back from Ft Carson where I had gotten really big into MTBing. I really liked the technical cross country rides out in CO, unfortunately there aren't too many out here. I have a Specialized Rockhopper 29er Comp its a good bike I've put close to 900 trail miles on it in little over a year.

As for motorcycles, I am the proud new owner of a 06 XR50L, I haven't done any mods to the bike yet (a acerbis tank 5.8g is in the mail). I had a 80 Suzuki GS750 that I turned into a caf racer after I rebuilt the engine. Needless to say I am pretty handy with a wrench if any of you need a hand with anything, mods or maintenance.

Other than that when Im not at work or turning wrenches try I spend all my free time with my 9 month old son.

I look forward to reading posts and hopefully catching up and hitting some trails.

Rich
klim86 is offline   Reply With Quote