ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #23881
JaySee
Mofo

Oddometer: 127
Klim pants

I have the Dakar pants in light gray and have washed them in the machine dozens of times as they are often covered in mud. They are holding up well after over a year of use but have mud stains on the seat that won't come out. They are pretty hot for summer so I just got a pair of the Bajas. They go in the wash too. Much better air flow with the Baja.

'06 SV650
'08 KTM300xcw
'05 DRZ400s
JaySee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #23882
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,373
Never laundry-wash any of my gear. .. hose 'em down when they get really muddy or sweaty, drip dry and that's it. still wearing stuff that's 10 yrs old has never seen the insides of a washing machine. I do wash my helmet innards with shampoo every so often..

Sorry I can't make it to check out Andrews backyard trials course.. working this weekend.
ddlewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #23883
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,568
Sidi boots on sale!

Guys - Just got this in my email.....you hard core offroaders want the bestest boot?

Slightly weird color choices but cheaper then the bikerland-de Ebay price....
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #23884
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 772
Pants?

Speaking of pants ... I've got a pair of Mens 38 First Gear Mesh Tex pants for sale in the Flea Market. Only worn once to a Mortons training day. They're pretty tight on me, and a tad short. Just have a bit of mud on them. Snap is tight too. Otherwise, they're new. Very good air flow.

$80 to a local FF.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898929

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #23885
Cervix_a_lot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Forgive me if this is the wrong place...

Hey guys, newbie to this site and honestly a newbie to motorcycles in general. That's not stopping me from trying my damdest to rebuild this musty old barn find of a 350 that I bought. Anyways enough with the introdction.
I was informed by a friend of a man by the name of Eppa Wimbish who works on classic motorcycles located in Central Virginia, having googled his name I came across a few posts in this thread confirming what my friend said, that Eppa is a really stand up guy who knows his shit. However those posts were from a ways back and had a question since some of you seemed to know him as well.

From what I have gathered he works out of his home? And although I was given his number by a friend I was wondering if it was rude to contact him directly having never met him beforehand.

Again I appologize if this is the wrong thread to post this in, and thanks for any and all of the help you guys give me. I can't wait to become an active part of tis community!
Cervix_a_lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #23886
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervix_a_lot View Post
Hey guys, newbie to this site and honestly a newbie to motorcycles in general. That's not stopping me from trying my damdest to rebuild this musty old barn find of a 350 that I bought. Anyways enough with the introdction.
I was informed by a friend of a man by the name of Eppa Wimbish who works on classic motorcycles located in Central Virginia, having googled his name I came across a few posts in this thread confirming what my friend said, that Eppa is a really stand up guy who knows his shit. However those posts were from a ways back and had a question since some of you seemed to know him as well.

From what I have gathered he works out of his home? And although I was given his number by a friend I was wondering if it was rude to contact him directly having never met him beforehand.

Again I appologize if this is the wrong thread to post this in, and thanks for any and all of the help you guys give me. I can't wait to become an active part of tis community!
Welcome. We want pictures of the barn find.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #23887
Cervix_a_lot
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
Welcome. We want pictures of the barn find.

Alright, you asked for 'em, don't judge me too harshly I got it for $240 and it runs...not well, it can't shift into first gear, and it leaks oil like a son of a bitch, but it runs.

This is when I first got it off the truck and back home

This is after we cleaned the carbs and got it running.

This is the SR241 I mounted on the back and am waiting to get balnaced/trued once I find someone who won't completly gouge me on the labor costs.

As it stands I have cleaned (but not rebuilt) the carbs, replaced the rear tire/tube/rim strip on the back wheel, installed new rear brake pads, installed OEM airboxes and filters. I know it runs but because of my lack of knowledge and the large amount of oil it is leaking I am left in a rough spot. My friend who got me into motorcycles knows a bunch but there doesn't seem to be much that he can help me with in tearing the enginge apart and replacing the gaskets/ checking the internals for anything else that may be wrong.

*sorry for the large images, I tried to resize them.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #23888
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,025
Quote:

Welecome to ADV

Eppa is a great guy, his shop is near Central Garage (360 and 30). I have never had him work on any bikes but have a bought some from him. I doubt he would mind if you called him to work on something.
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #23889
Cervix_a_lot
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPlate View Post
Welecome to ADV

Eppa is a great guy, his shop is near Central Garage (360 and 30). I have never had him work on any bikes but have a bought some from him. I doubt he would mind if you called him to work on something.

Thanks for the welcome and the info.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #23890
Hack
Meet George Jetson

Oddometer: 3,550
I have not personally meant Eppa but have heard nothing but good things about him.

If for some reason he does not work out for you a gentelman on this thread by the name of Guy Young has done work for me and many others here and is highly recommended.

Guy send my check to...

Good luck and I love the Honda
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #23891
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,174
Quote:
Alright, you asked for 'em, don't judge me too harshly I got it for $240 and it runs...not well, it can't shift into first gear, and it leaks oil like a son of a bitch, but it runs.

As it stands I have cleaned (but not rebuilt) the carbs, replaced the rear tire/tube/rim strip on the back wheel, installed new rear brake pads, installed OEM airboxes and filters. I know it runs but because of my lack of knowledge and the large amount of oil it is leaking I am left in a rough spot. My friend who got me into motorcycles knows a bunch but there doesn't seem to be much that he can help me with in tearing the enginge apart and replacing the gaskets/ checking the internals for anything else that may be wrong.

*sorry for the large images, I tried to resize them.
Those early CV carbs were notorious for fuel leaking by the float valves and filling crankcase with gas. Highly recommend your draining and replacing the oil in the crankcase. Also, if the bike is going to sit, turn the petcock to the OFF position.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #23892
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,846
Cool2 73' Spitfire for Sale

My Triumph Spitfire is up for sale if anyone is looking for a fun british sports car
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=887377

PM if interested

HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #23893
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBN View Post
My Triumph Spitfire is up for sale if anyone is looking for a fun british sports car
Off topic, but..........

Went by Rellas this past Saturday, and she said to say, "Hello."

Old 06-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #23894
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,846
I sincerely enjoyed my last visit and was able to spend some quality time with her. Good for everyone's soul. Thanks for passing along her greeting.
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #23895
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
Speaking of pants ... I've got a pair of Mens 38 First Gear Mesh Tex pants for sale in the Flea Market. Only worn once to a Mortons training day. They're pretty tight on me, and a tad short. Just have a bit of mud on them. Snap is tight too. Otherwise, they're new. Very good air flow.

$80 to a local FF.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898929
Hig,
Dibs, if these are good summer pants.
I have Firstgear pants (sz 38) that fit great but are hot as hell in the summer. Perhaps we could meet at a RTE this Friaday? Anyone have a suggestion? Since I'm skipping BYOB in favor of Andrews I have Friday free. If anyone knows me, that is a miracle this time of year.