ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #23896
Cervix_a_lot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Those early CV carbs were notorious for fuel leaking by the float valves and filling crankcase with gas. Highly recommend your draining and replacing the oil in the crankcase. Also, if the bike is going to sit, turn the petcock to the OFF position.

Thanks for the tip, I am 99% sure we did that after we got it to fire up the one time we got it running but I'll double check.
Cervix_a_lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #23897
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
Hig,
Dibs, if these are good summer pants.
I have Firstgear pants (sz 38) that fit great but are hot as hell in the summer. Perhaps we could meet at a RTE this Friaday? Anyone have a suggestion? Since I'm skipping BYOB in favor of Andrews I have Friday free. If anyone knows me, that is a miracle this time of year.
Sounds like we have a winner. Yes, they're mesh everywhere but the waist and knees. Very cool. They just fit me like a second skin. Not a pretty sight.

I can certainly bring them to a meal.

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #23898
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Thanks for the tips on the pants. I knew get would be horrible for showing dirt, but it looks great and will be more visible than the darker colors.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #23899
btblueskies
BTBlueSkies

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
got a linky for the SPOT tracking ???

Have fun Jeff and Karl
Thanks for all the good wishes.... and the SPOTTY link is back a page or to..

All this talk about new pants has me thinking I need some summer pants.. I am worried my current gear will be too hot. A little late for that maybe.. I have the night to ponder and a week for mail delivery.

I have the KLIM Badlands...and while it was great this winter.. I am worried it will be toooooo hot.

It would suck to be on this trip in too hot gear. I close to grabbing some summer weight stuff and just taking a rain suite...

any opinions?

Smiles,
Karl
btblueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #23900
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by btblueskies View Post
Thanks for all the good wishes.... and the SPOTTY link is back a page or to..

All this talk about new pants has me thinking I need some summer pants.. I am worried my current gear will be too hot. A little late for that maybe.. I have the night to ponder and a week for mail delivery.

I have the KLIM Badlands...and while it was great this winter.. I am worried it will be toooooo hot.

It would suck to be on this trip in too hot gear. I close to grabbing some summer weight stuff and just taking a rain suite...

any opinions?
I have a pair of these Alpinestars that I love! Getting a little rough looking at probably 5-7 yrs old now, thinking about getting a new pair for when these croak. Here's a closeout deal.
http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpi...-textile-pants
ddlewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #23901
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Karl: Good luck and be safe on your trip! Make sure you document as much insanity as you can and post it up here for the rest of us who aren't yet able to take a month-long break from life for what's REALLY important. I've been meaning to get back to you about checking out your 3d printer's progress but man things have just been crazy lately. Have you made much more progress on the build?

HalfPlate: Really looking forward to Sat. If you fell a handful of times in an evening then it should definitely be a challenge. I was barely lucky enough to see you drop your bike one time the whole weekend during the Indian Creek rides.

This is way off-topic, but it's been a big news item lately and I follow current events pretty closely, so I've been thinking about the NSA leaks in particular quite a bit. If people are going to get all emotional and butthurt I'll drop the subject, but I've been wondering what this local group's take on these guys was, particularly Snowden?

The image probably makes how I feel about all this pretty clear. What's your position? Why? Of course if you want to ignore me and keep talking bikes that's OK too.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #23902
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbiker View Post
This is way off-topic...
Not to get all butt-hurt, but talking bikes is much more fun than getting pissed off about politics.

There's a large area in the basement just for getting butt-hurt.

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #23903
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
Not to get all butt-hurt, but talking bikes is much more fun than getting pissed off about politics.

I agree. Keep all that crap outta here. Pass it on to Jo Momma or Church, Money, and State.

Be prepared, however, you best have some pretty thick skin for the ensuing onslaught.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #23904
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,944
Was talking to someone who works for Polaris today at Cisco Live. Turns out Klim rhymes with time. I been saying it wrong all along. Sounds weird to me.

OK back to bikes and trips but no politics. Oh and why run over Dora?
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #23905
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by boon booni View Post
not to get all butt-hurt, but talking bikes is much more fun than getting pissed off about politics.

+1
IBA#10787

We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #23906
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Was talking to someone who works for Polaris today at Cisco Live. Turns out Klim rhymes with time. I been saying it wrong all along. Sounds weird to me.
Yea, me too. At the Mortons thing, they kept saying "Klime". Didn't know what they meant until the light bulb went off and I realized I had been riding on the short bus. :-)

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #23907
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Moving on.........

Friday RTE???

Old 06-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #23908
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

I don't want to know what just any random guy on the internet thinks about the issue. I can get plenty of that. I wanted to know what you guys specifically thought about it. But of course I won't press the issue. I'll just say this: I personally believe that regular people need to get involved in these issues one way or another, even if it's just talking about them. This country (and the world) are at a big turning point.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #23909
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbiker View Post

I don't want to know what just any random guy on the internet thinks about the issue. I can get plenty of that. I wanted to know what you guys specifically thought about it. But of course I won't press the issue. I'll just say this: I personally believe that regular people need to get involved in these issues one way or another, even if it's just talking about them. This country (and the world) are at a big turning point.

Dude, send it to the basement. Not a point of conversation here - PM each of the inmates individually and go from there.

We all have our political agenda, but they should not be a topic of discussion in this forum.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #23910
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Dude, send it to the basement. Not a point of conversation here - PM each of the inmates individually and go from there.

We all have our political agenda, but they should not be a topic of discussion in this forum.

I already finished. But since you want to get all "Dude" on me I'll make another point on the subject.

Quoted from the first post in this thread:

"Wanted to start this thread in case BoatBandit didn't want us clogging up the Richmond Check in thread.

Ok. Post whatever you want here Richmond folks, but I'm mostly interested in gaming, electronics, cool places for tags, hiking spots, and any motorcycling related stuff like repair questions/tips/gear etc..."

Is there some list of thread rules somewhere that I've missed?