ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #226
Gimmeslack
furthur

Oddometer: 2,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub
Hope you had a good ride today, I did! Of course, my start was rather leisurely as I left Cycle Concepts(hoping to pick up Rider929)around noon...rode the dreaded 60 out to Buckingham where I grabbed 56(60 has the ability to suck the life out of a good ride I tell you, no less then 4 police cars in various spots)...56 as you know is a great road(that RR crossing between county's had me catch some decent air time!), looks like the hunters were having alot of luck as well. I saw no less then 4 hanging trophy's. Hit Monte @3pm for some Chili and a chat with the long haired beauty..she was bored I think not wasting much time I rode down to Visuvious(sp?)not a car in sight! Passed some bikes headed the other way, nobody I recognized...with the sun going down decided to hit 11 to 340 to 64 for the 100 mile slab home, rolled in @5:30...couldn't feel my fingers(gotta work on that)...total was 275 for me...good day I say
Sounds like we crossed paths. We were heading up from Vesuvius to BRP (2-up on G/S) and you were heading down. We've met (Montebello earlier this year, except I was then riding green 08 KLR), but didn't recognize you flying by .

Great day for a ride

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

Twain
Gimmeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #227
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,738
Yup, I saw you....in the twisties, I thought to myself, "gimmeslack?"...you can't roll through there without atleast 1 sightng....
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #228
Gimmeslack
furthur

Oddometer: 2,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub
Yup, I saw you....in the twisties, I thought to myself, "gimmeslack?"...you can't roll through there without atleast 1 siting....
true dat...

I also had a red strom behind me heading N on BRP. Inmate maybe... we pulled in to Raven's Roost to try to thaw my claws but they kept going.

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

Twain
Gimmeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #229
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,584
Do any of you Richmond Coggers know if Clyde got that GS800??
COG 5903
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #230
rider929
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
The red strom may have been "mad". Sorry I missed the ride Mike. Maybe next time.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #231
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider929
The red strom may have been "mad". Sorry I missed the ride Mike. Maybe next time.
Nope...wasn't me. I didn't go afterall. Checked early this morning and there was too much "black ice". They even dropped salt or sand last night around here. So I said screw it and went in to the office until about 1:30. Then I came home and blew leaves.
So much for a great Saturday
MADSTROM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #232
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,437
Yeah they even mentioned black ice in "Dinwiddie" this AM. Wife and I went to Williamsburg for the day. Ended up picking up a nice Nikon D70s on the way home... Here are a couple of pics I used to test it out.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #233
rider929
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
The D70s is a great camera. I didn't know you were looking for an SLR. I have a Fuji S3 for sale on C-list.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #234
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider929
The D70s is a great camera. I didn't know you were looking for an SLR. I have a Fuji S3 for sale on C-list.

Sorry Gary! I just saw it now after reading your post. Try posting it in the flea market here. Lots of people lookin' for the DSLR's!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #235
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123
Do any of you Richmond Coggers know if Clyde got that GS800??
Knew he had one on order, but don't know if he's received it yet. He usually runs by here to show me his new toys, but I haven't seen him yet.

Both of us drooled over that machine out at the BMW tent when we were at the IndyGP. Guess his cash was a little more disposible than mine and went and did the deed.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #236
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

A nice dinner at Red Lobster

I suspect the wife is telling my younger daughter that I'd probably haul butt outta there to post a "grab" after I took this shot. My son is thinking, "I really didn't say I'd eat an oyster, did I?"

He did; they didn't.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:15 AM   #237
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young
Knew he had one on order, but don't know if he's received it yet. He usually runs by here to show me his new toys, but I haven't seen him yet.

Both of us drooled over that machine out at the BMW tent when we were at the IndyGP. Guess his cash was a little more disposible than mine and went and did the deed.
He had just come from a test ride the day of the COG lunch up at Colonial Beach. He was supposed to go back that week and do the deed. They have one here at our Beemer place all decked out with hard AL cases and a ton of other goodies.

Those things just look bad ass, I'd like to ride one to see if the suspension/brakes are good enough to justify the price. I REALLY liked that about the 1200 GS I took for a ride once.
COG 5903
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #238
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
I hear what you are saying, mine definatly has a notched cutout, with a narrower "thick" section that runs deeper into the unit, alnog with the full width "thinner" slot (which is half as deep), filled with a pop-out filler plug showing the different depths. it also has the third type of card slot, which is really thin, but about as wide as the wide slot.
still a bummer dude, sorry to hear that.
The card I tried out (that worked in town, but not from my house) was the fat/wide card. (pcm/cia?)... glad I didn't sign a contract and tried before buying... curious to see if your carrier "reaches out and touches" from out here, have to try it after you get squared away.
That "thin" slot is probably for an SD card, or one of the other media storage devices. This one has one too, which is nice. Take the card out of the camera and pop it right in. No need for an external device like I use now with the D610.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #239
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123
He had just come from a test ride the day of the COG lunch up at Colonial Beach. He was supposed to go back that week and do the deed. They have one here at our Beemer place all decked out with hard AL cases and a ton of other goodies.

Those things just look bad ass, I'd like to ride one to see if the suspension/brakes are good enough to justify the price. I REALLY liked that about the 1200 GS I took for a ride once.
Yeah, it's all those "other goodies" that really take the price up... approaching (or exceeding) what the GS runs.

Ah! The price of our toys.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #240
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young
That "thin" slot is probably for an SD card, or one of the other media storage devices. This one has one too, which is nice. Take the card out of the camera and pop it right in. No need for an external device like I use now with the D610.

Go to Verizon and get the USB727. Runs off a usb port