ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #24091
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 762
What track to you go to Eddy? I wonder how my WR would do riding around on one.

Jeff Munn, you have a friend request coming. I'd like to see some of these pics. Glad you're having a good time. Edit: Guess not, I can't find you.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #24092
teeter
Frank Zappa the 6th

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by moymurfs View Post
If you were trying to move the motor around without disconnecting the transmission you are beating your head against a wall.
I should've been more clear. The motor and tranny are no longer bolted together . I'm thinking that I need to either disconnect the prop shafts and unbolt the crossmember that the tranny rests on in order to slide it back. Or I need to drop the diff to slide the motor forward. Either way I need to get them further apart before the motor will lift up.

Shoot me a PM if you want to sell the extra motor.

Thanks. Good luck! I'll PM you with extraction/installation questions if you don't mind. Feel free to do the same. I don't know much about it, but I'm learning.. fast.

teeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #24093
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
What track to you go to Eddy? I wonder how my WR would do riding around on one.

Jeff Munn, you have a friend request coming. I'd like to see some of these pics. Glad you're having a good time. Edit: Guess not, I can't find you.
Me either, anyone got a link to Mr Munn's Facebook page?
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #24094
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
Me either, anyone got a link to Mr Munn's Facebook page?
Search for Jeff Munn in the search for people heading. Several "Jeff Munns" will pop up. His is the one listed in Richmond.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #24095
teeter
Frank Zappa the 6th

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Search for Jeff Munn in the search for people heading. Several "Jeff Munns" will pop up. His is the one listed in Richmond.

Does this work or help in any way?
https://www.facebook.com/jeff.munn.5...00377403301874

teeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #24096
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Makes sense ~ But I did not find any Jeff Munn listed in Richmond.

**** Link above =
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home

I'll try again later.

Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #24097
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,038
https://www.facebook.com/jeff.munn.54
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #24098
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post

For what ever reason, the only local Jeff Munn that pops up is from Chesterfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPlate View Post
That did it.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #24099
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzacker View Post
Eddie- isn't that on the kiddie track? LOL
Yep! LOL! You should hear the ugly sounds my bike makes on the big track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
What track to you go to Eddy?
Charles City Dirt Riders Club.
http://www.ccdirtriders.org/
It's 1/2 mile from the Benjamin Harrison bridge. The land is owned by Bob White, owner of the now closed KTM dealer. He has a shop there and a barn/museum full of rare/old/race/motocross bikes (including Mike Barr's gorgeous, old, Pendelton).
It is a private track so it's never crowded. (On Sunday, Gabriel and I literally had the WHOLE place to ourselves for two hours!) You have two options to join 1. $75 up front and then $25 each day you ride or 2. A one time $700 fee and ride all you want all year (if you have kids under 18, they get to ride under your membership for free). The big track is maintained, groomed and irrigated (to keep down on the dust). There are four tracks (three of them are kiddie tracks), several woods trails, a obstacle area with tractor tires, etc. and a small oval track to practice your flat track/"feet up" power slides. Best of all, the people there are respectful and mindful of little ones on the track, one way traffic on the marked trails, it's very family friendly, no drunks and no 4-wheelers.

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 07-03-2013 at 07:46 AM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #24100
tg4360
Misfit Toy

Oddometer: 88
A few days after Jeff and Joe but I finally made it to Wheels through time..

I'm not much for harley stuff but seeing the old American iron was a treat. All the race bikes were great too.

I knew it would be good when I walked up to the door and it smelled like a garage.

If you are ever in the area you have to check it out. Maggie Valley is gorgeous too and it's not far to the BRP.

TG

tg4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #24101
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
Hopped a log that was diagonal across the trail. When the rear went over the back slid to the right. I tried to catch it with my left foot and ended up torquing my knee. Felt something pop. Dropped the bike. Stood up and everything seemed fine. I picked the bike up and set it on the side stand. But when I went to swing my leg over the moment I put all my weight on my left leg I collapsed like a sack of potatoes. Didn't even have the chance to try and catch myself. Stood up and tried to walk out and collapsed again. Found inmate "nuggets" and got a quick ride back to the garage.

Dr visit yesterday, he's thinking I tore my MCL and possibly ACL. Just got back from MRI this morning and should know tomorrow the full extent.
ouch!!! heal fast

on a lighter note, found the HD shop in Bridgetown, ( hey you can't stay on the beach every day )

they don't sell bikes, just pricey stuff

IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #24102
Killswitch924
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Looking for Fredericksburg area riders

Hey, I'm located in Fredericksburg, VA. I bought a Dakar last november and rode it through the winter and this summer so far. I've only had one real maintenance concern and I paid Morton's BMW to do the rear brake pads, fluids, and an oil change. Don't get me wrong, those dudes are great guys and did good work but I would like to do my own maintenance.

I have built a Nissan Xterra from complete stock into a capable overland/expo style vehicle and do all my own maintenance on that. Not being able to do so with the bike is bothering me. I've read, re-read, and read again, many of the FAQs on this forum and the so called Chain Gang forum. I feel like I have a fairly good understanding of alot of the tech side of things but when it comes down to learning it, I learn best by putting hands on. Here lies my problem. I'm hesitant to start taking stuff apart on a vehicle that I don't have experience on yet.

So, two things, I'm looking for local riders that may want to get out some this summer but also looking for riders that may be getting together for what we call "mod days" when we would take some of the "newbies" and kind of teach them their way around the basics of the Xterra. Not looking for a class, just someone that may be doing some maintenance that doesn't mind having an audience/helping hand there to gain some experience. Even just preventetive maintenance type work would be great. Something to gain a little experience versus diving in with no "voice of wisdom" there.
Killswitch924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #24103
sidi9000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Hey you guys ! What's Charles's screen name ?
( Charles with the black 800GS, 400yzf)
Thx !
sidi9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #24104
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch924 View Post
Hey, I'm located in Fredericksburg, VA. I bought a Dakar last november and rode it through the winter and this summer so far. I've only had one real maintenance concern and I paid Morton's BMW to do the rear brake pads, fluids, and an oil change. Don't get me wrong, those dudes are great guys and did good work but I would like to do my own maintenance.

I have built a Nissan Xterra from complete stock into a capable overland/expo style vehicle and do all my own maintenance on that. Not being able to do so with the bike is bothering me. I've read, re-read, and read again, many of the FAQs on this forum and the so called Chain Gang forum. I feel like I have a fairly good understanding of alot of the tech side of things but when it comes down to learning it, I learn best by putting hands on. Here lies my problem. I'm hesitant to start taking stuff apart on a vehicle that I don't have experience on yet.

So, two things, I'm looking for local riders that may want to get out some this summer but also looking for riders that may be getting together for what we call "mod days" when we would take some of the "newbies" and kind of teach them their way around the basics of the Xterra. Not looking for a class, just someone that may be doing some maintenance that doesn't mind having an audience/helping hand there to gain some experience. Even just preventetive maintenance type work would be great. Something to gain a little experience versus diving in with no "voice of wisdom" there.
The BMWBMW Club often has tech days every now and then. They have even used Mortons to host the tech days. That sounds like what you're looking for.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #24105
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidi9000 View Post
Hey you guys ! What's Charles's screen name ?
( Charles with the black 800GS, 400yzf)
Thx !
Dr. Whipit

"I’m lost. I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote