ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #24661
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,044
If anyone wants to meetup and ride Amherst area Saturday:

I figure I will prob camp at the campground off 60 at Pedal River Rd and Jordan Rd (37.748606, -79.264711). Plan is to head out of New Kent sometime Friday evening and just crash in the back of the SUV at the campground, than up early to get as many miles in as I can. If we don't meet up in the morning, the flight plan more or less will be: shoe creek to the levels (from coal road up to BRP), misc gravel, lunch in BVista at the outside burger joint around 12 or 1, than who knows what (kind of want to try the ATV trails at 150 and BRP, haven't done that since my ole cr250 days) I will keep an eye on my phone so shoot me a pm, email, txt msg, call, smoke signal or a flare.
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #24662
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 31,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBulldog View Post
Just introducing myself.
Met defaultgateway the other day at a Harbor Freight, he was on his '09 KLR.
He gave me the details of this site, so I thought I'd giv it a go.
So, I ride a 2012 KLR650. With all the usual mods, except mines way cooler then again, that's what you all think about yours..
Hope to se you all out and about.. Let me know of where there's a meeting place for fellow/ fellow she riders, and I'll take a trip out to say hi.
I live to ride.
Thanks for looking
Pete
welcome. enjoy, look around and beware of going down to the basement

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #24663
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBulldog View Post
Just introducing myself.
Met defaultgateway the other day at a Harbor Freight, he was on his '09 KLR.
He gave me the details of this site, so I thought I'd giv it a go.
So, I ride a 2012 KLR650. With all the usual mods, except mines way cooler then again, that's what you all think about yours..
Hope to se you all out and about.. Let me know of where there's a meeting place for fellow/ fellow she riders, and I'll take a trip out to say hi.
I live to ride.
Thanks for looking
Pete
Welcome to the site, have fun and get out and go on a group ride sometime. I can proudly say these are some of the nicest guys I have ever met, not one ahole in the group (and that's rare these days). BTW I love the fact the you rode the KLR to Harbor Freight Reminds my of that picture of Toodz with a Christmas tree on the back of the GS.
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #24664
buckrut1972
H.R. Nightmare

Oddometer: 112
A couple of jackets for sale

I have 2 each 2xl textile vented jackets for sale....

River Road (black and grey) is dang near brand new $80

Field Sheer (black) is used and broke in but no visible wear and tear $60

Have inner liners for both....

Will post pics in a few....

Just checkin if any locals are interested....

Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #24665
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I would like to head out by 8 AM (or earlier) and I live in Midlothian near 60 and 288. I will probably head back a little earlier than you guys. 2 hours out, 2 hours in the mountains (probably more), and then 2 hours home. That gets me home in time to get right much work done. I usually make a day of it too so the time going to and from the hills is worth it, but I can't this time. I don't have to get out there Saturday so please do not worry about trying to incorporate me into your plans. Let me know what you guys are doing or where you are meeting and I will see what I can do.
I have not heard back from anybody so there are no real plans yet.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #24666
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPlate View Post
misc gravel, lunch in BVista at the outside burger joint around 12 or 1, than who knows what (kind of want to try the ATV trails at 150 and BRP, haven't done that since my ole cr250 days)

Killing me ~ If only I could make the escape while my stunt double does daddy duty.

Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #24667
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitfield View Post

Killing me ~ If only I could make the escape while my stunt double does daddy duty.

Funny. I was going to say " You had me at Shoe Creek". And I think the smoke signal is probably the best option but w better get a code established. Cell reception out there is terrible.

I will likely go for a little ride tonight and the next night, and the next. Family is gone through the weekend. I am a free man! No stunt double required.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #24668
Chessie-Owner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
anyone have a sport bike insured here? I just got quoted for an 09 1198 at over 2k a year. About had a heart attack... I figured it would be expensive but seriously do people just buy sport bikes and instantly get in accidents... progressive. btw I have one ticket and 0 accidents ever.

any way I could just insure it for the few months I would be riding it? Return plates to dmv during the winter and store it in the garage safe and sound covered under homeowners insurance. But seriously the guy wished me a happy birthday and then tells me my insurance would be rased by $1680 a year.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #24669
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie-Owner View Post
anyone have a sport bike insured here? I just got quoted for an 09 1198 at over 2k a year. About had a heart attack... I figured it would be expensive but seriously do people just buy sport bikes and instantly get in accidents... progressive. btw I have one ticket and 0 accidents ever.

any way I could just insure it for the few months I would be riding it? Return plates to dmv during the winter and store it in the garage safe and sound covered under homeowners insurance. But seriously the guy wished me a happy birthday and then tells me my insurance would be rased by $1680 a year.
Check around. I've noticed quotes on my bikes vary by 200-300 percent from company to company. I'll admit to not riding anything that would be considered a sport bike though.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #24670
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:

I use Dairyland but I don't have a sport bike. I've heard State Farm just goes by cc's and not by type of bike.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #24671
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,900
Somebody has to pay Flow to do the commercials.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #24672
ptownjohnny
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
I use Dairyland but I don't have a sport bike. I've heard State Farm just goes by cc's and not by type of bike.
I have state farm and they were the cheapest for my kawasaki 636 . they do go by c.c. not type of bike . but I think this is a package car/bike . ball park 500 per year for a new bike around 10,000 - 12,000 full coverage . give them a call
ptownjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #24673
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Quote:

The wife and I are insured with Allstate, we have 4 bikes; R1200GSA, F650GS, KLR and an antique Guzzi, we are both olde farts, I pay $400 year full coverage on everything @ 100K / 300K so we are well insured. I haven't had a ticket since 1976.............just call me very lucky
Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #24674
ptownjohnny
Adventurer

you are lucky , my reckless driving ticket ended my allstate relationship , had to porgresve for a few years ouch !
Old 08-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #24675
ptownjohnny
Adventurer

Pissed insurance

you are lucky , my reckless driving ticket ended my relationship with allstate . had to with progressive for afew years 1500 per year for a cruiser ouch!