ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #24706
SnoreMachine
ɹǝdɯɐɔ ʞɔoɯɯɐɥ

Oddometer: 77
Old Gear

Still trying to get stuff out of the house. What is the name of the place in richmond/chester that buys/sells used gear? Was it street rockets of virginia? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #24707
BDRichmond
Adv'er

Oddometer: 61
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Haven't been there since this spring and the sprouting NT signs.

Wondered if anyone had visited... .
Actually just headed over there this morning with my son. We hadn't been in a couple of months and, after the posts on here, had started to park at the elem school on the other side rather than go in behind Martin's. Unfortunately as we were getting ready to pull in to the parking lot, we saw there was a Chesterfield PO/marked car sitting in the lot so we bailed. We were glad we saw it before unloading or coming back out of the woods and he didn't follow us. We were disappointed that we didn't get to ride because it was perfect weather. I guess we're looking for a new spot to ride now, if anyone has any local ideas...

BD
BDRichmond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #24708
rctr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
So my cage died today, so Monday I become a Full time biker! No excuses now!

Jimmy
Rctr
Old 08-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #24709
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Yes, Street Rockets of Virginia.
By the way, those are some awesome bags. Very NICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoreMachine View Post
Still trying to get stuff out of the house. What is the name of the place in richmond/chester that buys/sells used gear? Was it street rockets of virginia? Thanks.
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #24710
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggets View Post
Hi guys, I have three day weekends for the next couple of weekends. I would like to take a small bike camping trip to the George Washington National Forest. I am looking for 2-3 inmates to come along.

Here is a video from a similar trip last year to give you an idea of what to expect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZoqYde0WVQ

I can provide a ride for one person and their bike from Newport News.
PM me for further details or if you want to join the ride.
Great vid! Wish I was staying around for the next couple of weeks 'cuz I'd have to partake in at least one weekend of that kind of ADV.
I'm off tomorrow morning for MN with some Spock gloves, thanks to Snore Machine. Hopefully we can catch up again at the September RBMWR.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #24711
PatrickInVA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Hey SnoreMachine

I'm calling dibs on the grey, orange, and red bags on the bottom of this picture and the bag in the picture below.

I will PM you my info.
PatrickInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #24712
SnoreMachine
ɹǝdɯɐɔ ʞɔoɯɯɐɥ

Richmond Va chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dljocky View Post
Yes, Street Rockets of Virginia.
By the way, those are some awesome bags. Very NICE!
Thanks re street rockets. Let me know if you want some if the awesome bags! :)

--

I've a few requests for the bags (yea!). I need to know how to get them to people, and if people can post which ones they take dibs on that maybe helpful. I live in the west end near regency mall if those interested want to pick them up, or I can send the usps if I can get the postage paid for. I'd like to get all the bags out of the house by end of next weekend or sooner if possible. Thanks for the help on this bag grab! ;)
Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #24713
SnoreMachine
ɹǝdɯɐɔ ʞɔoɯɯɐɥ

Here is a video regarding those little DIY alcohol stoves I handed out today. Hammockforums has a discussion about it in the donating members kitchen section. Enjoy!

How To Turn A Beer Can Into The Only Camping Stove You'll Ever Need from Tom Allen on Vimeo.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #24714
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
Man O Man. We need to organize a Wounded ADV rally.

We'll hold it next spring so we've all had a chance to recuperate.
Sounds good, Revenge of the ADV-Gimps!
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #24715
SnoreMachine
ɹǝdɯɐɔ ʞɔoɯɯɐɥ

Richmond Va chatter

The great bag give away is now closed. I think I have people who are interested in each and every one now. Keep in touch with me to work out delivery options and I'll sort who gets what mainly by order of pm's and dibs taken.

Just to be clear if you PMd me asking for bags (but may or may not had a chance to post in the forum), you just need to let me know how to get them to you.

Thanks everyone!!

SnoreMachine screwed with this post 08-04-2013 at 08:20 PM
SnoreMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #24716
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 918
I need to hear some bike chatter. Halfplate, how did your ride go? Meet up wit anyone??
Old 08-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #24717
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,996
We caught up with him and PtownJohnny at about 1 in Buena Vista.rest of the day I kept seeing tracks from 2 motorcycles that I figure was them.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #24718
ptownjohnny
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
sat ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I need to hear some bike chatter. Halfplate, how did your ride go? Meet up wit anyone??
I ran into half plate around 8:00 looking for me . we left camp & did shoe creek from perkins mill . then something called the levels . wemt to beuana vista for lunch met defaultgateway , britsihbulldog & jajacobe . left looking for options , a lot of roads gatesclosed & dead ends , did alambra , bearscat & tower road were ihad a flat . had blast on a lot of twisty roads . halfplate don't sit around a lot & likes brisk pace . I am still tired but it was a great day. he pointed out tour parents place .
ptownjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #24719
Defaultgateway
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Flats

halfplate never gets flats, just the friends that ride with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptownjohnny View Post
I ran into half plate around 8:00 looking for me . we left camp & did shoe creek from perkins mill . then something called the levels . wemt to beuana vista for lunch met defaultgateway , britsihbulldog & jajacobe . left looking for options , a lot of roads gatesclosed & dead ends , did alambra , bearscat & tower road were ihad a flat . had blast on a lot of twisty roads . halfplate don't sit around a lot & likes brisk pace . I am still tired but it was a great day. he pointed out tour parents place .
Defaultgateway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #24720
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
Finally had time to catch up after being gone for a few days. Ended up blowing a radiator away from home the weekend. Ended up having to change it out on the side of the road with minimal tools. Looks like you guys have been riding hard.

I saw some post up about riding this weekend. I don't think I can do the overnight thing this weekend, but I would love to get out Friday to meet some people in the mountains if anyone is up for a ride.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is online now   Reply With Quote