ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #24826
RockinTheRVA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
I re-priced the bike at $4500, hoping for a quick sale :) I'm easy to deal with, if you come see the bike and don't like something or another we can work on the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinTheRVA View Post

Hey guys,

I am looking to sell my 2012 WR250R. It has 1650 miles on it, has only been offroad once, and has been garage kept. I have 3 bikes, I'm getting married in October, and have no time to ride all 3! Awesome bike, barely used. Never wheelied, jumped, mudded, etc. Title in hand with 2 sets of keys. Comes with all stock parts + extra oil and filters for your next change. It has the following farkles:

- FMF Power Programmer
- FMF Powercore 4 Exhaust
- Fender Eliminator Kit
- LED Blinkers w/proper relays
- Flatlands Skid Plate
- Acerbis Hand Guards
- Pro Taper Risers
- Woods High Bars
- Extra grips/air filter

= $1000+ in extras!

Has a couple wear marks from boots/swinging a leg over and a little dirt where I couldn't reach with my washcloth, but otherwise no damage!

Asking $4500 or best offer.

Located in Richmond, VA
RockinTheRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #24827
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 601
RockintheRVA, I thought you just bought her!? I will spread the word locally. I have some friends I've been trying to get to buy a dual sport, but that may be a bit above their price range. With good reason though. It's flawless!

Eddy, can you give me some more details on the Shennandoah 500? I would love to do it. What's the itinerary like, and how does one follow the route? I read the thread you posted here on it a while back, but still had unanswered questions. Also how much? Wasn't in the original thread when I looked.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #24828
RockinTheRVA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Thanks man. I really like the WR a lot, I just don't get to ride it as often as I'd like. It makes a great commuter, but I have both the 919 and the SV for that.

In getting married, I've reconsidered my finances a lot. I'll buy another dirt bike one day when I have more garage space and time to ride. I've already let the future wife know that haha. The next dirt bike will probably be a WR250R again. They handle superbly, look awesome, and are fun to ride on the street as well. Fuel injection is a nice plus! I got a good taste of the dirt bike world and I'll be back for more!
RockinTheRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #24829
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 1,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Eddy, can you give me some more details on the Shennandoah 500? I would love to do it. What's the itinerary like, and how does one follow the route? I read the thread you posted here on it a while back, but still had unanswered questions. Also how much? Wasn't in the original thread when I looked.
This is my first S500 but I'll tell you what I have heard. Limited to around 175-200 bikes, all bikes must be street legal, tagged and current inspection. Bikes must pass tech inspection, registration is "around" $135, this includes meals and routes. After paying for food/catering, any extra $$$ goes to charity. I don't know how routes are given but am taking Zumo 550. You need to make a campsite reservation separately on your own, it's family friendly, VERY fun and will sell out very fast. Don't think about it over the weekend or you will not get in...

Shenandoah 500

To

Online Pre-Registration for the 2013 Shenandoah 500 National 2-Day Dual Sport Opens This Friday, August 16th at 12:00am Midnight (that's very late night Thursday/very early Friday morning depending on how you look at it).

*** IMPORTANT *** - This event is ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY! First come, first served. No entries accepted after Friday, September 13, 2013 or when rider limit has been met, whichever comes first. NO MAILED IN PRE-REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!! NO POST-ENTRIES!! This event will continue, rain or shine - no refunds will be granted.

If you plan on camping with us at the Natural Chimneys Park Campground and have not yet made reservations, please call them at 540-245-5727 to make your reservations ASAP. Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

REQUIREMENTS TO RIDE: Your bike must be fully street-licensed, with a hard tag or a documented temporary tag. You must show current and matching registration for your bike, as well as a valid drivers license and current AMA membership card. Your bike must be equipped with a USFS-approved spark arrestor and pass the AMA sound test.

The National Forest Service monitors our behavior closely! Irresponsible riders need not apply. Please save your enduro riding skills for an enduro!

THE RIDE: Approximately 500 km (300 miles) total over both days of scenic back roads, dirt roads and trails.

THE LOCATION: Natural Chimneys Park, Mt. Solon VA, 12 miles southwest of Harrisonburg, VA off Interstate 81.
Physical Address - 94 Natural Chimneys Lane, Mt. Solon, VA 22843

DIFFICULTY: Relaxed and fun for all riders with some trail riding and road experience. Optional 'hero' sections for the more experienced and adventurous riders. This is not a race!

ACCOMMODATIONS: Camping will be available (with running water bathrooms and hot showers) for Friday and Saturday night at Natural Chimneys Park Campground. Please call 540-245-5727 to make your camping reservations ASAP. Electric hook-ups are available. If you are not interested in camping, there are numerous hotels also available around nearby Harrisonburg, VA.

Natural Chimneys Park Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=616

Natural Chimneys Park Campground Info - http://www.co.augusta.va.us/Index.aspx?page=617

FOOD: Entry fee includes breakfast, lunch, dinner for Saturday and breakfast, lunch for Sunday.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Ultra Heavy Duty (UHD) inner tubes in both your front and rear tires are highly recommended to help minimize the chance of pinch flats.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3ZfjOR_kg (Preview) Play
(Show link)

2008 NVTR Shenandoah 500 AMA National Dual Sport

novatrailriders

The 2009 AMA KTM Shenandoah 500 National Dual Sport was another ride for the record books this year! The weather was no less than perfect for the entire weekend. Northern Virginia Trail Riders would like to thank all the riders for coming out and helping make this another great event! Photos have been posted at: http://boitanophotography.smugmug.co.../YLFdsnU2ut2uY This amazing video was produced by Adrenaline Vision. If you like it and want to see more, visit their website - http://www.adrenalinevision.com/ or their youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/adrenalinev Even more pictures are posted at: ndrordr.smugmug.com

(Show link)

QUESTIONS?: Feel free to email us directly with any questions you might have - dualsport@watr.us AND "like us" on Facebook to receive more updates, share photos, video, etc. - http://www.facebook.com/WashingtonAreaTrailRiders

We hope to see you on the trail with us in October!

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 08-15-2013 at 03:15 PM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #24830
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 601
Ok! If you could just please post the registration link when it's live and I will most likely be signing up. Since food is provided I don't have to worry about my lack of cooking equipment for the bike.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #24831
MoonBeamer
The Mountains are calling

Oddometer: 89
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggets View Post
Hi guys, I have three day weekends for the next couple of weekends. I would like to take a small bike camping trip to the George Washington National Forest. I am looking for 2-3 inmates to come along.

Here is the plan:
1. Trailer bikes to launch spot near the GWNF.
2. Ride all day.
3. Find a camp spot.
4. Repeat until Sunday.
Thanks for the ride nuggets. I had a good time riding and camping. You have inspired me to scale down my camping setup.

Remember my heated tail light??? Turns out my sub frame was bent down from all the crap on it. I am sure the water break jumps didn't help either :-)

I plan on shoring the frame up with some extra support welded in the proper places. And I may add lower pannier racks that will help to add support to the rear rack.

Any way, it was worth it and I look forward to riding that area again. It looks like me and some local guys to me will be doing a camp/ride event on 20-22 September.
2010 R1200GS Ready for Adventure
MoonBeamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #24832
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 651
Quote:
Ok! If you could just please post the registration link when it's live and I will most likely be signing up. Since food is provided I don't have to worry about my lack of cooking equipment for the bike.
I am pretty sure only some of the meals are included like maybe lunch and dinner the day of the ride. And I think you use roll charts to navigate. Not sure as i have never been. I bought a roll chart holder at Ultimate Cycles in Midlothian years ago. You can call them to see if they have one in stock. Coded directions are printed on adding machine paper which you load onto two two spools in the holder and you roll the paper to see what turns are ahead. Or just follow the pack and hope they are going the right way. I want to do this ride one year to see the roads that are typically closed and only opened to vehicles for this ride. Other than that I think it is too many people and too much dust for me.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #24833
nuggets
Fries with that?

Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeamer View Post
Thanks for the ride nuggets. I had a good time riding and camping. You have inspired me to scale down my camping setup.

Remember my heated tail light??? Turns out my sub frame was bent down from all the crap on it. I am sure the water break jumps didn't help either :-)

I plan on shoring the frame up with some extra support welded in the proper places. And I may add lower pannier racks that will help to add support to the rear rack.

Any way, it was worth it and I look forward to riding that area again. It looks like me and some local guys to me will be doing a camp/ride event on 20-22 September.
You need to post a pic of the rattlesnake and heated light
nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #24834
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 636
As previously mentioned, for sale: F650GS

I posted my '06 F650 for sale on the flea market.

Looking forward to shopping for the next one. Eddy, I'm sure you'd have a few recommendations. I believe Chuck's money is on another GS.

@Guy, re: your thoughts about the moose decal on the tank... .

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #24835
BDRichmond
Adv'er

Oddometer: 46
Thumb

Quote:
Ok! If you could just please post the registration link when it's live and I will most likely be signing up.
Registration for the Shenandoah 500 is live now - http://watr.webs.com/. Spots are still open but no idea for how long (it sells out every year) so if you're interested I'd head over there right away. I have ridden this at least a dozen times but this will be the first year with my son who just got his MC learner's permit (but has been riding since he was 7) - I can't wait!

BD
BDRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #24836
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
I posted my '06 F650 for sale on the flea market.

Looking forward to shopping for the next one. Eddy, I'm sure you'd have a few recommendations. I believe Chuck's money is on another GS.

@Guy, re: your thoughts about the moose decal on the tank... .
My vote goes for a TIGER XC.

You can be Han Solo, and I can be another Han Solo...
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #24837
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
My vote goes for a TIGER XC.
Does anyone know if BMW increased the fuel capacity on the F800GS Adventure? I have the 800XC and love it, but some are turned away by the mpg and the capacity. Also, if BMW put an lower first gear in the 800 ADV it will be another huge improvement.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #24838
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
Does anyone know if BMW increased the fuel capacity on the F800GS Adventure? I have the 800XC and love it, but some are turned away by the mpg and the capacity. Also, if BMW put an lower first gear in the 800 ADV it will be another huge improvement.
Where the standard F800GS carries 4.2 gallons, the Adventure hauls a more distance-worthy 6.3. BMW says range increases by 100 miles.
fully fueled it weighs 505# yikes.

So Brenda, what are you leaning towards? You must have something in mind.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #24839
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Where the standard F800GS carries 4.2 gallons, the Adventure hauls a more distance-worthy 6.3. BMW says range increases by 100 miles.
fully fueled it weighs 505# yikes.
Sounds like a vstrom 650 after you add protection. I swear manufacturers are building bikes to that weight on purpose. I think they build the basic bike and then add on until it is just over 500#.

Also, anyone riding Sunday? I'm ignoring the weather forecast because after the week I've had at work I need to escape. I'll need tomorrow just to sleep and take trash to dump so that my garage cleaning project will be (mostly) done.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #24840
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 1,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
"The overall capacity has been increased to 6.3 gallons, which can get you over 300 miles on a fill-up."

Reviews:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/857/16...irst-Ride.aspx

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/07/03...review-photos/

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...e/viewall.html

The new 800GSA is a sweet bike but I don't know if it's worth $6000 more than your Tiger. What about RotoPax jugs? A 1.75L jug is only $60.
http://rotopax.com/

Brenda, if you are going to do pavement and smooth gravel, I vote for a Wee Strom "Adventure" model. If you must have a BMW, the F700GS is nice but is over $11,500 fully loaded, ouch!