ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #25111
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 403
This would be a weekend I could could make. I'm tempted to haul my smaller bike up in the back of my dumpster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
If the next weekend, the 26th-27th, works for everyone, I'll see if I can be free. Got to warn you though, WV gets pretty chilly at night in late October. I'm talking in the high teens to low 20's at night. But if you remember, we did the Black Ice Ride last year, so I'm pretty sure I'm game.

So once again, everyone chime in for which is better, the 19th or the 26th? Guess we'd need someone who has the roll charts or tracks for the S500 too. I don't have those.

jeff
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #25112
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
Eddy: I dropped the front sprocket down a tooth to 15.
Yeah, several people have said it's the cat's meow when going slow off-road on the 800 GS. I have been trying to find one. I called Matt at Street Rockets to try and order one as Touratech is temporarily sold out but he had trouble too. I want one ASAP as Guy has my bike for new TKC's and ROX risers. Where did you find one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
This would be a weekend I could could make. I'm tempted to haul my smaller bike up in the back of my dumpster.
I could make that weekend too! Would also probably drag the DRZ400 up in the bed on my truck too! I can't wait to get my DRZ back and try it out with the new "big boy" springs and shock. It should ride much better when the rear tire doesn't rub the inside of the fender after each jump!

Charles, I should have called a pro like you! Yesterday, I spent several hours with my power washer making my dirt and mildew covered deck look pretty again. Power washing is great fun...for about two hours! It's amazing what high pressure water can do.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #25113
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Yeah, several people have said it's the cat's meow when going slow off-road on the 800 GS. I have been trying to find one. I called Matt at Street Rockets to try and order one as Touratech is temporarily sold out but he had trouble too. I want one ASAP as Guy has my bike for new TKC's and ROX risers. Where did you find one?

I could make that weekend too! Would also probably drag the DRZ400 up in the bed on my truck too! I can't wait to get my DRZ back and try it out with the new "big boy" springs and shock. It should ride much better when the rear tire doesn't rub the inside of the fender after each jump!

Charles, I should have called a pro like you! Yesterday, I spent several hours with my power washer making my dirt and mildew covered deck look pretty again. Power washing is great fun...for about two hours! It's amazing what high pressure water can do.
http://f800depot.com/twalcom-steel-c...800-650gs.html

I've had a couple of issues with 800 Depot but overall a good experience. He's got stuff no one else does.
RE Powerwashing: Good chemicals properly used beats pressure. If anyone out there wants the best advice for DIY powerwashing, call Pressure Works in Richmond. They won't steer you wrong and the chemicals they sell can't be beat.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #25114
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,916
Apologies? Not needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
Jeff, I apologize for misunderstanding you and therefore looking into shifting the weekend. For some reason I thought you were available later, but just not before. Again, I am sorry.
No worries mate. I don't think I have a conflict, but just need to check with SWMBO first. She is the keeper of the calendar. Once I verify it, then I can commit, but it does look pretty good for either weekend right now.

There just is NEVER going to be a weekend where everyone can make it. So we can do it twice a year if necessary.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #25115
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
Roger, keep on these blokes down I Va, this kz gonna be a landmark rally.... I'm gonna spend the better part kf this comkng year trying to find my old 86, just so I can take it down there.... if I can't find it, my silverdammit C14 will just have to do.....
Vacation already verified... see ya there
Will do.

Room is booked.

BOOK THOSE ROMMS!
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #25116
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 564
So I booked my room for the GS Trophy Challenge. Any of you guys heading down for it and want to split a room let me know. My only stipulation is a non-snorer!!! So Eddy & Charles are not staying with me. Sorry guys but I have slept on the other side of campsites & heard you guys sawing logs. Hell we heard Eddy one night over the music & chatter at the camp fire.

PM me if your interested...I have it reserved for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday nights.
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #25117
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123 View Post
Will do.

Room is booked.

BOOK THOSE ROMMS!
As is mine. Figured I'd better get ahead of the game since I know rooms for Nationals tend to fill up pretty quickly.

Also set for the Fall Foliage Rally up in Lake George later this month. I do love that place.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #25118
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 893
This is going to be fun. :-)

The good news is Jersey Mark has a new bike. A like new Yamaha 1200cc Super Tenere with less than 6k miles on it. The bad news is his 650 wee-Strom is now up for sale. Anyone looking for a low milage, only ridden on Sundays, never off road, never been dropped Wee Strom? :-).

Here is the new addition and proud owner......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #25119
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
This is going to be fun. :-)

The good news is Jersey Mark has a new bike. A like new Yamaha 1200cc Super Tenere with less than 6k miles on it. The bad news is his 650 wee-Strom is now up for sale. Anyone looking for a low milage, only ridden on Sundays, never off road, never been dropped Wee Strom? :-).

Here is the new addition and proud owner......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Awesome bike Jersey!!!
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #25120
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzacker View Post
Hell we heard Eddy one night over the music & chatter at the camp fire.
I have no defense...this man speaks the truth. Heck, I have woken myself up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
Jersey Mark has a new bike.
Awesome Mark! Now you need a 300 pound DS bike too! LOL!

I see a big Visa bill coming Mark! You need engine/tank guards, panniers, lights, TKC's, a Black Dog skidplate, a new shift lever and SO much more! The Flea Market is your friend for used farkles!

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 09-03-2013 at 10:02 AM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #25121
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,038
Sneak peak of the 2014 BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier course in Greer, SC. This is going to be a hoot!

3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #25122
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPlate View Post
Sneak peak of the 2014 BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier course in Greer, SC. This is going to be a hoot!

Oh boy. I can see a replica of that in your backyard soon. The big question on the steps is, are you going up them, or down them? Big difference. I prefer doing down them......

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #25123
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,975
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
As is mine. Figured I'd better get ahead of the game since I know rooms for Nationals tend to fill up pretty quickly.

it would be a record if they sold out in 5 days of the announcement....
that said, got mine, and also signed "boss' consent" for vacation in hand... damn, I haven't been this anxious since....... the last rally I booked a full year in advance..... Fontana.

I ain't missing this one over a job.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #25124
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Oh boy. I can see a replica of that in your backyard soon. The big question on the steps is, are you going up them, or down them? Big difference. I prefer doing down them......

jeff
Up the gravel, and over the tire, than some sort of evil right handed 180, up the sand pile and down the steps. At least I hope that's right, BTW there was nothing this hard last year.

And I can hear my wife now... "sweet heart, why is your motorcycle on the front porch, and what are those black marks on the steps...."
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #25125
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

BMW Performance Center gift card

Andrew, that picture has got me wondering what evil they are trying to come up with...Going down the steps would be way too easy, I'll bet you $1 we are going up them and then into the gravel and sand! It should be fun!
I had Guy install some new TKC's this week along with some ROX risers. The 15T front sprocket is on the way from TT. I will be ready to play!

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 09-07-2013 at 05:59 AM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote