ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #25156
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwn306 View Post
Would that be the aftermarket bolt on sh*t on Sue's BMW?
Nope. Just a general snide remark.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #25157
klim86
veteran

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818 View Post
When I get my bike back together I'd love to go for a ride.
Yeah let me know when your bike gets back up. Im down for a ride pretty much whenever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Hey Klim, I'll ride. Do you have a plan in mind? Won't have time to make it to the mountains this weekend, but if you're staying local I'll meet up with y'all.
Im planning on staying local, my buddy is available sunday afternoon for a ride, but Im free whenever. I only know one area to ride in around the tri-cities area. Let me know what works best for you.

Klim
Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back. ― Heraclitus

'04 V-strom 1000, '06 XR650L(sold)
klim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #25158
Hack
Meet George Jetson

Oddometer: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818 View Post
When I get my bike back together I'd love to go for a ride.
Hey Chris. So I guess the bike was not considered totaled? Hard to believe
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #25159
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by klim86 View Post
Im planning on staying local, my buddy is available sunday afternoon for a ride, but Im free whenever. I only know one area to ride in around the tri-cities area. Let me know what works best for you.

Klim
Get out early is safest bet - before my wife has me tied up doing her bidding. Either day works for me.

Up for a road loop to lunch and/or I know a few close off-roady spots.. I'm in Chester just a little north of col Hgts so tri-cities good for me.

Also this Sunday morning is a "bikes in the bottom" gathering at Poes Pub on Main st in richmond. (second sunday every month) that's pretty cool to visit if you've never been. Lots of bikes and not a pirate fest.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #25160
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
Honestly, I only snore when I drink! You can ask my wife!
Seriously, if someone wants to share a room for the GS Trophy, PM me soon. Those photos make me drool, smile, and wince all at once.

EDIT: Booked a room at the Holiday Inn. PM if you want in.
Offer is off the table. Got a roomie.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #25161
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,812
The votes so far are leaning to 25-27 Oct

It appears the latter weekend is the one. I'll keep this up for another day or so to see if we get any more votes. I am trying to keep the local and small, so I'm NOT posting to the general ADV public. If we keep this to under 20 people it will be much more relaxing, and easier to ride with smaller groups.

jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Okay, I'v got people asking me to set the date. Before we throw it out there one last time, I'll offer a synopsis of the plan.

Some can't make the S500, or can't afford it. Or like me, are too cheap to pay for it since I live in that area most of the time. So I proposed a Richmond ADV riders weekend in Pendleton County at my family's place, where all can camp Friday, and then recreate the S500 over the weekend with riders who have the roll charts/digital tracks. Ride about 160 miles Saturday, camp Sat night at my place, ride 160 miles Sunday, then head home.

I have lots of land, spring water, indoor toilets, two grills, a big honking fire pit and lots of wood. If everyone pitches in with donations for food, I could have some type of breakfast each morning, coffee, eggs, etc. And then have the kitchen open for dinner. The grills would be available for all to burn meat.

Trust me, the night sky there is un-freaking believable. It is the perfect dark sky location. Some have volunteered to lead the rides on each day, so we can break down into small groups to ride.

This should all be big bike friendly, and most could do it on Tourance tires. Don't believe there is any single track, but there are numerous water crossings. If it does rain, I would at least put a big knobby on the front. I'll probably ride my elephant of the R1150GS.

So please PM me with your choice for which weekend it should be. The choices are 18-20 Oct, or 25-27 October. This is a free "camping" weekend, but since my wife is starting a rustic B&B at the farm, she actually said I could rent out some of the rooms inside. We also have a nice camping cabin on the Farm that has three beds in it, spring water, and solar lights. (The outhouse is out the back.) That is available too. You can PM me for details.

So PM me now with your choice for the weekend date. I'd almost prefer the 25-27 Oct date, but it can get really cold that late in the year. Our place is at 2600 feet elevation. It should be down in the 20's at night by then.

Let's hear the votes!

18-20 Oct
Rimbenty?
Jeff Munn
draley

25-27 Oct
Rimbenty and son?
Jeff Munn
Dirtmonkey8
Eddy Alvarez
pplassm
Dr Whipit
Halfplate (tentatively)
ddlewis (tentatively)
dirtdoctor
burtonrider3889
Moonbeamer

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom

Jeff Munn screwed with this post 09-06-2013 at 07:44 AM
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #25162
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
It appears the latter weekend is the one. I'll keep this up for another day or so to see if we get any more votes. I am trying to keep the local and small, so I'm NOT posting to the general ADV public. If we keep this to under 20 people it will be much more relaxing, and easier to ride with smaller groups.

jeff
This should be great. October is my favorite month to ride, and this will be the frosting (20 deg) on the seat!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #25163
Jeff Munn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
This should be great. October is my favorite month to ride, and this will be the frosting (20 deg) on the seat!
Great? With the number of Go-Pros in this group it should be EPIC. Camping, riding, drinking, howling at the moon. Epic it will be.

jeff

Old 09-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #25164
RimBenty
Bender of Rims

Oddometer: 217
Quote:

This should all be big bike friendly, and most could do it on Tourance tires. Don't believe there is any single track, but there are numerous water crossings. If it does rain, I would at least put a big knobby on the front. I'll probably ride my elephant of the R1150GS.
Jeff the ride does has "C" "B" and "A" options for the smallers bikes. "A" being the hardest. I have seen big bikes on the "B" option but those guys have more talent (or balls) than I do.
RimBenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #25165
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 601
Well it looks like right now the last weekend in October will be open for me, so I am planning on being there. Sounds like a great time. Is anybody riding their bikes out?

Where exactly is the farm Jeff?
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #25166
MoonBeamer
The Mountains are calling

Oddometer: 89
I am most likely free the last weekend as well.
2010 R1200GS Ready for Adventure
MoonBeamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #25167
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
I'm in bargaining with management (Wifey) for weekend riding / camping the 25th - 27th...
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:15 AM   #25168
klim86
veteran

Oddometer: 133
looks like tomorrow morning will work best for me. When and where are you thinking about meeting up?

I might be able to swing sunday morning for the "bikes in the bottom", depending on how much work I get done sat afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Get out early is safest bet - before my wife has me tied up doing her bidding. Either day works for me.

Up for a road loop to lunch and/or I know a few close off-roady spots.. I'm in Chester just a little north of col Hgts so tri-cities good for me.

Also this Sunday morning is a "bikes in the bottom" gathering at Poes Pub on Main st in richmond. (second sunday every month) that's pretty cool to visit if you've never been. Lots of bikes and not a pirate fest.
Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back. ― Heraclitus

'04 V-strom 1000, '06 XR650L(sold)
klim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #25169
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 652
The Castrol Rocket

http://www.castrolrocket.com/

"...with two turbocharged Triumph Rocket III engines producing a combined 1,000+ HP."

And my family thinks I am a speed freak with a death wish...
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #25170
Jeff Munn

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Well it looks like right now the last weekend in October will be open for me, so I am planning on being there. Sounds like a great time. Is anybody riding their bikes out?

Where exactly is the farm Jeff?
The Farm is in Pendleton County, about 186 miles from our home in Petersburg. It is about 10 miles SE of Franklin (where Hwy 220 and Hwy 33 intersect). There are any number of good ways to get there. Come over 33 from Harrisonburg and come south. Come out 250 from Staunton and come north. Or come over Reddish Knob to Sugar Grove. I'll post better directions as we get closer.

jeff