ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #25186
klim86
veteran

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Had fun this morning riding some trails with Klim86 - until I dropped the bike on some rocks . Shifter puched a holehole in stator cover the size of a pencil. Most of my oil was in puddle on the ground by the time I picked it up.

Thanks to Klim for helping me push it up hill to the road so I could haul it home.

And that's why we never made it over to HalfPlates challege course..

New cover should be here wed/thursday. (Not trying to rub it in Whitfield, just saying. )
It def was an awesome ride today, big time bummer about the side cover. Fortunately parts for Jap bikes are easier to find and more affordable to order (sorry whitfield). Let me know if you want a hand putting the new cover on.

BTW for all you unknowing riders out there, ddlewis can shred. I was a true pleasure getting to ride with a local first off and someone who pushed my abilities secondly. I look forward to getting to ride with him again once the bike is up and running again.
Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ― Heraclitus

'04 V-strom 1000, '06 XR650L(sold)
klim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #25187
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Hate that I missed the local adventure. Rocks? Not too many places local to find those . . . . . Curious where yall were? Sorry about the hole in the side cover. UPS says my new cover will be here Wednesday too - crossing my fingers that the correct parts are inside.

We are down in Gloucester point this weekend visiting family. Took a boat ride from the Coleman bridge to New Point Light beach.
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #25188
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitfield View Post
Hate that I missed the local adventure. Rocks? Not too many places local to find those . . . . . Curious where yall were? Sorry about the hole in the side cover. UPS says my new cover will be here Wednesday too - crossing my fingers that the correct parts are inside...
Yeah me too, for both of us. Wed after this I'm planning to ride it down to SE Tenn for annual camp with old buddies. It's like my personal Christmas, I'll be seriously bummed if the cover's not in..

Gravel access road with a huge 2-3 foot deep washout. Vertical walls and loose football size chunks of rip rap in the bottom. Didn't want to jump the bike down into that mess . So I tried "finessing" it sideways off the ledge and fell in anyway, right on the rocks.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #25189
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,043
A big thanks to Andrew for having us over on Saturday! Even that little bit of goofing off in the woods and on those obstacles helped me knock some rust from my "big bike offroad" riding skills. I am going to take the GS to the Charles City track this weekend. I was out there yesterday on the DRZ and found A LOT of sand (some deep!) and some single track with small log crossings. I can wait to see the faces of the guys on the 250 pound two stokes as I unload a 70 pound KTM and then my 500 pound fraulein from my truck!

Steve, is there anything worth posting from all of your GoPro footage this weekend?

Guy, did you make is home safely after riding 550 miles on Saturday for a piece of pie!? LOL!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #25190
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
A big thanks to Andrew for having us over on Saturday! Even that little bit of goofing off in the woods and on those obstacles helped me knock some rust from my "big bike offroad" riding skills. I am going to take the GS to the Charles City track this weekend. I was out there yesterday on the DRZ and found A LOT of sand (some deep!) and some single track with small log crossings. I can wait to see the faces of the guys on the 250 pound two stokes as I unload a 70 pound KTM and then my 500 pound fraulein from my truck!

Steve, is there anything worth posting from all of your GoPro footage this weekend?

Guy, did you make is home safely after riding 550 miles on Saturday for a piece of pie!? LOL!
Got back about 7:30 Sat. night. Appreciate your asking.

On another note, that "special" wrench I bought won't work, so looks like we're gonna have to leave the Rox assembly as it is. I'll be returning the wrench for a refund. Too much $$ just to have it sit around.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #25191
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
If you don't have your bike up and running, you can borrow mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Yeah me too, for both of us. Wed after this I'm planning to ride it down to SE Tenn for annual camp with old buddies. It's like my personal Christmas, I'll be seriously bummed if the cover's not in..

Gravel access road with a huge 2-3 foot deep washout. Vertical walls and loose football size chunks of rip rap in the bottom. Didn't want to jump the bike down into that mess . So I tried "finessing" it sideways off the ledge and fell in anyway, right on the rocks.
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #25192
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljocky View Post
But if you have to return it in it's original condition you will be cleaning it for a month!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #25193
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
But if you have to return it in it's original condition you will be cleaning it for a month!!!
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #25194
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,688
Quote:
He can take the Wee...........,....to Dunkle Hollow.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #25195
SnoreMachine
ɹǝdɯɐɔ ʞɔoɯɯɐɥ

Oddometer: 75
Does anyone now a place near Richmond or Fredericksburg that I can buy a 1500 pelican case?

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #25196
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
The new wee? sweet, I just might take you up on that!

Thanks man that is very generous - even for the DR. But before I borrowed I'd just patch it up with jbweld. you rock though.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #25197
Defaultgateway
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Big fun on Big Bikes- New Kent

Practice makes perfect.... enjoy

Link: https://vimeo.com/74174233
Defaultgateway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:29 AM   #25198
rctr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 433
Beam in Richmond va has pelican cases
Old 09-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #25199
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defaultgateway View Post
Practice makes perfect.... enjoy

Link: https://vimeo.com/74174233
Eddy, with that suit and all the flashing lights, you are getting dangerously close to impersonating an emergency vehicle.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #25200
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,933
Twitter just told me Aerostich will be in DC Sept 26 to 30.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote