ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #25186
klim86
veteran
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: junction city, ks
Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Had fun this morning riding some trails with Klim86 - until I dropped the bike on some rocks . Shifter puched a holehole in stator cover the size of a pencil. Most of my oil was in puddle on the ground by the time I picked it up.

Thanks to Klim for helping me push it up hill to the road so I could haul it home.

And that's why we never made it over to HalfPlates challege course..

New cover should be here wed/thursday. (Not trying to rub it in Whitfield, just saying. )
It def was an awesome ride today, big time bummer about the side cover. Fortunately parts for Jap bikes are easier to find and more affordable to order (sorry whitfield). Let me know if you want a hand putting the new cover on.

BTW for all you unknowing riders out there, ddlewis can shred. I was a true pleasure getting to ride with a local first off and someone who pushed my abilities secondly. I look forward to getting to ride with him again once the bike is up and running again.
__________________
Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ― Heraclitus

'04 V-strom 1000, '06 XR650L(sold)
klim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #25187
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Whitfield's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Southern Chesterfield Co
Oddometer: 181
Hate that I missed the local adventure. Rocks? Not too many places local to find those . . . . . Curious where yall were? Sorry about the hole in the side cover. UPS says my new cover will be here Wednesday too - crossing my fingers that the correct parts are inside.

We are down in Gloucester point this weekend visiting family. Took a boat ride from the Coleman bridge to New Point Light beach.
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #25188
ddlewis
squirrel
 
ddlewis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: South/central Va
Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitfield View Post
Hate that I missed the local adventure. Rocks? Not too many places local to find those . . . . . Curious where yall were? Sorry about the hole in the side cover. UPS says my new cover will be here Wednesday too - crossing my fingers that the correct parts are inside...
Yeah me too, for both of us. Wed after this I'm planning to ride it down to SE Tenn for annual camp with old buddies. It's like my personal Christmas, I'll be seriously bummed if the cover's not in..

Gravel access road with a huge 2-3 foot deep washout. Vertical walls and loose football size chunks of rip rap in the bottom. Didn't want to jump the bike down into that mess . So I tried "finessing" it sideways off the ledge and fell in anyway, right on the rocks.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #25189
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!
 
Eddy Alvarez's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Chester,VA. Growing on me or getting used to it?
Oddometer: 2,043
A big thanks to Andrew for having us over on Saturday! Even that little bit of goofing off in the woods and on those obstacles helped me knock some rust from my "big bike offroad" riding skills. I am going to take the GS to the Charles City track this weekend. I was out there yesterday on the DRZ and found A LOT of sand (some deep!) and some single track with small log crossings. I can wait to see the faces of the guys on the 250 pound two stokes as I unload a 70 pound KTM and then my 500 pound fraulein from my truck!

Steve, is there anything worth posting from all of your GoPro footage this weekend?

Guy, did you make is home safely after riding 550 miles on Saturday for a piece of pie!? LOL!
__________________
Me: BMW F800GS, BMW F650ST, KTM 525EXC.....Gabriel: KTM 50...Elena: Honda CRF70
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #25190
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
A big thanks to Andrew for having us over on Saturday! Even that little bit of goofing off in the woods and on those obstacles helped me knock some rust from my "big bike offroad" riding skills. I am going to take the GS to the Charles City track this weekend. I was out there yesterday on the DRZ and found A LOT of sand (some deep!) and some single track with small log crossings. I can wait to see the faces of the guys on the 250 pound two stokes as I unload a 70 pound KTM and then my 500 pound fraulein from my truck!

Steve, is there anything worth posting from all of your GoPro footage this weekend?

Guy, did you make is home safely after riding 550 miles on Saturday for a piece of pie!? LOL!
Got back about 7:30 Sat. night. Appreciate your asking.

On another note, that "special" wrench I bought won't work, so looks like we're gonna have to leave the Rox assembly as it is. I'll be returning the wrench for a refund. Too much $$ just to have it sit around.

.
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #25191
dljocky
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Yorktown, Va
Oddometer: 823
If you don't have your bike up and running, you can borrow mine.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Yeah me too, for both of us. Wed after this I'm planning to ride it down to SE Tenn for annual camp with old buddies. It's like my personal Christmas, I'll be seriously bummed if the cover's not in..

Gravel access road with a huge 2-3 foot deep washout. Vertical walls and loose football size chunks of rip rap in the bottom. Didn't want to jump the bike down into that mess . So I tried "finessing" it sideways off the ledge and fell in anyway, right on the rocks.
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #25192
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders
 
Dirtmonkey8's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljocky View Post
If you don't have your bike up and running, you can borrow mine.
But if you have to return it in it's original condition you will be cleaning it for a month!!!
__________________
A little dirt don't hurt.
Dirtmonkey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #25193
dljocky
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Yorktown, Va
Oddometer: 823





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
But if you have to return it in it's original condition you will be cleaning it for a month!!!
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #25194
biker128pedal
Super Lurker
 
biker128pedal's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Eastern, VA
Oddometer: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljocky View Post
If you don't have your bike up and running, you can borrow mine.
He can take the Wee...........,....to Dunkle Hollow.
__________________


Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #25195
SnoreMachine
ɹǝdɯɐɔ ʞɔoɯɯɐɥ
 
SnoreMachine's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Richmond VA
Oddometer: 75
Does anyone now a place near Richmond or Fredericksburg that I can buy a 1500 pelican case?

Thanks.
__________________
“Things just happen in the right way, at the right time. At least when you let them” ― Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh
SnoreMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #25196
ddlewis
squirrel
 
ddlewis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: South/central Va
Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljocky View Post
If you don't have your bike up and running, you can borrow mine.
The new wee? sweet, I just might take you up on that!

Thanks man that is very generous - even for the DR. But before I borrowed I'd just patch it up with jbweld. you rock though.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #25197
Defaultgateway
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Shortpump, Va.
Oddometer: 85
Big fun on Big Bikes- New Kent

Practice makes perfect.... enjoy


Link: https://vimeo.com/74174233
Defaultgateway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:29 AM   #25198
rctr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: richmond va
Oddometer: 433
Beam in Richmond va has pelican cases
__________________
09 klr 650 (nikita)
rctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #25199
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester
 
jgiacobbe's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Near Richmond VA
Oddometer: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defaultgateway View Post
Practice makes perfect.... enjoy


Link: https://vimeo.com/74174233
Eddy, with that suit and all the flashing lights, you are getting dangerously close to impersonating an emergency vehicle.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #25200
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester
 
jgiacobbe's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Near Richmond VA
Oddometer: 1,933
Twitter just told me Aerostich will be in DC Sept 26 to 30.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014