ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #25681
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!
 
Eddy Alvarez's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Chester,VA. Growing on me or getting used to it?
Oddometer: 2,046
Shameless spam being offered to my Richmond peeps before going onto Craigslist or Fleamarket (at a slighty higher price)

2004 Suzuki DRZ400S, Blue and white, 15,300 miles, breezed through it's state inspection just last Friday, runs GREAT, clear title.
Electric start!
Huge Clark fuel tank (Stock Suzuki tank included)
3x3 airbox modification done
Corbin saddle
Metal radiator guards (forgot brand name)
ThumperTalk case savers
Cycra handguards and brushguards
Shop manual
Lowered 2" with dogbones (stock links included)
BRAND new progressive front fork springs and progressive rear shock spring just installed last week for a 220-230 pound (Or a much lighter rider that wants to load her up like a pack mule for the TAT! This upgrade cost $750, I have all reciepts)
Ready for daily commuting, "The Poor Man's S500" this month or the TAT next summer!
A lot of SOLAS tape for night time safety!
Needs NOTHING but a rider.
I'm sure I've forgotten something...I'll look around the garage tonight as I know that there are some spares lying around. I'll also snap some pictures soon (I think most of you know my bike...LOL!)

$2700
__________________
Me: BMW F800GS, BMW F650ST, KTM 525EXC.....Gabriel: KTM 50...Elena: Honda CRF70

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 10-08-2013 at 10:38 AM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #25682
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders
 
Dirtmonkey8's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
That trail looked knarly Whitfield! I really need to get a skid plate and handlebar guards still.
Agreed and the clock is ticking. Do you have Fat Bars or 7/8 bars? If 7/8 I may be willing to sell you some Cycra center reach hand guards. I am changing to Fat Bars on the 350 and either need to by new mounting hardware or a whole new set. The hardware alone costs too much, in my opinion. I think your bike came with nice Fat Bars though...
__________________
A little dirt don't hurt.
Dirtmonkey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #25683
btblueskies
BTBlueSkies
 
btblueskies's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Richmond
Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by RimBenty View Post

I'll have route charts and GPS tracks for the ride.
The GPS tracks will load into either a 60csx or a Montana. The 60csx has track limitations so I have different files for each unit. If you have a different GPS one of them should work but no guarantees.
this little tool is great for converting GPS tracks for different hardware/programs.
http://www.gpsbabel.org/
__________________

Smiles,
Karl
btblueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #25684
littlelionmonster
Rerutnevda ylranG
 
littlelionmonster's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Shenandoah Valley VA
Oddometer: 763
Dammit, timing is just a little off for me. Glws!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Shameless spam being offered to my Richmond peeps before going onto Craigslist or Fleamarket (at a slighty higher price)

2004 Suzuki DRZ400S, Blue and white, 15,300 miles, breezed through it's state inspection just last Friday, runs GREAT, clear title.
Electric start!
Huge Clark fuel tank (Stock Suzuki tank included)
3x3 airbox modification done
Corbin saddle
Metal radiator guards (forgot brand name)
ThumperTalk case savers
Cycra handguards and brushguards
Shop manual
Lowered 2" with dogbones (stock links included)
BRAND new progressive front fork springs and progressive rear shock spring just installed last week for a 220-230 pound (Or a much lighter rider that wants to load her up like a pack mule for the TAT! This upgrade cost $750, I have all reciepts)
Ready for daily commuting, "The Poor Man's S500" this month or the TAT next summer!
A lot of SOLAS tape for night time safety!
Needs NOTHING but a rider.
I'm sure I've forgotten something...I'll look around the garage tonight as I know that there are some spares lying around. I'll also snap some pictures soon (I think most of you know my bike...LOL!)

$2700
__________________
There is no kill switch on Awesome-Dilbert

Buy my Jetta TDI
Buy my jacket
littlelionmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #25685
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
Agreed and the clock is ticking. Do you have Fat Bars or 7/8 bars? If 7/8 I may be willing to sell you some Cycra center reach hand guards. I am changing to Fat Bars on the 350 and either need to by new mounting hardware or a whole new set. The hardware alone costs too much, in my opinion. I think your bike came with nice Fat Bars though...
I think mine are 7/8's. At least I'm pretty sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Shameless spam being offered to my Richmond peeps before going onto Craigslist or Fleamarket (at a slighty higher price)

2004 Suzuki DRZ400S, Blue and white, 15,300 miles, breezed through it's state inspection just last Friday, runs GREAT, clear title.
Electric start!
Huge Clark fuel tank (Stock Suzuki tank included)
3x3 airbox modification done
Corbin saddle
Metal radiator guards (forgot brand name)
ThumperTalk case savers
Cycra handguards and brushguards
Shop manual
Lowered 2" with dogbones (stock links included)
BRAND new progressive front fork springs and progressive rear shock spring just installed last week for a 220-230 pound (Or a much lighter rider that wants to load her up like a pack mule for the TAT! This upgrade cost $750, I have all reciepts)
Ready for daily commuting, "The Poor Man's S500" this month or the TAT next summer!
A lot of SOLAS tape for night time safety!
Needs NOTHING but a rider.
I'm sure I've forgotten something...I'll look around the garage tonight as I know that there are some spares lying around. I'll also snap some pictures soon (I think most of you know my bike...LOL!)

$2700
Can you post a picture. I'll send it to two friends of mine that have talked about getting a dual sport.
__________________
2012 WR250R
2007 SV650 (SOLD)
1984 XL350R (SOLD)
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #25686
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester
 
jgiacobbe's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Near Richmond VA
Oddometer: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
I think mine are 7/8's. At least I'm pretty sure.



Can you post a picture. I'll send it to two friends of mine that have talked about getting a dual sport.
Pretty sure stockers are 7/8 on the WR and most people replace them with AL fatbars because they bend the steel stockers.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #25687
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!
 
Eddy Alvarez's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Chester,VA. Growing on me or getting used to it?
Oddometer: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Can you post a picture. I'll send it to two friends of mine that have talked about getting a dual sport.
Ask and you shall received!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=925802
__________________
Me: BMW F800GS, BMW F650ST, KTM 525EXC.....Gabriel: KTM 50...Elena: Honda CRF70
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #25688
ddlewis
squirrel
 
ddlewis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: South/central Va
Oddometer: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
LOL! I've never seen an FS ad starting with text/picture featuring the replacement bike.. You really are a proud papa!

Hate to tell you, you're really only sitting on 510cc of orange fury if I remember correctly..
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #25689
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester
 
jgiacobbe's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Near Richmond VA
Oddometer: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
LOL! I've never seen an FS ad starting with text/picture featuring the replacement bike.. You really are a proud papa!

Hate to tell you, you're really only sitting on 510cc of orange fury if I remember correctly..
The poor Zuk gets no loving.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #25690
AB13
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Lexington va
Oddometer: 717
mm400

Eddy you need to bring that KTM down to the MM400 the 26-27 this month along with some of your friends. Good seeing you at the SH500 sorry we didn't get to ride together. AB
__________________
Just joined for the sticker.
AB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #25691
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders
 
Dirtmonkey8's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB13 View Post
Eddy you need to bring that KTM down to the MM400 the 26-27 this month along with some of your friends. Good seeing you at the SH500 sorry we didn't get to ride together. AB
What is the MM400? I am not available for it as I am doing the Poor Man's S500 that weekend, but was curious what was going on and if we might be crossing paths.
__________________
A little dirt don't hurt.
Dirtmonkey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #25692
HalfPlate
What? Where?
 
HalfPlate's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Eastern VA
Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
What is the MM400?
Mountain Man 400
__________________
-07 R1200GS
-07 Ruckus
5th BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2013
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #25693
higworld
Bring Me Meat!
 
higworld's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: HIGWORLD.com
Oddometer: 847
Free Tail Box ...

Got one of those JC Whitney-style tail cases I'm not using. (I'm too lazy to walk to the garage to take a pic, but here's a link to what I think it is --- http://images2.jcwstatics.com/is/image/Autos/GRP-20997g_is?$JCW_MAIN$). Came with the KLR. If anyone wants it, cry out and come and get it. Gratis.
__________________
Rick Higgins

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #25694
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kwn306's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Spotsylvania, VA
Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
Got one of those JC Whitney-style tail cases I'm not using. (I'm too lazy to walk to the garage to take a pic, but here's a link to what I think it is --- http://images2.jcwstatics.com/is/image/Autos/GRP-20997g_is?$JCW_MAIN$). Came with the KLR. If anyone wants it, cry out and come and get it. Gratis.
I'll take it if it hasn't been spoken for.
__________________
Kurt Nordstrom
Spotsylvania, VA
kwn306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #25695
higworld
Bring Me Meat!
 
higworld's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: HIGWORLD.com
Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwn306 View Post
I'll take it if it hasn't been spoken for.
Sold (you know what I mean) to the man in Spotsylvania! Next time you're in Richmond ...
__________________
Rick Higgins

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014