ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #25801
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
No problem. Still room.
Still trying to leave around noon? And I don't think I ever got an email back from my last response on the hand guards. Let me know when you want to get together!
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #25802
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Still trying to leave around noon? And I don't think I ever got an email back from my last response on the hand guards. Let me know when you want to get together!
I am going to leave work in Ashland at noon, drive home to Midlothian, load up, etc. I will try to get the other guy to meet me at my place to save some time and travel. What part of town are you in?

I did send an email. I think it was on Saturday. I suggested I get them to you quickly to give you time to get them on. Might need to make some spacers like I had to do. I will probably try to ride over to your place with them one night this week around 9PM if that is not too late.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #25803
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

I do have a small hiccup though. I asked my father about using his trailer yesterday and found out that it is in the mountains. I have to go and get it. I am going to see if the wife minds going up there for a night this weekend to make the trip more fun. Fall colors are probably coming in at higher elevations so it is not a bad time to get away for a night anyway. I could do that or try to find another trailer. Or maybe the three of us can cram ourselves and our bikes in with Eddy. We may fit in his vehicle, but four bikes on a trailer could be tricky. It would move a lot of money from the gas fund to the bacon and beer fund though.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #25804
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 917
Wheel update

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I got the tire removed from the spoke wheel today. I'm no wheel expert but it wobbles something terrible. Its the first time I have ever been sold anything off of ADV that was sub-standard. A message has been sent to the seller. Maybe I'll hear from him, maybe not. In the meantime its being boxed and readied for shipment to Woody's. They said around $250. Lesson learned.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #25805
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,069
Racetech goodies showed up yesterday. Fewer instructions than I expected were included. I need to sniff around on the Wee threads and stromtrooper to figure out what fork oil and other misc things I need to use. The website also seems to halfway indicate I need some adapters to fit the emulators to the dampening rods for a good seal. I may get motivated to start pulling things apart this week to see if they are needed.

Everybody have fun at Jeff's this weekend and be careful.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #25806
btblueskies
BTBlueSkies

Oddometer: 160
A new toy has been discovered.

Wahoo... a new toy project has begun. When I get this thing working I'll have to have some of you be my guinea pigs as subject matter for some video. Since I don't think I have ridden with many people here, you will not be aware of my awesome (le bad) riding skills and thus will have total faith that I can pilot this bad boy around your head while you are riding through the water crossing at Shoe Creek!!

Smiles,
Karl
btblueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #25807
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Racetech goodies showed up yesterday. Fewer instructions than I expected were included. I need to sniff around on the Wee threads and stromtrooper to figure out what fork oil and other misc things I need to use. The website also seems to halfway indicate I need some adapters to fit the emulators to the dampening rods for a good seal. I may get motivated to start pulling things apart this week to see if they are needed.

Everybody have fun at Jeff's this weekend and be careful.
I bought some Belray 10wt fork oil earlier this year and then found out they were cartridge forks requiring 5wt oil. If you end up needing 10wt let me know and I will sell the two quarts to you for half price. I also have some Yamaha stuff left in the garage from the FJR I sold. I have some final drive gear oil and some 20w-50 (I think) Yamalube full synthetic. That stuff I am giving away if anyone knows who can use it. I was thinking of reaching out to Mark, Jersey, and see if it will work with his S10.

Have fun tearing into your forks.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #25808
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,512
Quote:
...Mark, Jersey, and see if it will work with his S10...
Jersey Mark has an S10?! Since when and how did I miss that?

And how come we haven't gone out to tear it up yet?
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #25809
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Jersey Mark has an S10?! Since when and how did I miss that?

And how come we haven't gone out to tear it up yet?
Chuck posted up a pic of the proud papa and bike a few weeks back. I have not seen Jersey post in here in a while. You didn't see Chuck's post??? He said Jersey's V-Strom was for sale, never offroad, never down...
Old 10-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #25810
skychs
chuck smith

He already has a new skid plate, crash bars, Givi top and side case rack and an aftermarket seat for the beast. I actually got to ride it. Very impressed.

Mark is moving back to NJ in a month or so. We need to make sure we get that S10 broken in before he leaves. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #25811
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,512
Quote:
..He said Jersey's V-Strom was for sale, never offroad, never down...
Shirley you can't be serious! I've never seen a more down - or offroad weestrom..

ddlewis screwed with this post 10-16-2013 at 01:28 PM
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #25812
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by btblueskies View Post
Wahoo... a new toy project has begun.
If you like this kind of stuff, you should call Bob's Cycle Barn and find out when the next meeting of the R/C club is being held. There is an R/C airport on the property and guys show up with electric planes, tiny helos, HUGE scary helos that do WICKED stunts that seem to defy physics, contraptions like you pictured and a couple of guys even have jets that are about 6 feet long; They scream by at 200 mph then go vertical like a Saturn 5 rocket! Pretty cool stuff!

There's a really cool Icon video on YouTube featuring a couple of guys drifting Triumph Speed Triples and being chased by a "cop" in a super hyped up Mustang. They are followed by a flying thing just like the one you show. The video is funny and worth watching.

Chuck, bummer about the wheel...Sadly, as ADV grows, there will be more bad apples in the bunch.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #25813
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Prime example right here
Old 10-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #25814
skychs
chuck smith

Quote:
bastardbiker Prime example right here
Mike, your not a bad apple. Have fun in the wonderful North West. Love that area.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #25815
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
Mike, your not a bad apple. Have fun in the wonderful North West. Love that area.
+1. Stay positive and post positive.