ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #26266
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
Hey Madstrom......
I remember the days when you laughed at those temperatures. If you want to go I'll take the TKC's off and put the street tires back on. I'd love to spend a couple days with you exploring the twisties. Just like old days.
Chuck
I'm game ... but we would need to find a spot to camp where firewood is readily available. It gets dark and cold early this time of year. Makes for long nights with out a nice warm fire
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #26267
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Hey Madstrom......
I remember the days when you laughed at those temperatures. If you want to go I'll take the TKC's off and put the street tires back on. I'd love to spend a couple days with you exploring the twisties. Just like old days.
Chuck
He wasn't laughing, his teeth were chattering..

Too bad you can't wait til Sat.. 68F/54F.

Happy vets day to all the veterans.. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #26268
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 901
Overnight

Oh Crap ......
I'm in trouble now. I better start getting my cold weather gear together. It's been a while. The last time we did this my water bottle froze solid during the night. I will have my sterno fire sticks this time. Access to fire wood sounds good.

Anyone else? Dan? Todd?
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:52 AM   #26269
AB13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
campfire fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTROM View Post
I'm game ... but we would need to find a spot to camp where firewood is readily available. It gets dark and cold early this time of year. Makes for long nights with out a nice warm fire
If you let me know I might be able to bring you some firewood by if you are camping in my area. I also might be able to get a ride in but not on SAT. AB
Old 11-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #26270
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,364
JEFF that is an awesome bike! I'm still around... This packing is for the birds. I'm telling myself I won't ever move again! (well at least for 10 more years). I still have a few heavy items to lift and pick up the moving truck on the 14th. I hope to have it loaded by then. Hopefully the weather holds out and I can "relay" the two motors to the new house in good weather. Happy belated Veterans day to all of ya'll that served and are serving.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #26271
skychs
chuck smith

Overnight

OK......
The winter camping gear is all packed and ready to go. The Gerbing heated gear is all together and ready to go. The TKC rear tire has been replaced with a K60. All I need now is a departure time and destination.

I'm guessing Mark is still making his way back to Richmond. I have some winter gear he can use if we can still talk him in to going. This is going to be fun.

Madstrom ...... ???
Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #26272
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,924
Quote:
OK......
The winter camping gear is all packed and ready to go. The Gerbing heated gear is all together and ready to go. The TKC rear tire has been replaced with a K60. All I need now is a departure time and destination.

I'm guessing Mark is still making his way back to Richmond. I have some winter gear he can use if we can still talk him in to going. This is going to be fun.

Madstrom ...... ???
Chuck, you are certifiable. There once was a time I'd do this, and there might still be a time in the future, but not right now. You guys have fun.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #26273
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
gotta love little dual sports

Congrats Jeff on the little enduro...I can hear it already, " buzzing" along in the Moto Giro through the twisty mountain roads!! You'll probably win your classification.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #26274
AB13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
camping

When are you leaving and where are you going? I might be able to get out for some gravel roads. AB
Old 11-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #26275
skychs
chuck smith

Overnight

AB13 .....
Madstrom and I are leaving sometime in the AM. Not sure when. Mark is getting into town late tonight and he needs to pack and get ready. I haven't hear from Mickey yet in regards to where we are headed. I'm open to just about anywhere as long as it's off the main drag away from cars.

I will let you know when we figure it all out.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #26276
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
AB13 .....
Madstrom and I are leaving sometime in the AM. Not sure when. Mark is getting into town late tonight and he needs to pack and get ready. I haven't hear from Mickey yet in regards to where we are headed. I'm open to just about anywhere as long as it's off the main drag away from cars.

I will let you know when we figure it all out.
Looks like we will stay at Crabtree Falls Campground on Rte 56 just below the falls. Chuck and I checked them out a few months ago for juust such an emergency. I'm waiting for a call back now. They live on the premises. The idea is to drop our stuff off there in the morning and then go riding wherevever..

http://www.crabtreefallscampground.com/rates.htm#CAMPSITES
Old 11-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #26277
skychs
chuck smith

overnight

Quote:
Jeff Munn
Chuck, you are certifiable.
Jeff, your probably right. I guess all those years in Hohenfels and Grafenwoehr got me prepared for cold weather. Its never been an issue since.

Madstrom ..... Mark is coming in late. He knows about Crabtree Falls. When we can get him up and moving we will give you a call. Talk to you in the am.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #26278
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Jeff, your probably right. I guess all those years in Hohenfels and Grafenwoehr got me prepared for cold weather. Its never been an issue since.

Madstrom ..... Mark is coming in late. He knows about Crabtree Falls. When we can get him up and moving we will give you a call. Talk to you in the am.
OK .. I'm packed and ready to go.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #26279
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Jealous of not only you guys going riding while I'm working, but also that you are just riding when I'm not able. And that you're camping. I hope you have a blast.

Also, thought I'd share this with those that may not have seen it. This guy takes old photographs in history and puts color to them. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

http://zuzahin.tumblr.com/

http://twentytwowords.com/2013/11/06...l-36-pictures/
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #26280
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,936
Shameless plug. SPOT II for sale
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote