ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 01:13 AM   #26551
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Jeff, Glad yall were able to get your FIL the help he needs. I hope all is going well. let us know if you need anything.

**** On another note... Harley Dirt Tracker original ad Video
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #26552
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Just got my 2 tickets for Why We Ride, still need 54 people to sign up in 2 days.
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #26553
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
Just got my 2 tickets for Why We Ride, still need 54 people to sign up in 2 days.
Not looking good is it? That stinks. I never would have heard of it if I did not keep a close eye on this thread. Maybe some hardcore social networking will kick into gear and move the message.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #26554
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
Not looking good is it? That stinks. I never would have heard of it if I did not keep a close eye on this thread. Maybe some hardcore social networking will kick into gear and move the message.
Not really, but I did my part. I wonder how many people aren't buying them because they don't think that enough will be sold?
Old 12-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #26555
NickW1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
After all the family duty I took a couple of hours for myself and took a wee ride, on the way home I made a detour past Diascund Reservoir. The once beautiful lake now looks terrible, apparently the dam has problems and half the water has been drained to make repairs or so said a fellow in a pickup as I snapped this sad shot of what use to be an island in the middle of the lake.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #26556
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,688
Shannon Update

I stopped in and saw Shannon aka dljocky this afternoon. He is still improving and will find out tomorrow if he can go home the end of the week. He started practicing going up and down stairs this week. The institute is terrific but he wants out. He is bored and wants to get back to work. His speach seems back to normal. Had a good visit. He is grateful fir all the support. He may be back online this week. Oh someone was able to get half the rack off the deer.

Also posted in Hampton roads.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #26557
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,688
Quote:
I got 3 tickets. The third ticket is for my nephew if he can go. 32 more to go. I hope it is a cold rainy day so riding is not good. We have and hour and twenty minute ride. So no ice or snow.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #26558
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
I got 3 tickets. The third ticket is for my nephew if he can go. 32 more to go. I hope it is a cold rainy day so riding is not good. We have and hour and twenty minute ride. So no ice or snow.
Down to 20 now. Two hours ago it was over 50 and I was thinking it wasn't happening. Maybe there's some hope!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #26559
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,890
Quote:
Down to 20 now. Two hours ago it was over 50 and I was thinking it wasn't happening. Maybe there's some hope!
Okay, I'm back in town and will be here on the 8th. I'm going all in. Have posted to my extended family, and Facebook. I am confident that we'll cross the 100 ticket threshold.

To everyone out there, just sell one ticket to someone you know who rides and who isn't online, and we'll be over the top. Heck, buy one extra ticket and give it to a fellow rider as a Christmas gift tomorrow.

As of this moment, we are down to 16 tickets needed to be sold.

I hope this movie doesn't let us all down. From the trailer it has great potential!

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom

Jeff Munn screwed with this post 12-01-2013 at 09:20 PM
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:43 AM   #26560
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Only 8 more needed. 6 hours and 20 minutes remaining. I think we are in good shape now. I will try to look again in 6 hours to make sure we are over the hurdle. That was amazing. I did not expect that to turn around so fast.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #26561
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
I stopped in and saw Shannon aka dljocky this afternoon. He is still improving and will find out tomorrow if he can go home the end of the week. He started practicing going up and down stairs this week. The institute is terrific but he wants out. He is bored and wants to get back to work. His speach seems back to normal. Had a good visit. He is grateful fir all the support. He may be back online this week. Oh someone was able to get half the rack off the deer.

Also posted in Hampton roads.
Thanks for the updates. I want to visit him this week or next if I can get a day off. Please let me know if I can help you with anything.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #26562
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Okay, I'm back in town and will be here on the 8th. I'm going all in. Have posted to my extended family, and Facebook. I am confident that we'll cross the 100 ticket threshold.

To everyone out there, just sell one ticket to someone you know who rides and who isn't online, and we'll be over the top. Heck, buy one extra ticket and give it to a fellow rider as a Christmas gift tomorrow.

As of this moment, we are down to 16 tickets needed to be sold.

I hope this movie doesn't let us all down. From the trailer it has great potential!

jeff
Quote:
Only 8 more needed. 6 hours and 20 minutes remaining. I think we are in good shape now. I will try to look again in 6 hours to make sure we are over the hurdle. That was amazing. I did not expect that to turn around so fast.
2 needed with 5 hours left. I think I am going to be optimistic and call it as good as done at this point.

Will anyone be meeting before or after for food?

Edit: And we're good!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #26563
mattgoff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
2 needed with 5 hours left. I think I am going to be optimistic and call it as good as done at this point.

Will anyone be meeting before or after for food?

Edit: And we're good!
Last two tickets are sold! See you all there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattgoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #26564
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by chxbchsailor View Post
Last two tickets are sold! See you all there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent! Eddy, looks like I owe you $11.00.

Question tho'; since they've reached their 100 ticket goal, does anyone know if they'll be selling additional tickets at the box office on the day of the showing?

My daughter being in town that day is questionable, but if she is and wants to go, will she be able to get a ticket?

Old 12-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #26565
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Question tho'; since they've reached their 100 ticket goal, does anyone know if they'll be selling additional tickets at the box office on the day of the showing?

My daughter being in town that day is questionable, but if she is and wants to go, will she be able to get a ticket?

Guy, the webpage for tickets says that there are only 210 tickets total available. So there are around 100 tickets left for sale. I'm guessing you could wait until next weekend, and just keep track of how many are left by visiting the webpage for the movie.

BTW, someone pointed out that the DVD for this movie goes on sale on Amazon on 5 Dec. The DVD is $23.

So why is the "premier" on the 8th? I feel a little hoodwinked now, but it should be a fun gathering.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote