ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #26566
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,690
Me too. At least it is on DvD and no BluRay.

Did you see on Amazon there are two reviews.

Is it sold out ye?. Work blocvks the theaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Guy, the webpage for tickets says that there are only 210 tickets total available. So there are around 100 tickets left for sale. I'm guessing you could wait until next weekend, and just keep track of how many are left by visiting the webpage for the movie.

BTW, someone pointed out that the DVD for this movie goes on sale on Amazon on 5 Dec. The DVD is $23.

So why is the "premier" on the 8th? I feel a little hoodwinked now, but it should be a fun gathering.

jeff

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #26567
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,619
^^^Thanks for that tidbit...we're 32 away from a showing and only 4 hours left...
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #26568
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

So if it does not show I can use the money to buy a copy. WOnder when Blu-ray will come out. My luck it wold be the new HD.

Wee Strommin along.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #26569
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Hey I think I have extra tickets. I clicked the submit button twice. Maybe it will sell out and I can make some money.

Wee Strommin along.

biker128pedal screwed with this post 12-02-2013 at 09:02 AM
Old 12-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #26570
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
^^^Thanks for that tidbit...we're 32 away from a showing and only 4 hours left...
Ya'll may make it. I wouldn't have given it a snow ball's chance in hell of reaching the goal yesterday, but some Daddy Warbucks musta stepped up and bought a $hitload of tickets JIT.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #26571
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
BTW, someone pointed out that the DVD for this movie goes on sale on Amazon on 5 Dec. The DVD is $23.
We will be watching it on DVD at home. I rushed out to buy tickets for us and then later found out that my wife had volunteered me and my truck to pull the Girl Scout float in the Chester parade. I have sold all of my tickets to Guy and Doug. I would be willing to offer my place for a DVD showing at a later date.

Also, I have to be in Roanoke on Saturday, Dec 14th. I am contemplating leaving work early (or trying to take the whole day off) on Friday the 13th and riding west until dark then stopping to camp/cabin/hotel and then riding all morning/afternoon on Saturday. I need to be in Roanoke by 3:30 PM. Would anybody want to come along? I am taking the GS and am willing to do DS or street only. I will keep my eye on the weather. I am fine with clear/cold weather, I just don't want to ride if there is a chance of snow accumulation on the roads.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #26572
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 855
Movies .... Overnight .... lucky day.

Movies .... wish I could go with you guys. I miss not having to work weekends.

But........
I have four days off. The weather is looking great. Anyone interested in a ride this week, maybe even with an overnight? Just throwing it out there. I have a new hammock I need to try out.

Lucky day .... when I bought my new hammock from Jacks-R-Better they entered me into a raffle. Today they called and said I won $300. Early Christmas present I guess.

Ya'll have fun at the movies. If anyone is interested in an overnight let me know.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #26573
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
We will be watching it on DVD at home. I rushed out to buy tickets for us and then later found out that my wife had volunteered me and my truck to pull the Girl Scout float in the Chester parade...
yep, Chester Kiwanis Christmas parade is what knocked me out of the movie. Daughter and nephew are in it plus friends and neighbors.

Glad to hear it's on DVD anyway. movie night!
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #26574
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Guy, the webpage for tickets says that there are only 210 tickets total available. So there are around 100 tickets left for sale. I'm guessing you could wait until next weekend, and just keep track of how many are left by visiting the webpage for the movie.

So why is the "premier" on the 8th? I feel a little hoodwinked now, but it should be a fun gathering.

jeff
104 sold; 106 left as of a few minutes ago.

I don't feel hoodwinked, but this has got to be the craziest marketing scheme I've ever seen. Hell, I don't even own On Any Sunday, so doubt that I'll buy this one. Really hope it's all its cracked up to be...... like I need a movie to tell me why I ride.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #26575
btblueskies
BTBlueSkies

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post

I don't feel hoodwinked, but this has got to be the craziest marketing scheme I've ever seen. Hell, I don't even own On Any Sunday, so doubt that I'll buy this one. Really hope it's all its cracked up to be...... like I need a movie to tell me why I ride.

This reminds me of skydiving... shooting video of ourselves all day and then watching it at night.. lol. I'd love to see the movie in the theater but it's not a free sunday for me. I am glad it's going to be on DVD. Maybe even netflix :)

Smiles,
Karl
btblueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #26576
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
Movies .... wish I could go with you guys. I miss not having to work weekends.

But........
I have four days off. The weather is looking great. Anyone interested in a ride this week, maybe even with an overnight? Just throwing it out there. I have a new hammock I need to try out.

Lucky day .... when I bought my new hammock from Jacks-R-Better they entered me into a raffle. Today they called and said I won $300. Early Christmas present I guess.

Ya'll have fun at the movies. If anyone is interested in an overnight let me know.
I thought hammocks were not quite warm enough for winter camping and that it would take a ridiculous amount of insulation to keep you warm enough to stay asleep. If you have room you may want to bring a tent as a back up. I think Andrew said he has used the hammock into the 20's though.. I wish i could go with you or Eddy, but my riding is slim,, sporadic and spontaneous these days. I got a few hours in over the weekend. Bailey road in New Kent was a sloppy mess on Saturday. With slick stock tires the rutted clay was fun to squirm around on. I put some Hippo Hands on the beast and love them. Not cute, but man is it cozy in there with heated grips and summer gloves.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #26577
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post

Still might be in jeopardy.

Looks like someone turned in a ticket. Count is now 103 sold.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #26578
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 855
Hammock

Quote:
Dirtmonkey8 I thought hammocks were not quite warm enough for winter camping and that it would take a ridiculous amount of insulation to keep you warm enough to stay asleep. If you have room you may want to bring a tent as a back up. I think Andrew said he has used the hammock into the 20's though..
Jacks-R-Better makes a down "Underquilt" called the Mt Washington 4 that is rated down to 0 degree's. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say if its true or not but Im willing to give it a try. Here is the link.

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/mt-washington-4/
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #26579
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitfield View Post
Dad emailed me yesterday about a bike for sale (Advertised in Midloathian)... Unfortunately it screams scam. Anyone seen this bike before?

Hello,

the bike is still for sale. Price is $2,160.
Clear title, mileage is 37,000, included is 2 keys, the owner manual and tool kit, the bike has no mechanical problems and has been recently serviced. The bike is ready for the road, and it needs nothing. Never been raced or down.
I was promoted and deployed in Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar and I think I'll stay here for a while that's why I'm selling it. I want to find a good home for it, not to forget it in the garage. If you are serious about buying the bike, I will ship it for no extra cost and I suggest we go through Google Wallet Purchase Protection because it offers protection for both of us.
If you are serious about this purchase we might have a chance to finalize this deal.

I have attached more pictures to see the condition of the bike.

Yours sincerely,
Lt. Nicholas H.
Definitely a scan, but I did see a bike that looked exactly like that on Hull Street a month or so ago in the back of a pick up. Numbers and all.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #26580
CycleDoc59
Wrench Rider

Oddometer: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
Jacks-R-Better makes a down "Underquilt" called the Mt Washington 4 that is rated down to 0 degree's. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say if its true or not but Im willing to give it a try. Here is the link.

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/mt-washington-4/
When you are in a down filled-bag, the bottom mashes flat, and
provides virtually no bottom warmth . Which is why a mattress of
foam or something is necessary. Also, I would not buy anything
with down fill without knowing quality of the fill (800, 650,
whatever, and the weight of the fill..) Statements about
temperature ratings mean little... I'm a cold sleeper and
have been stuck with "highly rated" bags a couple of times.
CycleDoc59 is offline   Reply With Quote