ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #27226
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 821
This thread is first class consulting on all subjects. Amazing.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #27227
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,932
Co detectors can be had for about $30 at Lowes or HD. You should have one permanently versus borrowing one. Good luck.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #27228
AB13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
co detectors can be had for about $30 at lowes or hd. You should have one permanently versus borrowing one. Good luck.
1+ ab:-)
Old 01-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #27229
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidi9000 View Post
Plastics are trash, can't get the odor out. (blinds, containers etc.) if it got to insulation, replace it. Affected rooms should be painted and thermo fogged with a neutralizer/ deodorant.
Besides the 2 companies Semper recommended, Trystate Cleaning and Mitigation (804-397-9469) is another option I'd highly recommend. ( ...and The Man rides a GS 😁)
Feel free to PM me
Cheers !
Lory
PM coming your way!

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #27230
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 653
Quote:
Co detectors can be had for about $30 at Lowes or HD. You should have one permanently versus borrowing one. Good luck.
I have several CO alarms, two of which were beeping when I walked in the door (the one near the furnace, oddly, not), but I would like something that gives numeric readings until I can get one myself.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn

MotoMujer screwed with this post 01-19-2014 at 10:24 AM
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #27231
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
I have several CO alarms, two of which were beeping when I walked in the door (the one near the furnace, oddly, not), but I would like something that gives numeric readings until I can get get one myself.
I was just buying one a couple weeks ago. The ones that give a rearing are $40 or $50 but they have them at the uhome improvement stores too. I'm cheap and went with one without the display. After reading the fine print they all have to alarm at the same levels.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #27232
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 821
The Flying Pig

I found a new to me restaurant yesterday that I thought I should recommend. The Flying Pig at 13560 Waterford Place,
Midlothian, VA 23112. I thought the food was excellent. It took me forever to order. Lots of unique dishes. I ended up getting a barbeque burger and it was one of the best burgers i have ever had. I wonder how many times I have said that?... My son ate well there yesterday and ate leftovers for lunch well today. He is not a good eater. We will be going back. His chicken tenders and mac-n-cheese where the best of both i have ever had. The batter on the tenders reminded me of what my mom used to use on fish. Corn meal maybe?
Old 01-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #27233
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,890
I'd rather be lucky than good any day. I was talking with a neighbor, and he mentioned he had an old motorcycle in his basement (the old family home where he was born). He parked it there in 1981 when he went off into the Navy.

It hadn't moved since.

It is an all original 1972 AMF Harley-Davidson 125cc Rapido dual sport. The engine spins over and it has a title.

I am a lucky dawg. She is coming home to Petersburg with me tomorrow.

With any luck, I may be able to convince the Moto Giro judges to grandfather it into the rally.

jeff
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom

Jeff Munn screwed with this post 01-19-2014 at 01:40 PM
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #27234
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
I'd rather be lucky than good any day. I was talking with a neighbor, and he mentioned he had an old motorcycle in his basement. He parked it there in 1981 when he went off into the Navy.

I

It hadn't moved since.

It is an all original 1972 AMF Harley-Davidson 125cc Rapido dual sport. The engine spins over and it has a title.

I am a lucky dawg. She is coming home to Petersburg with me tomorrow.

With any luck, I may be able to convince the Moto Giro judges to grandfather it into the rally.

jeff
Major score! :-)

Sent from my mobile Interociter.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #27235
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

More fun with bearings. Swapped out the swing arm bearings on the wrr. That went fine. Started pulling apart the bearing in the L shaped and they are all frozen. One of the 3 is the type with the cage and the other two are just needle bearings. I have the part soaking in mineral spirits hoping the needles can be popped loose after sitting for a bit. That is how bad they are. Just ordered another $90 in bearings.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #27236
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post

jeff
Why does it need to be grandfathered? Also, great find.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #27237
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,890
Moto Giro rules

Quote:
Why does it need to be grandfathered? Also, great find.
The Moto Giro is limited to motorcycles 305cc and under, and which were manufactured prior to Dec 1968 (model years 1969 and older).

However, the event director has the authority to grant exceptions for later bikes that are basically unchanged from the same model that qualifies. So a 1969 Harley Rapido is perfect, but the same model version 1972 needs a waiver. I'm fairly hopeful they will grant it, since the 65cc-125cc category has so few competitors.

If I can get it running and plated, it will be for my nephew to use. I plan on riding the 77cc Yamaha YG5T. You'll be able to see them both on Saturday!

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #27238
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Just made a test batch of the vegetarian dish for Jeff's. I am going to be making a Tofu Parmesan. It does have eggs and cheese. I was quite skeptical and figured I would be tossing the whole batch and the pan I cooked it in, but it is actually pretty good and I am about to go get another plate. Hopefully my habit of not measuring anything wont be my downfall and I can pull it off again when it matters.

Disclaimer: I am neither Italian nor a vegetarian. I didn't even stay at a holiday inn express last night.

fahrenheit screwed with this post 01-19-2014 at 04:42 PM
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #27239
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,331
I live right around the corner. It is a pretty good place. I like all the different sauces. With that being said I'm a little biased to Benny's BBQ since my cousin owns it ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I found a new to me restaurant yesterday that I thought I should recommend. The Flying Pig at 13560 Waterford Place,
Midlothian, VA 23112. I thought the food was excellent. It took me forever to order. Lots of unique dishes. I ended up getting a barbeque burger and it was one of the best burgers i have ever had. I wonder how many times I have said that?... My son ate well there yesterday and ate leftovers for lunch well today. He is not a good eater. We will be going back. His chicken tenders and mac-n-cheese where the best of both i have ever had. The batter on the tenders reminded me of what my mom used to use on fish. Corn meal maybe?
Old 01-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #27240
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181

Sweet Score! My first love was a 1973 SX 125 (Of which the once rolling chassis is still leaning against the fence).

Still bargaining with the better half for time this Sat, This is my only weekend off this month.
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote