ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #27916
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
OK- been a weird couple of months.

just back from a 2nd trip to AR since the first of February. I-40 is a beast

But have resupplied fireworks and TN sorghum

Coming home Friday, stopped at the Va welcome center on 85, The Alberta General Store had samples of their Brunswick stew. tasty!! did the dodge off 85 and a quick trip to downtown Alberta to pick some up great decision.

keep it in mind when traveling that part of the state. they sell it frozen and it travels well.

The lady said she can do motorcycle groups of they are not too large. Probably need to call ahead to get fresh (not frozen) stew.

and now for spam

have drone--- will take real estate photographs. should you know of an agent or broker that would like to enhance their marketing tool box let me know!!

sample photos at http://buddy.smugmug.com/Dronepics Pricing is very fair

will be doing video at a later date- working on that learning curve

oh yea, my new squirrel relocation project is going well since the last cat died, we have had a squirrel problem. Six now have a new home down the road a few miles they love peanut butter crackers
On the real estate pictures I had a friend who used to do that with a tethered balloon. Mostly on the bay area. He was pretty much retired so it kept him busy enough. He also took estate pictures for estate type people.

Warmer out in AR this week and no threat of snow.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #27917
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by e moneybags View Post
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963750

Hey again gang!
we're coming!

Mandy and I are jazzed for a new adventure.

Have a peek at my thread here and tell me what you think I should know! I am already mad I missed the lunch you guys just had at Shack. Love out of the way places like that...

cheers all!
Eric
Welcome to the area! We'll all have to get together and ride once you get down here.

Quote:

Coming home Friday, stopped at the Va welcome center on 85, The Alberta General Store had samples of their Brunswick stew. tasty!! did the dodge off 85 and a quick trip to downtown Alberta to pick some up great decision.

keep it in mind when traveling that part of the state. they sell it frozen and it travels well.

The lady said she can do motorcycle groups of they are not too large. Probably need to call ahead to get fresh (not frozen) stew.

and now for spam

have drone--- will take real estate photographs. should you know of an agent or broker that would like to enhance their marketing tool box let me know!!

oh yea, my new squirrel relocation project is going well since the last cat died, we have had a squirrel problem. Six now have a new home down the road a few miles they love peanut butter crackers
I'm a real estate agent. I'll keep that in mind.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #27918
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Just got around to ordering a brake rotor, helmet, and handlbars the other day. I should be back on the road after this weekend!
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 03-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #27919
AB13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Quote:

and now for spam

Just keep the squirrels and make your own Brunswick stew. AB:-)
Old 03-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #27920
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
Heard you got to get squirrels 8 miles away or they'll come back.

Sent from my mobile Interociter.
I've been told 4 miles
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #27921
freaking RT
will golf for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB13 View Post
Just keep the squirrels and make your own Brunswick stew. AB:-)

IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 03-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #27922
freaking RT
will golf for food

make that nine squirrels
IBA#10787

– Abraham Lincoln

-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 03-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #27923
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Hey DD, you shouldn't have sold that Miata. You could have come Autocrossed with me this Sunday. Does anyone else take their cars out to RIR or VMSC for these events? First one of the season is this Sunday at RIR. Should be a blast. It will be my first time running something NOT all wheel drive. Just cleaned her up real nice.

2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 03-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #27924
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,890
March Moto Madness this weekend in Tennessee

If you haven't pre-registered, you won't know this, so I thought I'd post it for anyone planning on going. The biggest issue is to bring eating and drinking utensils. (plates, mug, utensils, etc). They'll supply some food and coffee, but they won't give you anything to put in on, or in. Ha! Oh, and bring cash for registration.

From the director:

Last call.

The weather looks mild, the food is planned, the riding is awesome. Just a few reminders.

$65 at the gate. 3 days camping, Fri, Sat & Sun breakfast. Fri & Sat dinner.

Great prizes from Twisted Throttle, Klim, Moto Quest, Dual Sport Touring, Giant Loop, GSMmotoRent, Kermit chair, Seat Concepts, Camel ADV, Sloan’s and others. Check in at registration if you rode in on an in-line twin, BMW 650/700/800 GS.

Don’t forget your mess kits, mugs. Fri night will be soup so you’ll need a bowl. Pancakes for breakfast so you’ll need a plate. Don hates to see pancakes stuffed in mugs& Red Solo cups. It send him into massive fits of hysteria.

If you registered and haven’t paid with Paypal yet, PLEASE DON’T. Only pay on site now. If you pay with Paypal now I won’t have it on my spreadsheet & we don’t wanna have a big ole scene. PAY ON SITE if you haven’t paid via Paypal.

We don’t have the ability to take credit cards on site. No cell service or land lines. Cash or check will do just fine.

If you haven’t registered and want to save time when you get there (on line registration is now closed as well), you can print the attached registration, fill it out & bring it with you. Directions and contact info are also on the attachment.

There is still a few spots available for training with Adventure Riders International. Contact them at Admin@AdventureRidersInternational.com for more details.

Registration “officially” opens at High Noon 3/27. The first 100 through get a free knit cap, toque for our North of the border friends, from Dual Sport Touring. Rumor has it there may already be that many at Micky’s now. ;)

Come ready to have a good time, make some new friends and challenge your limits on the bike.

That’s all I got.

See y’alldirectly.

Kevin

Kevin Shrader
aka Kev95GS
615-210-7887
Kev95GS@gmail.com
MarchMotoMadness.com

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #27925
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,844
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Hey DD, you shouldn't have sold that Miata. You could have come Autocrossed with me this Sunday. Does anyone else take their cars out to RIR or VMSC for these events? First one of the season is this Sunday at RIR. Should be a blast. It will be my first time running something NOT all wheel drive. Just cleaned her up real nice.

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/burtonrider3889/CaymanShoot3_zps47fadfe8.jpg[/IMG]

Ya know, Va MANDATES a front license plate.... I find it arrogant, and scofflaw, to violate such...... hope the update doesn't arrive after a visit to a local pub
Best to be on your p's & q's... hate to see that sweet car towed improperly....not to mention the 10k tarrif...

That aside, driving gravel backroads in an old yugo is a blast... I don't see dirt, or gravel in that morgage payment cars future.....
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #27926
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,492
Quote:
Hey, I bought Danny's Miata. Very nice! Not up to doing anything like autocross right now. Going to ride some enduros, though. :-)
Old 03-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #27927
RimBenty
Bender of Rims

Oddometer: 246
VA WV Mountain Camp & Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfPlate View Post
RB,
Keep me in to loop on this, I might be able to swing a few days off and go with you guys. That route looks like a blast!

-HP
I'll keep you in the loop HalfPlate.

I'm still sorting out the tracks and probably won't be done for a couple more weeks. Once I get everything sorted out I'll post more information.

Here's the list I have for the ride so far.
Rimbenty
RBjr
cpeebles1
AB13
Dirtmonkey8 (tentative)
HalfPlate (tentative)
RimBenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #27928
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
Ya know, Va MANDATES a front license plate.... I find it arrogant, and scofflaw, to violate such...... hope the update doesn't arrive after a visit to a local pub
Best to be on your p's & q's... hate to see that sweet car towed improperly....not to mention the 10k tarrif...

That aside, driving gravel backroads in an old yugo is a blast... I don't see dirt, or gravel in that morgage payment cars future.....
I'm not sure if this is a serious comment or not. It's not even a moving violation. I don't think I have to worry about the car getting impounded. I have no plans to drill into my front bumper, so I guess I'll stay arrogant. Driving drunk seems much more arrogant, and I don't do that. I assume you were just joking though...

And I have a W250R for blasting dirt roads. I had been in Subarus for the past 8 years. I was ready for something that couldn't just perform well on dirt. I have a Pilot with AWD so I was ready for something RWD to switch it up.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)

burtonrider3889 screwed with this post 03-25-2014 at 06:59 PM
Old 03-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #27929
k5mitch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a serious comment or not. It's not even a moving violation. I don't think I have to worry about the car getting impounded. I have no plans to drill into my front bumper, so I guess I'll stay arrogant. Driving drunk seems much more arrogant, and I don't do that. I assume you were just joking though...

And I have a W250R for blasting dirt roads. I had been in Subarus for the past 8 years. I was ready for something that couldn't just perform well on dirt. I have a Pilot with AWD so I was ready for something RWD to switch it up.
I got a ticket for "improper display" of my plate on my fox body mustang. I drove it that way with no front plate for three years in NoVA and SWVA. An unmarked trooper pulled me over, he was on a fishing trip. I showed him my front plate... kept it under the passenger floor mat. He had the ticket tossed when I came to court with a photo of it "installed."
k5mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:01 AM   #27930
RimBenty
Bender of Rims

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a serious comment or not. It's not even a moving violation.
They won't impound your car it's an equipment violation. You just get a ticket.
I would ask the dealer where the bracket is.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-715
RimBenty is offline   Reply With Quote