ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #28036
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Finally got my bike fixed that's been broke since the poor mans Shenandoah 500. Got out and explored some of Goochland today.

2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #28037
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Nice! Glad to see you back up and running. My junk is still in the garage. I've run the ruckus around a few times but otherwise I'm slacking. That has gotta change this week.
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #28038
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 2,015
My psychotic redhead girlfriend

Well she did it again. The bitch has tried to kill me. I'm done. She is too much for me and the little trails on this Farm.

For anyone interested. Low mileage 2009 Honda CRF450X. All stock, except the Baja Kit. Street legal. Plated in WV. As soon as I get her back to Petersburg next month, she'll be up on CL. I've but less than 20 miles on her since I bought her this winter. I need a ride that won't try to hurt me every time I get on her. I'm just not man enough. But for those who are, she would make an insane Super Motard bike too.

When I throw her on CL I'll be asking $4500, but I'll give a really nice deal to a local inmate. Anyone who wants a street legal monster dirt bike without the hassle of doing it yourself, here is your chance.

Think I'll start looking for a nice, sedate CRF230L.......

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #28039
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,454
Hope you are OK Jeff. That would make a bitchin' tard! Wish I could swing the cash. If I sell the house on Hinton St we might be talking! Or you can buy the house on Hinton and rent it out and I'll take the 450X as partial payment hahahaha.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #28040
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
I need a ride that won't try to hurt me every time I get on her. I'm just not man enough.
I know exactly what you mean Jeff! I was thinking the same thing this weekend! I keep thinking "sweet Jesus this is absurd! A handful of throttle at the wrong time could be painful!" But I do enjoy the effortless wheelies and she lands so plush and softly even with my fat tail on her! I'd sell her today for the right price.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #28041
tg4360
Misfit Toy

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
I know exactly what you mean Jeff! I was thinking the same thing this weekend! I keep thinking "sweet Jesus this is absurd! A handful of throttle at the wrong time could be painful!" But I do enjoy the effortless wheelies and she lands so plush and softly even with my fat tail on her! I'd sell her today for the right price.
The combo of abrupt throttle response and tight suspension plus rough terrain is dangerous....

You get into a situation where a sharp bounce in the front end translates to the bars moving which rolls some throttle and away we go.......

A trials bike it ain't.

It do jump nice though!

I'd love to have that bike out in the desert somewhere.

TG
tg4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #28042
e moneybags
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by manganos View Post
I might be in town and go. I have a new fly rig I want to try out.......
great! will see how the house hunting and so forth goes and reply back!
e moneybags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #28043
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,556
Quote:
Well she did it again. The bitch has tried to kill me. I'm done. She is too much for me and the little trails on this Farm.

For anyone interested. Low mileage 2009 Honda CRF450X. ..

jeff
I had a love/fear relationship like this once with a hopped up/plated XR650R.

Should be a pretty hot seller, especially with the tags. Easy to find a next victim.. I mean owner.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #28044
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
You guys can thank me while you are out riding in this perfect weather this weekend. I was too wimpy this winter to go into the cold garage at ten in the evening to get work on the bikes done. With a long weekend at LF coming up soon I had to get started this week. Man is it nice outside!
I plan to wash my truck Sunday. Expect plenty of rain Monday.
My bike has been up on a lift for 2 months looking just like this. Actually worse with no swingarm or forks.

All parts are in and things are about to change!
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #28045
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,057
Dlewis,
I got her all back together at 1 AM last "night". It only looked like that for a couple of days, but it was nerve wracking worrying if my son would get into the parts pile, etc. I finally got the GPS hard wired after about 8 months of ownership and had to finally break down and buy a soldering iron and heat gun. I put in an Eastern Beaver 3 Circuit Solution with one fuse un-switched for the GPS. I got to learn to solder electronics and the heat gun does a much nicer job than a Bic.I wish I had invested in those two tools a few years ago. I put Tiger Explorer 1200 bars on for better ergonomics. The Mitas E-07's are on the wheels now and I have a Madstad and a couple of other items on the way. It has taken a while to get her set up as i wanted. I invested, for fun, about $2,500 in a Merrel Edge account with free trades starting just before I purchased the bike. I luckily yielded a very nice return and just spent the "earnings" last week. I guess I better sell those holdings before my "profit on paper" turns into a "loss on paper". Thank you Delta, American Airlines, Amazon and others for my stuff.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:53 AM   #28046
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 2,015
Morton's Open House this Saturday 12 April 9 am -4 pm

For those who want to ride this weekend. Morton's Spring Open house starts at 0900 and goes to 4 pm. Demo rides, door prizes, free BBQ (and vegetarian) lunch to the first 350 to register.

I won't be there because I'll be in NC at the trials training course, trying to learn how to jump cars......

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #28047
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,057
Quote:
For those who want to ride this weekend. Morton's Spring Open house starts at 0900 and goes to 4 pm. Demo rides, door prizes, free BBQ (and vegetarian) lunch to the first 350 to register.

I won't be there because I'll be in NC at the trials training course, trying to learn how to jump cars......

jeff
Those Morton's guys are very good. I was in there last week during a work delivery trying on some Klim gear and remembered I had my wheels and new tires with me. I was trying to drop them at Richmond Superbike or somewhere local. I asked if they could mount the tires while I waited and they did. I put the wheels back on the bike Sunday night and then checked the pressure. Right at 30 PSI front and rear which is exactly what I wanted, but did not mention. They are the best outfitted bike store I have ever seen. Their prices were not bad either. I wish they were also a Triumph and Suzuki dealer.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #28048
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,403
Local shop for riding gear

Late last year the connecting zipper (pants to jacket) on my 2-piece Stitch suit took a dump. This also affects the use of the bib converter.

I called them about repair and there was a very long turn-around time, and since I was still riding at the time I didn’t want to be without riding gear. I should have just sent the suit off and get it repaired then, but I didn’t; shame on me.

Repair times are a little better now so getting ready to send it off. I have a couple of rides coming up that I hope to be able to make, so getting a little desperate on having the appropriate gear JIC the suit doesn’t make it back in time, therefore looking for a local shop that carries a good line of gear and reasonable prices. Not looking for super top of the line stuff, but just something to carry me through this interim period.

Recommendations please.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #28049
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Late last year the connecting zipper (pants to jacket) on my 2-piece Stitch suit took a dump. This also affects the use of the bib converter.

I called them about repair and there was a very long turn-around time, and since I was still riding at the time I didn’t want to be without riding gear. I should have just sent the suit off and get it repaired then, but I didn’t; shame on me.

Repair times are a little better now so getting ready to send it off. I have a couple of rides coming up that I hope to be able to make, so getting a little desperate on having the appropriate gear JIC the suit doesn’t make it back in time, therefore looking for a local shop that carries a good line of gear and reasonable prices. Not looking for super top of the line stuff, but just something to carry me through this interim period.

Recommendations please.

I bought my Klim jacket at Morton's for less than used prices on the FM!
(My 2 scents)

Sent from my mobile Interociter.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #28050
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,123
Street Rockets seemed to have an assorted selection when I was last in there and would be quick to order anything you needed.

Sprockets used to have a pretty good selection. They've cut it down some though since Honda house turned them into a yami dealer.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote