ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #29446
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Well, it looks like the wife has got to work all day Friday. That means I'm going to try and head out to the mountains. Would anyone like to join me? Will probably leave around 8 or 9.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #29447
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
Well that was not as odd and interesting a story as I had hoped to hear. From what I have read it is about Yoga, the exercise, and not Hindu religious practices. I told my wife, you does Yoga when she has time, about the place and she thinks it sounds interesting and wants to see it sometime. I will take her and my son out there to go inside and walk around the place. Do you have any idea why the inhabitants wear different pastel colored clothing??? i also never saw different colors together. Every couple or small group was all in the same colored outfit. Everyone I saw seemed very peaceful and relaxed. Not at all like the people I see everyday.
I believe Yogaville is also a religious retreat, which may have something to do the colored clothing that a few folks can be seen wearing (?), but from posted schedules most activities are geared toward yoga and meditation. Was definitely quiet and laid back. Kind of like Shrine Mont, but with a lot more color, a heavier dose of vegetarian options, and a heck of a lot more exercise. If your wife takes classes somewhere in town (as opposed to following DVDs or YouTube videos), her instructors probably know more about the place and could provide more insight.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #29448
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Wow, this thread died today. Everyone alive out there?
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 07-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #29449
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,055
I am alive. I got the Tiger out for a 20 minute ride late last night. it was all clean when I left and all muddy when I got back. I don't know why I bother washing the thing. It just keeps getting dirty. I was hoping to keep it relatively clean last night and i thought the water hole i went through was water. It was more of a mud soup. It was deep enough to make me nervous so it was worth it! I love having these Mitas E-07's on there. SO much better being able to go most places and not worrying about slipping out or getting stuck. When I get stuck now I am really going to be in deep sh*t. There you go Jarred. A little chatter to help you through your day.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #29450
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I am alive. I got the Tiger out for a 20 minute ride late last night. it was all clean when I left and all muddy when I got back. I don't know why I bother washing the thing. It just keeps getting dirty. I was hoping to keep it relatively clean last night and i thought the water hole i went through was water. It was more of a mud soup. It was deep enough to make me nervous so it was worth it! I love having these Mitas E-07's on there. SO much better being able to go most places and not worrying about slipping out or getting stuck. When I get stuck now I am really going to be in deep sh*t. There you go Jarred. A little chatter to help you through your day.
Ahh thank you. You should hit the mountains with me Friday. SOMEONE, ANYONE SHOULD COME.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 07-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #29451
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Ahh thank you. You should hit the mountains with me Friday. SOMEONE, ANYONE SHOULD COME.
Once I find an employee or two I will join you.

If anyone knows someone who they feel would fit well as a sales/ service person in a small Home/ Auto/ Renters insurance agency in the west end let me know.

Needs to be able to pass a background check and get licensed.

Must also put up with motorcycle discussions, firearms being carried and banjos being played in the office on a regular basis.

81 XT/TT 500 83 BMW R80S (RT with S bits)
00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #29452
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Once I find an employee or two I will join you.

If anyone knows someone who they feel would fit well as a sales/ service person in a small Home/ Auto/ Renters insurance agency in the west end let me know.

Needs to be able to pass a background check and get licensed.

Must also put up with motorcycle discussions, firearms being carried and banjos being played in the office on a regular basis.
What insurance company is yours?
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 07-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #29453
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quote:
What insurance company is yours?
You could say I am "Like a Good Neighbor".....not here to plug insurance and REALLY don't want to mix work and pleasure, God knows it is hard enough to leave a small business behind on the weekend and evenings...just wondering if any of you FFs have anyone in mind.

00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20
Old 07-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #29454
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 2,013
Holy world cup blow-out Batman!

WTF? 5-0 in the first half? Was the Brazilian team kidnapped by aliens and replaced by robots?

BTW, is it just me, or does Thomas Muller look like Manganos?

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #29455
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
You could say I am "Like a Good Neighbor".....not here to plug insurance and REALLY don't want to mix work and pleasure, God knows it is hard enough to leave a small business behind on the weekend and evenings...just wondering if any of you FFs have anyone in mind.
Nice picture.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:12 PM   #29456
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
WTF? 5-0 in the first half? Was the Brazilian team kidnapped by aliens and replaced by robots?

BTW, is it just me, or does Thomas Muller look like Manganos?

jeff
They are missing key players and paying for it. Star broke his back last match, I think, and another out from red card last game. The Pele condition, or what ever they were calling it and hoping for, did not pan out.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #29457
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Quote:
I am with Sic Semper Tyranis on this one. If I had a couple more employees I might be able to slip away. However, I don't want to play a couple more. At least I have my weekends off.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #29458
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quote:
I am with Sic Semper Tyranis on this one. If I had a couple more employees I might be able to slip away. However, I don't want to play a couple more. At least I have my weekends off.

I am at a half right now and I lose that one september. I really need 1.5 total to stay sane. The half can be a smart hs or college kid.

00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20
Old 07-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #29459
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,273
It is virtually impossible for me to pass up on a great motorcycle deal. I've been hunting for a small and inexpensive motorcycle that Lynn might feel comfortable using during camping trips and such. Well, early yesterday while sipping my coffee, I stumbled upon a CL ad for a 1997 F650ST. For the unaware, BMW made a street version of the F650GS that sold better than nickel beer over in Europe. Fortunately, BMW imported it to the USA for one year and like so many other excellent, functional, good handling, comfortable bikes, we power and chrome loving Americans wanted nothing to do with it and it disappeared the following year. So anyways, yesterday after work, I rushed over to Hanover and loaded it into my truck as fast as I could. The seller couldn't have been any nicer. It only has 13,000 miles, it came with a BMW topcase and saddlebags, a tall Givi windsheild, handguards, some other farkles, a nice cover, a shop manual and a box full of spares and filters. I am looking forward to spooning on some Shinko 705's (the only DS tires that will fit this thing) and taking it for a spin soon. The timing couldn't be worse as when I got to work today, a co-worker told me that he has ordered a new 2015 GS and wanted to know if I wanted a great deal on his well-farkled and babied 2011 R1200GS. Of course I said yes! Lynn is going to beat me, lol.

Disclaimer: Stock photos from web, real bike pics to follow soon.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #29460
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Training groudns development?

The end of an era?

:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/busines...a4bcf6878.html

Described as "The development will include property north of Powhite Parkway, facing Chippenham Parkway, inside the triangle bordered by the Powhite and Chippenham parkways and Jahnke Road, and in two small parcels at the entrance of the Boulders Office Park, which is on Jahnke Road. "

Clearly some of this is (was) the training grounds...

I'll vouch for some of it being wetlands...I am sure I still have some of that mud on my XT...

00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20