ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #7501
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,916
Yup that is characteristic. Also check of slack is even around the chain or tight in some spots and loose in others. My chain and sprockets are in a sad shape after criss crossing the nation.

PM Bombazo about a centerstand. He wrecked his Strom and removed the parts prior to insurance. See "Crashed on BRP Sequel" thread
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #7502
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,844
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganos
True. I'm trying to find the perfect two bikes and I am now back to the WRR (Had the WRX) and I think it will fit good with the Versys. I haven't ridden the Versys in a while because I've been working at nite and I'm afraid of the deer when coming home. Does anyone else worry about it or am I being paranoid?
I really worry, living out here in the boonies....
I saw at least 20 the other night when I grabbed the Studley Tag, Studly road and River road in Hanover were a target rich environment...at 8pm....
Just slow down, do not ride beyound your headlight, and keep 2 fingers on the levers at all times....
oh, deer season is upon us...shoot as many as you can.....
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #7503
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,267
you have a PM
Old 09-29-2010, 04:14 AM   #7504
RideOn2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Regarding deer,

I was down in the OBX(Avon) last week. I was going past the Food Lion at around 8pm, I had a green lite and a 6pt buck came flying out of the parking lot at full speed right under the lite. I missed him by inches. He must have been color blind cause I had the green......
RideOn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:36 AM   #7505
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by manganos
.... I'm afraid of the deer when coming home. Does anyone else worry about it or am I being paranoid?
The deer will become much more active in the next couple of weeks as the rut begins. Also, bow season opens on Saturday which will get deer moving, soon followed by muzzleloader season, which will freak out the deer for a couple of weeks.

I don't mind riding at night for most of the year, but I will not ride between sunrise & sunset during the rut. Just won't do it.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:38 AM   #7506
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideOn2
Regarding deer,

I was down in the OBX(Avon) last week. I was going past the Food Lion at around 8pm, I had a green lite and a 6pt buck came flying out of the parking lot at full speed right under the lite. I missed him by inches. He must have been color blind cause I had the green......
or texting..........
Old 09-29-2010, 05:21 AM   #7507
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 821
Hey gang. I picked up an 08' FJR last week and I need to do the 8,000 mile service. Anyone have a carb/tb synchronizer and possibly a vacuum pressure guage as well? I would really appreciate it. I was going to buy one but considering how little it would get used I figured I should just ask to borrow one before dishing out more dough. I am not sure when I am going to try and do the TBS and change the plugs because I am trying to do some research to see what else I should do while I have the tupperware off. I should probably add another power outlet at the very least. Thanks for the consideration. Oh, and of course there will be beer in it for you at the very least.

Macon
Old 09-29-2010, 05:54 AM   #7508
cecald
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Suspension (sag) by Richmond Superbikes

I just wanted to thank the local members and provide some feedback on my request for a shop to assist in suspension set up a week or two back.

I ended up going to Richmond Superbikes with my Tuono. I picked the T up used from a local guy about a year ago, and the front end has really felt unforgiving through corners. The tech at Richmond Superbikes really seemed to know what he was doing and what questions to ask throughout the process, and got the bike's sag to match my riding style and weight. I noticed an improvement immediately in the handling, reminiscent of riding years ago on my old R6. Total time spent for the adjustment and a test ride afterwards was about an hour to 1.5 hrs, and I felt the price was quite reasonable.

Appreciate the advice from the board members here. Thanks!
cecald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #7509
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
Will give you a warm fuzzy after you help

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has time to help a Lab get from Point A to Point B on Saturday? MickiewiczSeptember 29, 2010 at 8:46am
Subject: Transport Help Needed
We need to get a Lab from Point A to Point B this Saturday and are looking for help. If you or a friend or family might be able to help us. We NEED to get him on Saturday.

RUN ONE:

Rt. 81 at exit 150 (Hollins area) to Appomattox at 460 somewhere

RUN TWO:

Appomattox to Amelia at 307 and 360 intersection

RUN THREE:

Amelia to Foster (Lucks Lane area)

If you think you can help on any of these "legs" please contact Christine Wilson @ 804-543-1487 or Liann Snipes @804 423-6616

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #7510
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
Tiffany Travels the World

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #7511
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,844
Laugh saw the P.O.T.U.S.....

saw the P.O.T.U.S.
some really soggy Va troopers on bikes....they came from the southside all the way to the airport...
Soggy bikes...

then....THE P.O.T.U.S.

OH,and the SWAT team followup.....heheheh

so that was real exciting...my 7 seconds of fame.....
taking pictures from the grassy knoll....in front of work.....where they held traffic up for a half hour.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #7512
mubikS
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8
Hey gang. I picked up an 08' FJR last week and I need to do the 8,000 mile service... see what else I should do while I have the tupperware off.
Hey! Nice to see another FJR in the area. Change the oil, and maybe consider throttle spring unwind if jerkiness is a problem. These bikes don't need much else tweaking. Check out FJRforum.com if you haven't yet.
1977 Honda CB750, 1974 Honda CL450, 1972 Honda CL360
Project: 1988 Yamaha YX600,
mubikS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 AM   #7513
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 821
I changed the oil and filter Saturday and then rode out to the parkway for a bit. New tires should arrive today. I also picked up the final drive oil so I can change it out. It is not due until 16,000 miles but I don't know what was done when by the previous two owners so better safe than sorry. It is overdue for spark plugs and throttle body synchronization. It has a slight vibratiion in the bars in the mid range due to the TB's being slightly out of synch. I guess I will go ahead and order the synchronizer as it needs to be done as soon as I can get to it. Amazing bike. I have never ridden a sport bike before so the power and speed amazes me. I got to ride it a bit before the rain started, Now I just get to look at it and try to recall what all that power felt like.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:48 AM   #7514
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has time to help a Lab get from Point A to Point B on Saturday? MickiewiczSeptember 29, 2010 at 8:46am
Subject: Transport Help Needed
We need to get a Lab from Point A to Point B this Saturday and are looking for help. If you or a friend or family might be able to help us. We NEED to get him on Saturday.

RUN ONE:

Rt. 81 at exit 150 (Hollins area) to Appomattox at 460 somewhere

RUN TWO:

Appomattox to Amelia at 307 and 360 intersection

RUN THREE:

Amelia to Foster (Lucks Lane area)

If you think you can help on any of these "legs" please contact Christine Wilson @ 804-543-1487 or Liann Snipes @804 423-6616
Working in Leesburg this weekend.

Sorry, but I can't help.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #7515
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,331
I'm working this weekend too. I'm going out to the garage to change the oil in the WRR. Hey Jimmy I'm heading to VDGIF HQ this afternoon to drop off some paperwork. Give me a call on the cell if you are up there and free to chat.

STRIKE going to Richmond due to the pothole on 95. I'll send it from the post office this afternoon LOL

manganos screwed with this post 09-30-2010 at 09:10 AM
manganos is offline   Reply With Quote