ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #10471
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeter View Post
I was riding home from work today when I saw the back of this thing ahead of me. It was one of those WTF moments. And when it stopped and the landing gear came down I had to follow this guy to get a pic and some info.

Plug...
www.21stcenturymotoring.com

If those things weren't so incredibly expensive, I'd be damn interested in one as a commuter.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #10472
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeter View Post
I was riding home from work today when I saw the back of this thing ahead of me. It was one of those WTF moments. And when it stopped and the landing gear came down I had to follow this guy to get a pic and some info.

Plug...
www.21stcenturymotoring.com

Those things rock, other than the price. I've looked at the monotracer website before.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #10473
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

If anyone wants a classic ninja 250, this is their day. 3 of them on Craigslist today for under $2100. Started to send an email on one and the wife gave me one hell of a mean look and said she didn't think we need another bike right now. I could point out to her that the memorabilia she collects isn't the best way to spend money either but I'll save that for another time.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #10474
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
My wife said, absolutely you can have a new/newer/vintage bike, as long as you apply the zero sum gain...One out of the garage (sold) and one can come in. Thank gawd I had a few toys before I got married.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #10475
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Those things rock, other than the price. I've looked at the monotracer website before.
Might as well buy a small car.

No thanks. I like the sensation one gets from being on the exterior and not stuck in a sardine can with a window.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #10476
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,399
Any locals planning on heading to this........

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678275

I is. Probably heading out early Sunday morning and meander around, eventually winding up at Rella's. May get here early to help out and sit around and shoot the poo like I usually do when I'm there.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #10477
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,273
Sweet Jesus!? 59,000 Euros for that weird thing!? For that much I could buy a nice used Porsche Cayman, a used R1200GS and a used F-150.

What are Rella's GPS coordinates?

Anybody have a pair of 38 waist Darien pants and need/want a pair of 36 waist Aerostich Dariens in good shape? ***Pending sale today***

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 05-12-2011 at 06:44 AM
Eddy Alvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #10478
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,221
Wicked $$$$

Quote:
If anyone wants a classic ninja 250, this is their day. 3 of them on Craigslist today for under $2100. Started to send an email on one and the wife gave me one hell of a mean look and said she didn't think we need another bike right now. I could point out to her that the memorabilia she collects isn't the best way to spend money either but I'll save that for another time.

I've seen a lot of Concours' sold for around that price........and for one or two up touring, they can't be beat....ZG1000 ....1000cc, cruise the road without worry...take on the twisties....
just sayin'........ real motorcycles.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #10479
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
What are Rella's GPS coordinates?
Google knows all. It is even on streetview
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...2,3.938599&z=8

And then google told me how to get coordinates from Google even though they don't like to tell.

(38.62327256750556, -80.38842469453812)

My google fu is strong. You must learn the ways of google fu grasshopper.

jgiacobbe screwed with this post 05-11-2011 at 09:06 PM
Old 05-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #10480
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,273
You da Man! Thanks.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #10481
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
I've seen a lot of Concours' sold for around that price........and for one or two up touring, they can't be beat....ZG1000 ....1000cc, cruise the road without worry...take on the twisties....
just sayin'........ real motorcycles.
I seem to remember you coming to help with some ninja 250 valves and cursing the rest of us for being able to turn around in the driveway with no problem. The little 250 is a different tool than the connie. I know which I would rather use to commute into the city.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:52 AM   #10482
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Laugh

Quote:
I seem to remember you coming to help with some ninja 250 valves and cursing the rest of us for being able to turn around in the driveway with no problem. The little 250 is a different tool than the connie. I know which I would rather use to commute into the city.
JUST stirrin' the pot...me keeed....
I wasn't cursing y'all, I was Blessing y'all....you know, down here folks go "welll, god bless you....'

it ain't tahat hard to turn around...less it's uphill.
Remember, I was carrying 150 lbs of tools, in just one saddlebag....

it's all good, just some of us "security squad" sized folks look like a monkey humpin' a football riding a lil' Nunja

sooooo how's come you sold yours?????
I believe evryone present at that lil' Nunja tech session sold thiers off within the year.....after seeing the behemouth C14...mighty Steed of power...Transcontinental Supertourer...the new wave.......
Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #10483
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Thinking of the kid that got busted for putting up a banner at his school to ask a girl to the prom and just thinking of all the stuff that could probably get a kid arrested in school these days. In my youth we played a word game called Hangman. I suppose some kid drawing the hangman on paper could be arrested for inciting violence and hate (for stick people) or Just for watching Rocky and Bullwinkle (Boris Badanoff-First we Keel Moose and Squirrel) again more violence and hatred toward moose's and squirrels...When you had a disagreement with some other kid you wound up squaring off, now-a-days kids are arrested for inciting violence, You could prank a teacher and it was funny, now, not so much. In my Dad's day ( 1950's) he was on the Rife Team in High School and brought his gun to school. Today, well, you all know what would happen today.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #10484
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,044
If anyone wants a cheap bike that is a lot of fun, I am selling the wife's SV650.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686791
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #10485
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Laugh schools

when I was in high school, there were quite a few kids that hunted/trapped, and I bought my first car with money earned on my trap line....
every morning during season, I would throw "schoolclothes" in my rucksack, head out the door, over the hill, and make my way along my trapline on my 1 mile loop to school (voluntarily took this route instead of riding the bus)...put all my days catch in a lockbox adjacent to the river which I crossed, and went to school. Sometimes I was carrying a .22 rifle, sometimes it was a .22 pistol, sometimes I had a .410 shotgun.
When I got to school, I changed clothes in the locker room, stuffed my gear in the locker ALONG WITH WHATEVER FIREARM is was carrying, and got my learnin' for the day.......after school, I reversed the process....My school mascot was the Beaver.... they had NO problem with us students doing what we did. Of course 38 years of apathy has a way with changing the thought process, and those of todays children.

Last year, the "students/parents" wanted to change the school mascot......ALUMNI (the GRANDparents) refused to allow it. Thank goodness.

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 05-12-2011 at 10:10 AM