ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #11416
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,278
Look what I found!

My ADV friends,
I have a problem...I know this and I don't try to hide it... I know that I have no business looking at Craigslist, eBay, the ADV Flea Market or Cycletrader! They all get me into trouble with the wife. When I find something that is a "super, I gotta have it or pass it on to one of my friends" deal, I go into a crazy frenzy that consumes me, my attention (and usually my money) until the bike, car, boat, part or whatever it is sells or is purchased by me or one of my friends!

Unfortunately, it happened again today! I am thrilled, my wife thinks I am...

You see, late last night I found a great deal on a silver and canary YELLOW BMW R1200GS! It has humongous Al Jesse aluminum panniers, front and rear fully adjustable Wilbur's suspension, a comfy Mayer touring sadddle, just serviced, fresh Anakee's and some other goodies! It looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

I called the dealership in NC first thing this morning, got the 411 on the bike and after doing some research, I placed a deposit on it during lunch! I will pick it up sometime in the next week or two...I can't wait to combine everything I love about my F650GS with the power of the GSX in one bike!
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #11417
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,993
Eddy....

I'll keep you in my prayers!

Jimmy
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #11418
teeter
Frank Zappa the 6th

Oddometer: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycletech View Post
Spent a day at the Nurburgring last week. Track time on a 1300R. Also took a ride in Bernd Shcneiders (DTM) AMG track car. With him driving!
That had to have been an amazing experience! Any more pics? Vid?

I would love to experience that course in real life one day. I've raced it countless times in Gran Turismo and watched the 24 hour races on TV over the years and have become fully enamored with it.

teeter screwed with this post 08-02-2011 at 02:04 PM
teeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #11419
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 2,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
My ADV friends,
I have a problem...I know this and I don't try to hide it... I know that I have no business looking at Craigslist, eBay, the ADV Flea Market or Cycletrader! They all get me into trouble with the wife. When I find something that is a "super, I gotta have it or pass it on to one of my friends" deal, I go into a crazy frenzy that consumes me, my attention (and usually my money) until the bike, car, boat, part or whatever it is sells or is purchased by me or one of my friends!
and I thought B.E. Coyote had the worst case of motorcycle attention deficit disorder in Virginia. But now I think it is Eddie.

I hope you like it as much as the 650GS. If you plan on long distance touring, with occasional dirt, it will be perfect. But I fear you'll not be quite as nimble on the dirt and rocks and in the streams.... Just wait until you have to pick up that 1200GS off the ground! Remember to use your legs......

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #11420
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
My ADV friends,

You see, late last night I found a great deal on a silver and canary YELLOW BMW R1200GS! It has humongous Al Jesse aluminum panniers, front and rear fully adjustable Wilbur's suspension, a comfy Mayer touring sadddle, just serviced, fresh Anakee's and some other goodies! It looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!

I called the dealership in NC first thing this morning, got the 411 on the bike and after doing some research, I placed a deposit on it during lunch! I will pick it up sometime in the next week or two...I can't wait to combine everything I love about my F650GS with the power of the GSX in one bike!
Ah yes, I had that disease once. But it was cured with my GS.

The only problem is it leads to "Farklelitis" which I hear there is no cure.

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #11421
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,779
Chili head..

I guess MOB is to blame

I love hot stuff and just placed an order for my own collection...

Is it gettin HOT in here
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #11422
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,403
Kawasaki Has Done It Again...

Given our (COG-related) Over The Pond traveler a new C14 to use during his visit here:

OtP Traveler, Bernd Neumann receiving from Mike Boyle, Kawasaki Lincoln, NE Plant Mgr, the FOB for a new C-14 that Kawasaki is loaning him while he is in the USA.

I'll hook up with him in VT next week at our National Rally at Mt. Snow.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #11423
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,225
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
I guess MOB is to blame

I love hot stuff and just placed an order for my own collection...

Is it gettin HOT in here
sweeeeeeeet

I feel like a pimp......no, maybe a pusher.....

Oh, I forgot to tell y'all, "TimeRider's" bike was a '76 Yamaha XT (or TT) 500, it was driving me crazy, because the forks and swingarm didn't match, but it was a custom job....
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #11424
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
My ADV friends,

And think, if I was looking it would be for something smaller like a klx250s or drz400. As Jimmy says,I'll keep you in my prayers.

And no I don't want to buy your f650gs.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #11425
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Actually, I was thinking of looking for something like a CRF230L (or similar tiny bike) for serious dual sporting after I sell either the GSX or baby GS. Trust me, with a 29" inseam, I'm not getting too brave with an expensive, tall and heavy R1200GS
Old 08-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #11426
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Actually, I was thinking of looking for something like a CRF230L (or similar tiny bike) for serious dual sporting after I sell either the GSX or baby GS. Trust me, with a 29" inseam, I'm not getting too brave with an expensive, tall and heavy R1200GS
Congrats, Eddy. Welcome to the club.
+1 x 10 on Farkleitis!

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #11427
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycletech View Post
Spent a day at the Nurburgring last week. Track time on a 1300R. Also took a ride in Bernd Shcneiders (DTM) AMG track car. With him driving!
"Riding the Nurburgring"...

Lucky Dog! That K1300R looks bad ass!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #11428
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:

I know just the place to try it out. Trust me "it's not any worse than the tower road".
MADSTROM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #11429
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,779
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeter View Post
Two notes on Timerider..
I have Netflix and loaded the collection, which
is quite large...which season/episode was that
scooter adventure?