ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #13066
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Kudos to Brenda for the 30 mile ride in a mesh jacket and jeans, in low 30 temps.

j
Jeff, you know that I was using electrics (cranked up nice and high). But yeah, with the tire taken care of and the windshield/GPS mount now in process, proper gear is the next item of business. Will come back from Switzerland with new threads awaiting me, so it will be like Christmas x2!
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #13067
tg4360
Misfit Toy

Oddometer: 88
Agony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
Jeff, you know that I was using electrics (cranked up nice and high). But yeah, with the tire taken care of and the windshield/GPS mount now in process, proper gear is the next item of business. Will come back from Switzerland with new threads awaiting me, so it will be like Christmas x2!
And guess who had to be the fashion consultant in her Jacket/Pants quest........

Oh the agony!
tg4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #13068
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg4360 View Post
And guess who had to be the fashion consultant in her Jacket/Pants quest........

Oh the agony!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #13069
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,924
P-town is Movie-town

Just walked across the street to take this shot. They've covered our road with mulch and are dressing it for shooting tomorrow. We've got lights in our windows, and crap all over the place. But the business across the road is hilarious. They've been trying to stay open during the build-out. It is Christmas you know. But putting their sign out, with the final front of what it is in the movie, made me start laughing. It doesn't get any better than that. An EMBALMER"S, with a sigh that says, "Image. Relaxation, Renewal" "The Retreat Spa and Salon".

I don't care who you are, now that's funny.

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #13070
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,012
Since MOB has moved away

I had to give the Richmond Commuter tag thread a bump.

Jeff, my wife had a great laugh and the Embalmers/Spa. She does have something of a ghoulish sense of humor though.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #13071
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,720
For anyone interested. I am hashing out a group buy on ohlins. Details to be posted in a few days.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #13072
Wench On Wheels
RuckusRaisingRedhead

Oddometer: 81
Quote:

Oh the agony!
It couldn't have been too hard..... there's not much out there for women. Unless you go for the pink leather chaps style.....
Old 12-13-2011, 03:38 AM   #13073
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Quote:

Oh the agony!
@ TG4360, that was just round 1 -- last night I referred Niely and Holly your direction for similar.

@ Wench, I actually found an eyeboggling number of options online -- facing a potential time sink, I decided to call in a consultant.

@ Madstrom, many thanks for the recommendation. I went with the REV'IT Siren as it is a tad less pricey, but if the Euro cut feels strange I'll likely exchange it for Olympia's AST 2.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #13074
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 901
Jackets

Hello Brenda ..... it was nice meeting you at Poe's.

I agree with Madstrom. I am very happy with my Olympia gear. They seem to have the best product for the money. The cordura is tuff material and has good protection. Morton's has the brand on sale a couple times a year.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 AM   #13075
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
You can also join a local BMW club (preferably The Richmond BMW Riders-$15/yr ) and get in on Club Days:

Morton's BMW brings you CLUB DAYS!

Morton's BMW is pleased to announce we are offering a special discount program for members of our two local clubs, BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington and Richmond BMW Riders.

We will host a series of CLUB DAYS, on which card-carrying members of either club may obtain $15 off for every $100 they spend (with a few restrictions, of course). Spend $300, get $45 off; spend $1,000, get $150 off, it's as simple as that!

bmwbmw_logo_115 rbmwr_logo_250

The discounts will not apply to motorcycle purchases, Wunderlich products, items already on sale, tires (which are on sale every day), gift cards, or service labor. You MUST present your membership card at the time of purchase, no exceptions.

If you're a member of one of these clubs, this is a great added benefit; if you're not a member yet, why not? This is a even better reason to join! They already provide camaraderie with fellow BMW enthusiasts, and now membership can help you save money, too!

The first CLUB DAY will be on Saturday , January 21, 2012, and we'll post future dates in upcoming newsletters. Make sure you keep receiving this newsletter so you can take advantage of the savings.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #13076
skychs
chuck smith

Wed Ride

For everyone who works weekends and who can get a ride in during the week ..... I'm thinking about heading west on Wed. Tentative plans are to enter the back roads just north of Charlottesville VA then pick our way over the hills and mountains towards WV. Depending on how fast we go west will determine how far we go into WV. There will be some gravel and hard packed dirt roads but there are no plans for anything very challenging (mud or water). If anyone is interested let me know.
chs
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #13077
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,046
Thumb MOB MOVED.....but still lookin in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
I had to give the Richmond Commuter tag thread a bump.

Jeff, my wife had a great laugh and the Embalmers/Spa. She does have something of a ghoulish sense of humor though.
Getting settled in here in the Buckeye state, weather has been holding out for us so far, just an inch of snow since last week, and temps will be in the 40's today....
I felt like going to the embalmer's after this past weekend....man, getting old sucks, and moving 16k lbs of possessions , and trying to find mystery packages in the box managery is entertaining.... gotta go back to work soon.
Y'all play safe down there now....
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #13078
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
Getting settled in here in the Buckeye state, weather has been holding out for us so far, just an inch of snow since last week, and temps will be in the 40's today....
I felt like going to the embalmer's after this past weekend....man, getting old sucks, and moving 16k lbs of possessions , and trying to find mystery packages in the box managery is entertaining.... gotta go back to work soon.
Y'all play safe down there now....
MOB,

Need to change your tag / avatar............your way north of Richmond now............
Old 12-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #13079
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,088
[QUOTE=skychs;17506217I'm thinking about heading west on Wed.[/QUOTE]

What time do you plan on leaving? Are your plans to return to Richmond on Wednesday evening/night?
Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #13080
skychs
chuck smith

Wed Ride

Its just a day trip. Can be an overnight if you want it to. If we depart from the West End of Richmond around 9ish, give or take an hour, we can be back in the Richmond area by dinner.