ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2004, 09:25 PM   #136
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
strikingviking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Mazatlán
Oddometer: 2,808
I just came back for the doctor after two steady days of hollering, barfing and fever. Seems like I didn't have a kidney stone afterall. I have seven more on one side and one on the other. One of them is an inch and a half round.
Pain like you would not fucking believe. Going in the morning for emergency surgery. A scope up old johnson with some kind of laser gun to explode the little buggers. I said okay, as long as I'm able to ride in a few days. Now rescheduled for this Sunday.

No chance he says cause they got to leave some plastic wire drain hose up in my kidney to let the landslide flow. He said it could stay in for up to six months but had to be removed by a competent surgeon.
I'll be in Eastern Europe come October, How bout if I swing by Germany?
That's great, they invented this procedure. Done deal. I feel blessed this happened here instead Mongolia.
Wish me luck boys.
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:55 AM   #137
L.A.
Regular Guy™
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Oddometer: 1,305
Cheers!
__________________
'05 GS Adv. (Helga is her name)
IBA# 28348

"In their lifetimes, most people will never need a gun. Those that do will need one very badly."
- Gen. George A. Custer
L.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:20 AM   #138
bmwblake
upside down parker
 
bmwblake's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: nashville, tn
Oddometer: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking
No chance he says cause they got to leave some plastic wire drain hose up in my kidney to let the landslide flow. He said it could stay in for up to six months but had to be removed by a competent surgeon.
I'll be in Eastern Europe come October, How bout if I swing by Germany?
That's great, they invented this procedure. Done deal. I feel blessed this happened here instead Mongolia.
Wish me luck boys.
if i understand correctly you're going to be riding around asia and into europe with a plastic wire drain hose hanging out of your johnson!!!!
please tell me i'm not understanding this correctly.

best wishes with your health and travels. sounds like you might need it. sheesh. gutsy for sure.
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:50 AM   #139
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking
I just came back for the doctor after two steady days of hollering, barfing and fever. Seems like I didn't have a kidney stone afterall. I have seven more on one side and one on the other. One of them is an inch and a half round.
Pain like you would not fucking believe. Going in the morning for emergency surgery. A scope up old johnson with some kind of laser gun to explode the little buggers. I said okay, as long as I'm able to ride in a few days. Now rescheduled for this Sunday.

No chance he says cause they got to leave some plastic wire drain hose up in my kidney to let the landslide flow. He said it could stay in for up to six months but had to be removed by a competent surgeon.
I'll be in Eastern Europe come October, How bout if I swing by Germany?
That's great, they invented this procedure. Done deal. I feel blessed this happened here instead Mongolia.
Wish me luck boys.
Sounds painful but it beats having an Appendectomy! Hang in there!
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:59 AM   #140
imploded
Corporate Whore
 
imploded's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Boston
Oddometer: 314
Kick ass Glen, good luck with your trip and good luck with your Johnson..

to you

Cheers,

-Andrew
__________________
"I always cheer when an errant line drive is fouled into the crowd at Yankee Stadium. "54,999 to go!" I shout at the screen. Then Dukegirl makes me take my medication." -VespaFitz

"Remember kids, last person dead is a sissy"
imploded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:44 AM   #141
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,845
Glad to hear you are getting it handled.

Blake: if its like what I had - its a shunt just from the Kidney to the Bladder. The natural tube is only the diameter of a few hairs so stones bb+ size can get caught in it.

I've had a shunt put in once too.. it makes a difference. The "renal colluck fuck me I would rather be dead!" pain occurs when a stone (or chip of a stone - say like a jagged BB or pellet) gets caught in the tube between your kidney and bladder. It blocks flow so pressure builds and it literally cuts you from the inside (and you feel just that - like someone's razoring you from the inside). The shunt will help you pass the pieces from the kidney to the bladder without this happening. Once they're in your bladder yer cool.. You just might bleed now and then when they slice you taking a piss.

As for the something-scoptomy they are about to do you where they go up through your wee-wee with a scope & lazer (the diameter of your baby finger :eek: ) prepare yourself for a rough week. I had that done the first time I had stones when I was 19 years old living in Canada, and I still remember it like it was yesterday (14 years ago).

The good news is you'll get a shot of demrol on your way to the O.R and get a great feeling for a little while. But then...

The minute you wake up from anastesia you'll SWEAR you are pissing all over yourself because everything internally stretched and it feels like you are taking a really hard piss. I literally yelled "Nurse Help!" and passed back out. I woke up again a bit later and said "Nurse, help, I'm pissing all over myself" (laying in bed) and she said "check between your legs" and sure enough there was a urinal there and I wasn't peeing :) HOWEVER.. when I did finally piss I almost passed out. You know how it feels if you poor tequila on an open wound? Multiple that by 1000 and make the fire/burning sensation INSIDE.

Anyways.. For the next 2 weeks you'll be pissing fire and really uncomfortable. Brace yourself :)

On your trip it will be VERY important that you keep your water/fluid intake up. Confirm with your doctor but he'll probably want you to make sure you consume at least a gallon/day.. and drink lots of Cranberry Juice (it disolves them) :) If you can - get them to do a chemical composition on the stones and see what they are made of so you can reduce that in your diet (for example mine are calcium oxilate so I avoid things like peanut butter).

Best wishes, Best of luck!
Edward

p.s. No I'm not a physican - but I was married to one for 7 years and she educated me rather well during my last batch of stones :)

Geek screwed with this post 06-22-2004 at 11:56 AM
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #142
AntWare
Lost In Translation
 
AntWare's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Oddometer: 16,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
Glad to hear you are getting it handled.....
I'm sure your graphic, violent descriptions are reassuring him to no end
__________________
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family.
Choose a fucking big television.
Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows,
stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth.
Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home,
nothing more than an embarrasment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself.
Choose your future. Choose life.
I chose not to choose life, I chose something else instead.
AntWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:15 PM   #143
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
Glad to hear you are getting it handled.

Blake: if its like what I had - its a shunt just from the Kidney to the Bladder. The natural tube is only the diameter of a few hairs so stones bb+ size can get caught in it.

I've had a shunt put in once too.. it makes a difference. The "renal colluck fuck me I would rather be dead!" pain occurs when a stone (or chip of a stone - say like a jagged BB or pellet) gets caught in the tube between your kidney and bladder. It blocks flow so pressure builds and it literally cuts you from the inside (and you feel just that - like someone's razoring you from the inside). The shunt will help you pass the pieces from the kidney to the bladder without this happening. Once they're in your bladder yer cool.. You just might bleed now and then when they slice you taking a piss.

As for the something-scoptomy they are about to do you where they go up through your wee-wee with a scope & lazer (the diameter of your baby finger :eek: ) prepare yourself for a rough week. I had that done the first time I had stones when I was 19 years old living in Canada, and I still remember it like it was yesterday (14 years ago).

The good news is you'll get a shot of demrol on your way to the O.R and get a great feeling for a little while. But then...

The minute you wake up from anastesia you'll SWEAR you are pissing all over yourself because everything internally stretched and it feels like you are taking a really hard piss. I literally yelled "Nurse Help!" and passed back out. I woke up again a bit later and said "Nurse, help, I'm pissing all over myself" (laying in bed) and she said "check between your legs" and sure enough there was a urinal there and I wasn't peeing :) HOWEVER.. when I did finally piss I almost passed out. You know how it feels if you poor tequila on an open wound? Multiple that by 1000 and make the fire/burning sensation INSIDE.

Anyways.. For the next 2 weeks you'll be pissing fire and really uncomfortable. Brace yourself :)

On your trip it will be VERY important that you keep your water/fluid intake up. Confirm with your doctor but he'll probably want you to make sure you consume at least a gallon/day.. and drink lots of Cranberry Juice (it disolves them) :) If you can - get them to do a chemical composition on the stones and see what they are made of so you can reduce that in your diet (for example mine are calcium oxilate so I avoid things like peanut butter).

Best wishes, Best of luck!
Edward

p.s. No I'm not a physican - but I was married to one for 7 years and she educated me rather well during my last batch of stones :)
Sure it wasn't Gonorrhea ?
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:02 PM   #144
ktmnate
Beastly Adventurer
 
ktmnate's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Somewhere
Oddometer: 3,010
And the adventure starts...
ktmnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:50 PM   #145
Gerg
Cupcake
 
Gerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Left Coast
Oddometer: 8,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking
Just got back from hospital and yes all the above is true except they called it a stint as opposded to a shunt. Peeing is like fire and brimstone. Fuck it--Mongolia here I come.
Shit, after Columbia, this has got to be a cake walk

Good luck Glen

Gerg
__________________
Greg
OFFICIAL WARPED BEER MEISTER

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #146
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
strikingviking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Mazatlán
Oddometer: 2,808
Signed almost the full five thousand books.
Attached Images
 
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:08 PM   #147
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
strikingviking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Mazatlán
Oddometer: 2,808
Had a book signing Thursday and a nice going away party Friday. I think everyone is really just glad I'm going away.

I hope someone knows how to rotate this.
Attached Images
 
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:10 PM   #148
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
strikingviking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Mazatlán
Oddometer: 2,808
Setting up for satellite broadcasting.
Attached Images
 
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:11 PM   #149
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
strikingviking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Mazatlán
Oddometer: 2,808
Cool2

This TV gal was ultra-fine too.
Attached Images
 
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:53 PM   #150
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,739
Here ya go..
Attached Images
 
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014