Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #5536
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrmattaz
Glen, email sent.

Any chance I'll ever see (well......hear) your book on Audible.com?

I like someone else to read to me.
That's an interesting idea amigo and a real possibility considering a bigger publishing house is now negotiating to buy paperback rights for TWTT in order to go international. They have also mentioned a Spanish version.
strikingviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #5537
xrmattaz
sputum is my bread/butter

Oddometer: 3,205
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking
That's an interesting idea amigo and a real possibility considering a bigger publishing house is now negotiating to buy paperback rights for TWTT in order to go international. They have also mentioned a Spanish version.

The royalties from my suggestion can go to those in need.
'00 KLR (#6 since '88, keeping this one!)
'06 Road Glide
Coupla street legal quads, gotta love AZ!
'06 Gas Gas TXT300 Raga (gone...back surgeons fault)
Many many others since 1976, first 3 "cars" in my life were motorbikes.
xrmattaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #5538
tejano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
re:book

hola from mexico city. Is there anyway I could buy your book by depositing money into a mexican bank account. thnx
tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #5539
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano
hola from mexico city. Is there anyway I could buy your book by depositing money into a mexican bank account. thnx
Hola amigo. You can buy a book online from Amazon, Barnes and Noble or a signed copy off of my website www.strikingviking.net We all ship internationally. Saludos
Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #5540
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Finally some new book information:

The publisher not only agreed to include thirty two pages of color photographs but also bought the international paperback rights from White Horse Press. Seems like they are shooting for a major distribution around the world.

We are in the final stages of selecting a title and cover photo--with them preferring a title other than mine of One More Day Everywhere and also consider the bike and pyramid shot too touristy. I suggested polling readers so here's a few to choose from. Whoever comes up with the best title and/or cover pic will earn some sort of special prize like honorable mention or possibly a private copy of my Best of the Women of the World. (Birthday Suit Edition)
Old 11-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #5541
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 7,057
How about a new photo. I tried going through 69 pages of smugmug and...

If I could be the producer of a new shot, I'd have that girl you were using a few months ago- the one you shot a series of. Have her on the bike with it pointed into the distance, like into the sunset. Have her pants down just enough to see the top of her thong. Have her smiling as seductively as possible, you know, with that "come hither" look. Maybe she could be pointing at you, beaconing with a finger. You could be dressed to ride, with your bike dressed too- all geared up, holding your helmet and sun glasses. She'd be looking at you, and you'd be looking at the camera with a huge smirk. "Yep!" your smiling mug would be saying. "This is gonna be great!" your smirk would say. Her body would agree. Off in the distance you could have a road sign, the kind that gives names and directions to far-off places. "Timbuctu," "Katmandu," "Kilimangaro," "Ushuaia," and other exotic places. Above, have clouds lit by a brilliant sunset. Below, your bike is still pristine. Knobby tires, clean side cases, shiny exhaust. I'm not sure what would be better- an actual landscape to ride into, or to have a little collage, maybe of a campsite in front of a waterfall, a vista overlooking a deep desert canyon, your bike in the midst of a flock of goats or a herd of water bufalo.

Let me know if you want me to shoot it.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #5542
ywr969
Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer: 658
Thumb

so many good photos... but i think a panoramic shot, with you & your bike as tiny participants, would be good.
in that regard, i like: 322, 385, 419 (with some brightening), 616, 670, 708, 712, 882, 893, 930, 931, 983, 999, 1059, 1071, 1084, 1090, 1101-1103, 1111, 1174, 1232.
there ya go.

2005 Husqvarna TE-510
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."
ywr969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #5543
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

For the cover, the marketing department wants the bike and author in an exotic setting, preferably with costumed locals--a very tall order since I took all my own photos. Me thinks that there's going to be some combos and overlays.

The title has to say what the book/story is about, which is basically what I discovered along the way by experiencing so many locals debunking media myths: Governments may not get along but people do. This thought has to be rephrased into a catchy title. Although scoring a little tail along the way was an interesting byproduct of the journey, this was not written about nor the primary theme.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #5544
ywr969
Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer: 658
Laugh

for a title, how about this variation on a local theme here on ADVrider:

Earth First, I'll Ride the Other Planets Later

2005 Husqvarna TE-510
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."
ywr969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #5545
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,568
I hate to borrow somebody else's words without asking first, but Metaljockey summed it up pretty well with his Angola ride report.

Earth, It's Not LIke They Said It Is

I don't have a particular picture in mind to go with it. I would have to look through the selections first, but something with Arabs would be my first inclination.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO

Skyclad screwed with this post 11-13-2008 at 02:55 PM
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #5546
strikingviking OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad
Earth, It's Not LIke They Said It Is
This was also a suggestion from the marketing department except they just said, It's Not Like They Claimed. This is all on the right track though.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #5547
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,568
Scratch my picture with Arabs idea.

The shot of you alone during the sunrise (picture 396) is great. It conveys contemplation about all that you have learned while looking out over a foreign landscape.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #5548
Scoop
runs with scissors

Oddometer: 297
OK, the choices of pics should be:
175; 298; 584; 999. With the top 2:
385;

1102:

And you already have the title: EarthRide.

And you truly are inspirational!! Keep it up, can't wait for EarthRide to come out.

Oh ya, and I'm gunning hard for the Birthday Suit book!

"....you can't sacrifice the dead" -----Jonnylotto

We are unable to imagine nothing, therefore we must imagine something.

Scoop screwed with this post 11-13-2008 at 06:08 PM
Scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:45 AM   #5549
jritch
Wana B

Oddometer: 11
I got your book Glen, it what an amazing story!!
So well written, one of my favorite parts was "Attack" when you were on your way down in Mexico. Your a poet!

Any chance I can get those passwords? I tried every combination I could think of.
jritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #5550
RMac
Cheese!

Oddometer: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikingviking
The publisher not only agreed to include thirty two pages of color photographs but also bought the international paperback rights from White Horse Press. Seems like they are shooting for a major distribution around the world.

We are in the final stages of selecting a title and cover photo--with them preferring a title other than mine of One More Day Everywhere and also consider the bike and pyramid shot too touristy. I suggested polling readers so here's a few to choose from. Whoever comes up with the best title and/or cover pic will earn some sort of special prize like honorable mention or possibly a private copy of my Best of the Women of the World. (Birthday Suit Edition)
Another Day in Paradise

here's the cover photo:

RMac is offline   Reply With Quote