Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #46
rdcyclist
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by openboatt
[edit]... I simply told you why I won't, [/edit]
Actually, you didn't exactly say why you wouldn't. We've only attempted to figger it out by your crap response to Mr Ventura. Like many of the others on here, I've bought many a tire from Blaine online and had the pleasure to meet Blaine on a trip to Dallas and needed tires midtrip.

So are you going to actually man up and let us REALLY know your problem with SWmototire or just keep us in suspense...
rdcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #47
raysuf
Lost

Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:

And to you discerning buyers, you folks who've looked in and observed the fun, think about who you want to do business with.

What business are you in?

I don't want to make the same mistake as Blaine.
http://raysuf.smugmug.com/

Save $5 on your smugmug subscription with this coupon Ti6DylUyt31Zg
raysuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #48
Django Loco
Banned

Oddometer: 3,785
{Blaine at SW Moto tires wrote:
WE have been in business since Jan 1 of 2000 and have never sold, or given away any customer information. We do not store your information for future orders nor do we email you for sales or other crap. We did not solicit your business this time nor will we in the future. YOu found us, not the other way around.If you are as good as we are then you do not have to seek out business, it will find you. If you want us again , we will still be here. You will only hear from us if we hear from you first.
Thanks for your order and have a merry Christmas which is a day of celebration of the Birth of Christ.

blaine }

Quote:
I'm humbled by the response to this post. 40+ responses, but better yet, over 1400 views. Now that's impressive! That's bounce! I never expected it to live this long, but thanks to you guys, it's still on the front page.

And to you discerning buyers, you folks who've looked in and observed the fun, think about who you want to do business with.
In the meantime, Merry Xmas (that's for you, Ventura Co). obt PS I'll check back in in a few days to see how things are going!
I guess I'm the only one to agree with you on this. I would not have cancelled the order but I might not order there based on the Smart Ass and RUDE response from "Blaine". Is this Jack Ass really the owner of SW tires? Jeesus, what a jerk. Funny? Sarcastic? Really?
I did not see that in his email at all. What I saw was the inappropriate reprimanding of a paying customer .... which is just bad business.

Some of you guys seem to know Blaine in person and think he's great. Based on a my business experience Blaine acted like an ASS. He has no idea how to treat a customer ..... YES ... you have to kiss their ASS and be nice even when the customer is over the top and wrong.

Ever dealt with New Enough? Now that is a good company that treats people right. Always. Even crazy people.

I've dealt with dozens of on-line companies for years and have never seen such an inappropriate response .... especially from the owner of the company!

An adding the religious scolding as some sort of Hell and Damnation reminder at the end was really really dumb. It's pretty common knowledge in business to leave your religious fanaticism at the door.

What I'm wondering is if possibly the OP is not telling us everything.
Could there be MORE back and forth between Blaine and Openboat, the OP?. Sure seems like it to me. But even the quoted email text is just plain wrong and not how pros treat customers.

As someone on this thread stated, Blaine could have simply
said ".... no, we don't share info. Thanks for your order, Merry Christmas." Leave the polemics out.

The part about "we do not seek your business" and "you sought us out" . This is just the stupidest frickin' thing you could ever say. The guy must of had a really really bad day.
Django Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:08 AM   #49
sleazy rider
Squidly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Loco
He has no idea how to treat a customer ..... YES ... you have to kiss their ASS and be nice even when the customer is over the top and wrong.
Mmm, no, you don't have to kiss any idiot's ass in retail. Those are the folks that end up costing you money every time no matter how hard you try to take care of them. Show 'em the door and continue to provide great service to those that actually pay the bills. Word of mouth will override the loudmouth asses that think the world owes them everything for free.

And yes, I speak from several years of experience doing just that.

And yes, I frequently buy from SWMoto tires. The man knows his business and I wish him well in retirement.
--Tom IBA #41627
Blog
sleazy rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #50
Jim Bud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,439
Just placed my order yesterday .......

Needed new skins for 1150gs.....placed the order on 12-26 and within hours, it was shipped for free..... might even show up today.....

I have ordered from them for the last few years...and the service is always prompt and friendly.......whether I order on the web or on the phone.....

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character......give him power".....Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #51
bete
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
If Blaine was as thin skined as the OP. he would have just refused the order, insted he recognized the guy for for what he was and poked him with a stick, and got the resolts he wanted. Sometimes you just have to. bete.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #52
Desert Dave
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,564
I talked with Blaine back when they still had a phone # you could call a few times, an he doesn't talk to you like a customer, but more like a fellow rider. In other words he doesn't feel a need to do the salesman "customer is always right" kiss -ass attitude. I respect the honesty, and even the sarcasm. Basically he let me know how little he really makes on tires after shipping, and I would guess he knows that we will come back for the prices and fast service, and loseing a single order isn't a big deal.

Remember when most motorcycle dealerships were like this? I miss that. Most seem like car salesman now days with big smiles, mission statements an fast talking. Maybe that's a better business model, but as a customer I'd rather know where I really stand.

Oh, and I just ordered 3 tires from them last Sunday and they arrived on Tuesday at a price no one will beat. Southwest could put an "ADVriders suck!" banner on their home page and I'd still order from them.....just business when all is said an done.

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:48 AM   #53
RockyRaccoon
Found:Gideon's Bible

Oddometer: 57,764
Laugh SW Moto

Looks like we can add secure, discreet and cheeky to fast, accurate and cheap.

“It is a far, far better thing to have a firm anchor in nonsense than to put out on the troubled seas of thought.” -- John Kenneth Galbraith
RockyRaccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #54
Django Loco
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazy rider
Mmm, no, you don't have to kiss any idiot's ass in retail. Those are the folks that end up costing you money every time no matter how hard you try to take care of them. Show 'em the door and continue to provide great service to those that actually pay the bills. Word of mouth will override the loudmouth asses that think the world owes them everything for free.
I don't agree. When you "show 'em the door" it doesn't end there, as shown in this very thread. That "idiot" customer you've rudely shown the door now goes out and makes it his life's work to RUIN YOU AND YOUR REPUTATION.

In the case at hand, it would have been SO EASY for Blaine to be civil, friendly and even funny .... but NOT at the customers expense.
The guy was just plain wrong.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #55
Django Loco
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dave
he doesn't talk to you like a customer, but more like a fellow rider. In other words he doesn't feel a need to do the salesman "customer is always right" kiss -ass attitude.
I understand what your saying here, but the transaction in question was all via the net/emai, not an in-person deal. Bit different.

Also, I do not agree with your "kiss Ass" analysis. You don't have to Kiss Ass to deliver decent customer service. Just be polite, competent and to the point, and leave the religious references OUT. Not many enjoy being preached to or reprimanded for making a simple request.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #56
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 8,013
Blaine's an asshat.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #57
kenaroo
I am because i ride

Oddometer: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
Blaine's an asshat.
+1

I'm still trying to figure out what he is bitchen about..

Here's my take of the transaction gone wrong....

(Blaine)Hey buddy..here's my order....but don't sell my information
(SWMOTO)Hey Dude..were professional..... I won't

(Blaine)Fine.. if your going to sell my information.. I want my money back.

(SWMOTO)Dude.. I'm not selling your information..but.. if you want.. here's your money back..,.Merry Christmas

(Blaine)Hey buddy.. with that tone I'm going tell everyone that I requested my money back and will never do business with you again.

What is the issue here???

The answer... the customer is NOT always right....

Move along

what does your garage look like
http://www.garage-interiors.com

kenaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #58
AZuwere
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
Oh WAA WAA! Blaine, like all business owners can do what the hell he wants. If you don't like it, by from the foreign-owned chain store down the road. The mamby-pamby victimized world is getting old. Now go by an AK while you still can and take out a mall or something.

And here is a new tire order hot line for those offended by honesty or the word "Christmas" 1-800-ASS-KISS. Sorry to hear Blaine is getting out of the business.
'09 Vespa GTS 250

AZuwere screwed with this post 12-27-2008 at 11:59 AM
AZuwere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #59
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by boejangles
I could see Blaine saying that, he's too funny

+1 Blaine is a hoot.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #60
screwit
One more time

Oddometer: 848
Thumb >

I bought tires from Blaine when he was in Las Cruces. Went to Mexico a couple times with him and Tim on rides. Won't find a better guy anywhere. Watched him ride a wheelie down main street in Caborca, MX.
He's a funny guy with a good sense of humor who thinks life is too short to waste time dealing with dipshits. The wiser (older) I get I feel the same way.

Enjoy retirement Blaine
screwit is offline   Reply With Quote