User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #76
azgsa
Apathetic

Oddometer: 1,296
Inappropriate response

Customers request wasn't out of line, maybe a bit anal, but reasonable. IMO Blaine at SWM took the customer's request personally and responded on a defensive manor. Injecting the Christmas/Christ stuff was just icing on the defensive/sarcastic cake. I can see why a customer would take offense to it. Sounds like Blaine values his freedom of response over appropriateness of response.

I've bought tires from SWM a couple of times in the past and called once to ask a question. The response was a bit terse but I bought anyway since the tires were the best price I could find at the time, however I just bought a set of new Tourance's for my GSA and found a better rpice at motorcyclesuperstore.com.

Just sayin'
Old 01-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #77
DOD
idiot dirt rider

Oddometer: 2,121
I place an order and the tires show up the next day. Once I ordered three and only two showed. The third showed the following day (his mistake so no shipping charge). Questions are answered in a timely manner. What more could you ask for? I wish everybody was this easy to deal with.

-dod
Old 01-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #78
Rad
Just me

Oddometer: 12,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by openboatt

WE have been in business since Jan 1 of 2000 and have never sold, or given away any customer information. We do not store your information for future orders nor do we email you for sales or other crap. We did not solicit your business this time nor will we in the future. YOu found us, not the other way around.If you are as good as we are then you do not have to seek out business, it will find you. If you want us again , we will still be here. You will only hear from us if we hear from you first.

Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #79
tjhess74
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenaroo
+1

I'm still trying to figure out what he is bitchen about..

Here's my take of the transaction gone wrong....

(Blaine)Hey buddy..here's my order....but don't sell my information
(SWMOTO)Hey Dude..were professional..... I won't

(Blaine)Fine.. if your going to sell my information.. I want my money back.

(SWMOTO)Dude.. I'm not selling your information..but.. if you want.. here's your money back..,.Merry Christmas

(Blaine)Hey buddy.. with that tone I'm going tell everyone that I requested my money back and will never do business with you again.

What is the issue here???

The answer... the customer is NOT always right....

Move along
ummm, dude, you got it wrong...blaine is swmoto! he owns the joint (or did)! substitute the name 'blaine' in your converstation with the name 'openboatt', who is the op, and you will have gotten it correct.

why did no one else catch that?!

yes you can show problem customers the door. most of the complaining troublesome types are usually delinquents or brokeasses anyway, looking for somekind of discount or special treatment to break the monotony of thier boring lives. if you have a necessary product, awesome prices, good customer service (product as delivered-who cares about attitude?!), and arent too 'corporate' then you can do what your heart feels like.

the customer is NOT always right,and seldom are. todays, 'you cant offend anybody' attitude is going to be our downfall. hurting peoples feelings and letting them know that they are wrong and stupid is the only way to better oneself! how can you correct yourself if you dont know youre wrong?!

openboatt can take his cash elsewhere, as is his right. but imo, his reasoning is alittle over the top and he should be pissed off at his panty vendor instead...as they apperently are selling him a size too small.

my goal is to see how many gallons of dead dinosaurs i can send through my bike.

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
Concours Owners Group #8904

2008 Yamaha FZ6-Black

Iron Butt Association #30337
tjhess74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #80
Dave2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
SW Moto is the best. I'll be ordering two (or more) tires this month. The previous 5 or so sets from SW Moto were always the best price and always arrived promptly.

K1200RS 04
KLR 650 08
Dave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #81
racer 07
Lock & Load

Oddometer: 689
Thumb Sw Moto

SWmoto rocks! You have to meet Blaine to get it. He's just a no bs person and a hell of a motorcycle rider. Won his class in Baja more than once. Even gave me a t-shirt on my first purchase. WhooHooo Just my.02 Racer07 You must have thick skin to be an adventure rider.
racer 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #82
tjhess74
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
not all negative experiences where the person gripes results in less business...just look at this forum! if someone who had no idea about swmoto read this, do you think they would walk away thinking swmoto was a bad company or do you think they would go place an order and expect great prices and fast shipping??? i know which one i would bet on!!!

my goal is to see how many gallons of dead dinosaurs i can send through my bike.

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
Concours Owners Group #8904

2008 Yamaha FZ6-Black

Iron Butt Association #30337
tjhess74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #83
DOD
idiot dirt rider

Oddometer: 2,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhess74
...and he should be pissed off at his panty vendor instead...as they apperently are selling him a size too small.

-dod
Old 01-10-2009, 01:11 AM   #84
Dave JP
BRP Rider

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhess74
ummm, dude, you got it wrong...blaine is swmoto! he owns the joint (or did)! substitute the name 'blaine' in your converstation with the name 'openboatt', who is the op, and you will have gotten it correct.

why did no one else catch that?!
I caught it, but understand Kenaroo speak.

Dave
Dave JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #85
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 785
Kinda sounds like "soup nazi syndrome". Quality, price, straightforwardness, but no free bread if you test the proprietor's patience.
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #86
disconnected
ultra runner

Oddometer: 6,206
I dont understand whey there is some much defense here. SW is in Sales, and he came accross very arrogant.. I have ordered many tires from SW, but come on guys, he is a retailer and came accross rude, I bet all of you have more brains then that...

get real..

who has not worked in retail here, imagine if you acted so arrogant, I guarentee you would lose customers or your job..

greg
Old 01-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #87
disconnected
ultra runner

Oddometer: 6,206
ps, dennis kirk has the best tires prices, there quick and not rude..
Old 01-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #88
Craiger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
I had never ordered from SW Moto before I saw this thread. I was so offended by his coments that I ordered two rear and one front TKC's. Great price and fast shipping... I don't need my ass kissed by a saleman, I just want good prices and fast shipping, to me actions speak louder than words. Thanks SW Moto
Craiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #89
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,365
Just a quick comment and question.

I've ordered lots of tires from SW and always had great service.

Is Blaine still in business? Website looks the same.
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #90
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by openboatt
WE have been in business since Jan 1 of 2000 and have never sold, or given away any customer information. We do not store your information for future orders nor do we email you for sales or other crap. We did not solicit your business this time nor will we in the future. YOu found us, not the other way around.If you are as good as we are then you do not have to seek out business, it will find you. If you want us again , we will still be here. You will only hear from us if we hear from you first.

I don't see any sarcasm there, just a statement of policy. openboatt asked, Blaine responded. Maybe a little more than the requisite "We never sell or give away customers' information." but he told him straight out what his policy is. BTW, I fully agree with the comment, from whom I don't recall, that openboatt needs to wash the sand from his mangina.

BTW, openboatt has not responded yet, that I can see, to the question what particular part of Blaine's response led to his canceling his order.

86 Concours
90K75RT

Non Illegitimi Carborundum

Save $5.00 when you sign up for Smugmug. Use coupon code: vqfl6p4wLXH7s
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote