ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #1531
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Oddometer: 1,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8
I am in for the 5th ride Don't care where we eat, bringing an atlas of VA and some colored pencils I don't want to be in charge of anything on the trip, I am just following along...I do like to sleep under the stars though and will pitch a tent when and where I can....that's my only input and twisty, dirty roads of course
You had me at twisty.

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:08 AM   #1532
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

Oddometer: 860
Yup, it looks like we will have a nice little group for Saturday. As far as where to grab lunch / hold our Smokies meeting, Jeb's had crossed my mind, as well. I just happened to be looking at my VA atlas, and Waverly and Wakefield just kind of jumped out at me, so my mind went to the Va Diner. Doesn't really matter to me where we go. Anybody else prefer to visit Jeb's on Saturday vice the Diner?

PS: Though I am a believer in democracy, once we firm up our plans for the Smokies, there will be a shift away from democracy (can't make everybody happy all the time) towards a benevolent dictatorship!

Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:40 AM   #1533
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

The Weather

By the way, the weather is shaping up to make this a REAL ADVENTURE trip!

Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #1534
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Yea, it's all fine with me, it's just that the few times I stopped by the diner (weekends), I was always told it was a half hour wait to be seated, naturally I went on my way and found something else. But I'm game for anything. Now 0700 at the Waffee house, OK I'll stop bitching, and see want time Upst8 wants to meet at Lowes.
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #1535
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind
Yup, it looks like we will have a nice little group for Saturday. As far as where to grab lunch / hold our Smokies meeting, Jeb's had crossed my mind, as well. I just happened to be looking at my VA atlas, and Waverly and Wakefield just kind of jumped out at me, so my mind went to the Va Diner. Doesn't really matter to me where we go. Anybody else prefer to visit Jeb's on Saturday vice the Diner?

PS: Though I am a believer in democracy, once we firm up our plans for the Smokies, there will be a shift away from democracy (can't make everybody happy all the time) towards a benevolent dictatorship!
F*** that! RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!!
dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #1536
stoked steve
Tag-o-holic

Oddometer: 647
The deals keep popping up and I'm broke!

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1490510343.html
Old 12-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #1537
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,367
yep and a newer drz 400 for $1700 too.
That xr looks really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked steve
The deals keep popping up and I'm broke!

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/1490510343.html
B.E. Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #1538
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

Acknowledged My Infirmity

OK guys, I gave in and bought a heated pair of Tourmaster Textile gloves. Installed the wiring harness a little bit ago, and tried on the heat for giggles and grins - I felt a little bit within a few seconds. I guess the real test will come on Saturday....

Decided to go with the Tourmaster vice the Gerbings because I could get the Tourmasters at Cycle Gear for a hundred bucks, and they include the wiring harness for the battery, a long split cable for rigging into a jacket and down the arms, an additional v-splitter, and a heat controller. The Gerbings would have run me close to three hundred for all that, and after my lapse a couple of weeks ago and springing for an insane amount for a jacket and pants, I remembered I am a KLR rider, and hence, CHEAP!

Anyways, I am now a proud member of the elctro-heat club!

Old 12-02-2009, 05:18 AM   #1539
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

The ever-changing weather predictions

I didn't like the weather guessers predictions for Saturday, up until just now - the latest SWAG is sunny with temps in the 50s.

Now, to the controversy of where we are going to do lunch.......After much deliberation, judiciously weighing the pros and cons, blah blah blahblah blah blah blah, let's do Jeb's.

And what's wrong with 0700 at the Waffle House? Meeting earlier would simply mean we get to Velocity while they are still closed!

Old 12-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #1540
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind
I didn't like the weather guessers predictions for Saturday, up until just now - the latest SWAG is sunny with temps in the 50s.

Now, to the controversy of where we are going to do lunch.......After much deliberation, judiciously weighing the pros and cons, blah blah blahblah blah blah blah, let's do Jeb's.

And what's wrong with 0700 at the Waffle House? Meeting earlier would simply mean we get to Velocity while they are still closed!
Earlier!!!!!!!!! your pulling my leg of course, my old bones are still stiff at 0700. Richmond's only 2 hours away, not unless your taking the Roger route, every back road known to man and goats, then it'll be 4-5 hours. Anyway I'm just following...............OK see ya at WH at 0800
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:23 AM   #1541
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

Lobbying the Virginia General Assembly

I am seriously considering going to Richmond January 17 and 18 to actively support the lobbying effort of the Virginia Coalition of Motorcyclists to the Virginia General Assembly.

Tom McGrath's law group is the spearhead for this organization, and though most lawyers I know slither instead of walk, Mr. McGrath, to the best of my knowledge, has done very well in looking out for us, the common biker. It was Tom McGrath who successfully lobbied for motorcyclists to be able to use the HOVs in Virginia, for example!

Anyways, if you are interested, pm me your e-mail address, and I will forward you a memo regarding this event.

Remember, people died fighting for our freedom. In this day and time of power hungry narcissistic politicians leading ignorant and willing sheep, some of us who relish and appreciate freedom at least need to speak up!

PS: I do not necessarily agree with all matters proposed by the lobbyists, but by God, I certainly will lend my voice to the issues I do support.

PS #2: Answer this question to yourself - who represents you in the General Assembly? Who's your delegate, who's your senate guy? How long do they serve? How do they vote? How do you vote?

I'm off my soapbox.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #1542
UpST8
turnin gas to noise

Oddometer: 7,027
Tommy, I can meet you at Lowe's at 0530...it may takes us sometime to get to the wafflehouse and I don't want to be late ....nnaaahhh..how bout 0630? That'll give plenty of time and I would like to chow down prior to kickstands up

Thanks for the info TWK, it is important and I am one of the guilty sheep...ignorance is bliss kind of thingy PM Sent.

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #1543
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8
Tommy, I can meet you at Lowe's at 0530...it may takes us sometime to get to the wafflehouse and I don't want to be late ....nnaaahhh..how bout 0630? That'll give plenty of time and I would like to chow down prior to kickstands up

Thanks for the info TWK, it is important and I am one of the guilty sheep...ignorance is bliss kind of thingy PM Sent.
Might head out with you guys too if that is alright.
B.E. Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #1544
UpST8
turnin gas to noise

Oddometer: 7,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote
Might head out with you guys too if that is alright.
Absolutely not!

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #1545
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Oddometer: 1,657
Well, I won't be able to make the ride with you fellas, but I wouldn't mind eating lunch at this "Jeb's" place everyone rave's about.

What time do you guys plan on getting there?

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote