ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #17506
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Remember seeing it when I help you unload. Probably just going to go ahead and order one. $22 bucks and free shipping seems pretty reasonable.

Cheers Ken
feel free to stop in. I do need someone to ride the bike for me. I haven't even started it since the incident. I'd like to know if anything is wrong with the bike now. That way, I can start ordering stuff, and i can have it all fixed up whenever I'm allowed to ride again.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #17507
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
feel free to stop in. I do need someone to ride the bike for me. I haven't even started it since the incident. I'd like to know if anything is wrong with the bike now. That way, I can start ordering stuff, and i can have it all fixed up whenever I'm allowed to ride again.
Will do man! I am out of town this weekend for a big ole family shin dig. Will see about getting over next week. Maybe I can bring Momma and the boy over so you and yours can have some entertainment while I take a little spin.
hooliken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #17508
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Will do man! I am out of town this weekend for a big ole family shin dig. Will see about getting over next week. Maybe I can bring Momma and the boy over so you and yours can have some entertainment while I take a little spin.
Absolutely, Sam loves company!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #17509
poondangle
Slow

Anybody got a recommendation for a quick access biometric gun safe? I just need something for a couple of pistols, the long guns are already taken care of.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #17510
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,572
Tire Pressure

I got a question about tire pressure for dual sport tires on the street. I guess question is like an oil question. So instead of experimenting on my own I looking for a starting point.

The XR250L I got came with Perelli MT44 on front and a Bridge stone TW302 out back. They both had 9 psig when I got it and road it on the street . I used to running tires up high over 30 psig. Is 9 psig too low. The wall of these tires seem lots stiffer than street tires. I thinking they still should be about 15 psig or higher. Maybe 25 psig if exclusively road and drop for dirt weekends.

Oh I can start riding but no off road for a few months.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #17511
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
I got a question about tire pressure for dual sport tires on the street. I guess question is like an oil question. So instead of experimenting on my own I looking for a starting point.

The XR250L I got came with Perelli MT44 on front and a Bridge stone TW302 out back. They both had 9 psig when I got it and road it on the street . I used to running tires up high over 30 psig. Is 9 psig too low. The wall of these tires seem lots stiffer than street tires. I thinking they still should be about 15 psig or higher. Maybe 25 psig if exclusively road and drop for dirt weekends.

This trouble with running low pressures on the street is heat build up in the tire and tube, which eventually does damage. 9 is really low, even off road for DS in my opinion.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #17512
nxdirtbag
Commuter Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
I am no expert and kind of a noob/stalker on this thread. But generally I run about 15 on dirt and 25 on street in my XR400. It's never exact in my bikes, and adjustments might be necessary for different terrain to get the best traction. For limited casual trail riding, I leave the 25 in since I would ride the road back home. I am sure some others have this down to a better science, but that is my rule of thumb.

I had a Honda 250 many years ago and loved it. Hope you enjoy it.

Quote:

My friend Pilo's adventure book
nxdirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #17513
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 785
Biker128pedal,
Do you have rim locks? You can go a bit lower if you have them.
But 9 PSI is really low even if you had rim lock in my opinion.

I never really lower my pressure on my tires. I just set it, and forget it.

I guess I don't really lower the air pressure because I want to avoid bent rims? Too low a pressure running Big Levels or some of those rock gardens and I'm sure some damage could occur.

Great news about being able to ride again!

dljocky screwed with this post 08-23-2013 at 07:26 AM
dljocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #17514
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

No rim locks. I figured nine was too low. I try 30 By thanks I don't want to dent a rim.

Wee Strommin along.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #17515
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
No rim locks. I figured nine was too low. I try 30 By thanks I don't want to dent a rim.
I'm scared to drop below 15 without rim locks. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't get a warm fuzzy below that.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #17516
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,640
Greetings my brothers & sisters to the south east. I'm trying to put together a RTE in the coming weeks near the Charlottesville area. Usually most of the RTE are in the NOVA area, and a bit far for you guys, but with this one being a bit closer, I figured I'd post up here and remind y'all that you're most welcome to join us if you can make it. You can find the details HERE.

Cheers!

My Ride Reports.
XC Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #17517
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

I picked up some Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout fro. Farm Fresh this afternoon. Made with Rappahannock River Oysters.

Wee Strommin along.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #17518
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,090
dr 350

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/4021511775.html
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #17519
DAAANG
LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer: 1,565
Just a reminder:

Cycle Worlds Open House is today from 11-5PM. Free food/drinks, free state inspections, half off oil changes, bikini bike wash until 1PM with FM99 Rock Girls, raffles, and a slow race with free prizes.

Should be a lot of fun. Stop by if you get a chance!
*Warning:Riding with me may result in you starring in your own crash video.
Sales and Marketing Manager at Cycle World V.B.
DAAANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #17520
Sinbad2
XRR Jockey

Oddometer: 28
[QUOTE=biker128pedal;22167032]I picked up some Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout fro. Farm Fresh this afternoon. Made with Rappahannock River Oysters.

Thanks, looking forward to trying that beer. I guess Total Wine will carry it.

Check out the Rockwell equipment video below. It just might be the system we need for our garages! (And, the tasty beer would probably compliment the system too. It's a re-post from XR thread). Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w
Sinbad2 is offline   Reply With Quote