ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #17701
DAAANG
LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Yes sir she is the 6 speed. Had 14/50 on it when I bought it, but after much googlin it sounded like the 14/52 was more suited to my type of riding.

Would love to hit DN in the AM.....but.....after two straight days sequestered in the garage..... I am sure "The Boss" has other plans for me....

Said Boss is going out of town next Friday night and back Saturday. So next Sunday should be a distinct possibility. I believe I read that there is parking near DN?
Safest to park at the food lion about a half mile away and ride the moto to the trail.
*Warning:Riding with me may result in you starring in your own crash video.
Sales and Marketing Manager at Cycle World V.B.
DAAANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #17702
DeedsyDragon
Moto Dragon

Oddometer: 116
This might be a bit of a longshot, but is there anyone in the VaBeach area who'd be willing to help me rebuild the front forks on my VFR800? I am looking for someone who really knows what they're doing. I don't have many tools or suspension know-how, and as always, working on a budget. I want to throw in new springs and valves from Race Tech, and while we're at it, set up the suspension for me. I can pay in beers and/or money. My other option is to buy a pair of used forks off Ebay and send them off to some suspension experts to do their witchcraft. Also, I can't go without the bike for more than two days. PM me if you're interested.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #17703
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeedsyDragon View Post
This might be a bit of a longshot, but is there anyone in the VaBeach area who'd be willing to help me rebuild the front forks on my VFR800? I am looking for someone who really knows what they're doing. I don't have many tools or suspension know-how, and as always, working on a budget. I want to throw in new springs and valves from Race Tech, and while we're at it, set up the suspension for me. I can pay in beers and/or money. My other option is to buy a pair of used forks off Ebay and send them off to some suspension experts to do their witchcraft. Also, I can't go without the bike for more than two days. PM me if you're interested.

I have done the same on a few bikes with good results and have the race tech suspension bible and some suspension tools. You are more than welcome to borrow the book and or tools.

A good suspension is 10x more valuable than extra hp and a quality suspension shop might be worth the money, but if you don't find an expert and want to give it a go on your own I will do what I can to help.

B.E. Coyote screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 04:51 AM
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #17704
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeedsyDragon View Post
Get the factory service and RT manuals and go for it man. You can really on screw them up but so bad......

I just did a set of springs and fork oil change and that part of it is not that complicated. Curious to see what all is involved with revalving. After getting into the 450 forks I am sure a more throrough rebuild is not to far off.
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #17705
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Got out for a little dirt road/pavement blitz this morning. This thing is a blast to ride and the RFS motor really can play tractor when you need it.

Does feel that the bars a little tweaked. Anybody have a tried and true method for telling if your bars are bent?

Cheers Ken
Old 09-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #17706
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
A good suspension is 10x more valuable than extra hp and a quality suspension shop might be worth the money.
This x100.

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #17707
stoked steve
Tag-o-holic

Oddometer: 619
On the way to and home from the beach today I saw a sweet little Kawasaki Ninja 250 out in someone's front yard along with some other yard sale stuff.

Went back and checked it out, a little nicer than I was hoping, but it would make a great little starter or wifey bike.

2007 Ninja 250 (S,R?) with only 1,350 miles! Not a scratch on it, he's hoping to get 2k for it and it's worth it. Light grey color, full belly fairing, original owner, original tires, sweet little bike.

Located on Indian River Road, about .5 miles east of Courthouse Estates neighborhood heading toward Sandbridge.

Didn't think to take an actual pic, duh!

It's just like this one...

stoked steve screwed with this post 09-08-2013 at 01:12 PM
stoked steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #17708
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

He's going to continue to hope to get $2,000 out of it. Regardless of the fact that it's in good shape with low miles, you'll be lucky to get $1,500.

Great bikes though. Especially as a learner. Learn maneuvering, learn traffic awareness at speed, and learn carb cleaning.

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
Old 09-09-2013, 04:29 AM   #17709
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Anyone Need Furniture?

For Sale: Microfiber Love Seat
Seats: 2
Wheelbase: 40"
Weight: 1.23 Hookers
Hitpoints: 500+
Microfiber Love Seat can be used with Microfiber Sofa or Microfiber Recliner to inflict 4x damage against Living Room or 6x damage against Den.

Microfiber Love Seat is immune to attacks by Water Nymph and Dog Hair Goblin. Weakness against Wine Yeti, Beer Spider and Blood Orc.

Forged in the depths of Mordor, one Love Seat to bind them, one Love Seat to rule them all. For he who controls the Love Seat will rule all the land, except for that which lies beyond the narrow door where this won't fit.

======

Buy my Love Seat. I no longer neat it. If you ask me nice, and live in the Hampton Roads area, I'll probably even deliver it for you. There are no stains on this love seat, no rips, and does not smell of smoke or anything else besides "house". The pillows are missing the buttons (thanks to an old roommate's girlfriend who washed them), but as you can see, the holes have not torn or expanded.

$150 takes it. I can deliver if needed, but let's face it... I'd rather not. Who likes moving furniture? Certainly not me. But I'll probably do it if you ask nicely.

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
Old 09-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #17710
DAAANG
LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked steve View Post
On the way to and home from the beach today I saw a sweet little Kawasaki Ninja 250 out in someone's front yard along with some other yard sale stuff.

Went back and checked it out, a little nicer than I was hoping, but it would make a great little starter or wifey bike.

2007 Ninja 250 (S,R?) with only 1,350 miles! Not a scratch on it, he's hoping to get 2k for it and it's worth it. Light grey color, full belly fairing, original owner, original tires, sweet little bike.

Located on Indian River Road, about .5 miles east of Courthouse Estates neighborhood heading toward Sandbridge.

Didn't think to take an actual pic, duh!

It's just like this one...

I rode by that twice yesterday. I too thought about stopping by to see how much. I agree with Krau though... no way on $2k.
*Warning:Riding with me may result in you starring in your own crash video.
Sales and Marketing Manager at Cycle World V.B.
DAAANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #17711
Beaniman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
I'm looking to carpool with someone up to the shen500 still! Is anyone with a trailer still looking for someone to split gas & such? I'll ride my wr250 up there if I have to... My wife bakes and I'll sweeten the deal with her goodies ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
Beaniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #17712
nuggets
Fries with that?

Oddometer: 1,660
So this question is a little embarrassing...

So, uhhh..... does anyone know how to clean up neglected chrome?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #17713
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,162
cheap and you can get it at Lowe's

http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/chrome
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #17714
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Hit 30k on the Dakar this afternoon.

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
Old 09-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #17715
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggets View Post
So this question is a little embarrassing...

So, uhhh..... does anyone know how to clean up neglected chrome?
Polish it like Grandma's silverware............................