ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #17806
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,606
So headed over to Cycle Gear on Little Creek after picking up my forks from CW. Big shout out to Justin, Dave and the guys in service for basically a one day turn around on a complete rebuild. Back to the Cycle Gear story......not only is the address on the inter web wrong, but it is a PITA to get to, AND, if you are looking for off-road oriented gear it is not worth the time. Picked io a can of PJ1 and a couple t's. If you are into the Bilt brand then you will have a ball.
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #17807
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Oddometer: 1,629
If you're talking about the Cycle Gear on Little Creek, it's gone downhill every since Kat left. I was there a few months ago and the place was a joke. What a waste. Nothing like taking a good idea (a retailer that sells motorbike gear), and letting it turn into an unorganized crap-shoot of random sizes of poorly constructed apparel and random parts. Not sure who manages the store now, but they should be ashamed of that establishment.

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #17808
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
So headed over to Cycle Gear on Little Creek after picking up my forks from CW. Big shout out to Justin, Dave and the guys in service for basically a one day turn around on a complete rebuild. Back to the Cycle Gear story......not only is the address on the inter web wrong, but it is a PITA to get to, AND, if you are looking for off-road oriented gear it is not worth the time. Picked io a can of PJ1 and a couple t's. If you are into the Bilt brand then you will have a ball.
I kinda like the place. I've bought a bunch of name brand jerseys there and have never paid more that $10. I've never figured out the pricing/sales scheme they have there, 'cause I've never once paid sticker price for anything in there. Then once I get to the checkout, they usually tell me that what every I'm buying was on sale at some point, so they will ring it up at that price. Don't know howit works, but it does. I think I paid around $50 for my ramp, an the sticker was over $100. Every employee that I've ever interacted with was very nice.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #17809
Henderson757
Adventure~Rugby

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAANG View Post
Yes. Ill provide the hoes.
is Falcon the Hoe, I bet falcon is the hoe
Old 09-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #17810
DAAANG
LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson757 View Post
is falcon the hoe, i bet falcon is the hoe
hahahahaha!!!!!!!!
*Warning:Riding with me may result in you starring in your own crash video.
Sales and Marketing Manager at Cycle World V.B.
DAAANG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #17811
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,089
Anybody looking for a quality basecamp type tent. I have a eureka timberline 4xta with a small vestibule for $80. Too big really to carry on a bike.

The base models without the vestibule go for around $210

B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #17812
jdrocks
Gravel Runner

Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
I have a eureka timberline 4xta with a small vestibule for $80. Too big really to carry on a bike.
fine tent at a good price, i've spent many a night in one of those. might be a little big for the bike, but it's still a favorite of outfitters and others when weight/size isn't a big consideration.
jdrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #17813
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
I kinda like the place. I've bought a bunch of name brand jerseys there and have never paid more that $10. I've never figured out the pricing/sales scheme they have there, 'cause I've never once paid sticker price for anything in there. Then once I get to the checkout, they usually tell me that what every I'm buying was on sale at some point, so they will ring it up at that price. Don't know howit works, but it does. I think I paid around $50 for my ramp, an the sticker was over $100. Every employee that I've ever interacted with was very nice.
I have no doubt that there are deals to be found there. But dealing with the traffic getting to and from was a PITA. Gotten kind of spoiled by online shopping. Order something while having a beer in the garage. It shows up two days later with free shipping and usually no taxes. Admire it in garage with another beer. It is a win-win.

Speaking of taxes. Oddly enough when I reactivated my Spot tracker I was charged taxes for the service? Didn't really question it or research it. But I can buy thousands of dollars worth of parts from Rocky Mountain MC and never pay a dime in taxes.

Think it is time for a little Hooligan spin on some dirt roads on the SE!

Cheers Ken
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #17814
nuggets
Fries with that?

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Think it is time for a little Hooligan spin on some dirt roads on the SE!
I had a little hooligan spin around town on my KX.

I still have my license
nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #17815
PatrickInVA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
But dealing with the traffic getting to and from was a PITA.
Meh, it's 10 minutes from my house. You get used to the traffic.
PatrickInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #17816
Henderson757
Adventure~Rugby

No Shen500 for me

I found out today that my Electrical Theory lab has been move to The weekend of the shen500" looks like I'm not going to be able to go. I'm super bummed but I'm not allowed to miss any labs.

On a light note, Suzuki released very exciting news today about there all new v-strom 1000. Looks great and will most likely run great too
Old 09-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #17817
nuggets
Fries with that?

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henderson757 View Post
I found out today that my Electrical Theory lab has been move to The weekend of the shen500" looks like I'm not going to be able to go. I'm super bummed but I'm not allowed to miss any labs.

On a light note, Suzuki released very exciting news today about there all new v-strom 1000. Looks great and will most likely run great too
There is hope for you over in the Richmond thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Okay everyone, since we're talking the S500, we are now confirmed for the alternate "Po Folks" S500 at my family place in WV the weekend of 25-27 October.

RimBenty is in charge of the ride, setting up ride groups, and has made roll charts sheets, and I believe the digital tracks for both days of riding. (Sat and Sun)

I'll be riding too, but will mainly provide location support. I'll set up the campground, build the Outhouse, have the grills, and fire pit. Have wood ready. If everyone helps out with donations, I can have some type of breakfast Sat and Sun, with coffee, fruit, minimal eggs/meat, etc. I must say I do make some pretty good biscuits.

For those who absolutely don't camp that late in the year, PM me and we can talk about other accommodations we have. Our place is 130 acres, but only about 40 are open fields. The rest forested with trails. There are hot showers in the main house. I don't mind if trailers a brought. Lot's of room for them if you can get 1/4 mile uphill on wet grass.

I'm NOT posting this to the main ADV rally page because I'd like to keep this small and with the local Richmond guys. If it turns out well, and we don't burn the place down, maybe we can expand it on then next one. I tend to hold rider weekends there a couple times a year. (re: last year's Black Ice Ride)

So start planning now. I'm in Florida right now for my sister's last cancer treatment, but will be back up there in about a week if all goes well.

Jeff
nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #17818
TCON
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henderson757 View Post

Sorry man. That sucks. Does anyone know if someone else can use his ticket? I've heard that it's none-transferrable but do they check the name or just issue the sticker. Can't remember.

Sam was driving up with me so I've got a spot on my trailer if anyone wants to carpool. Planning to head out early Friday morning and return Sunday evening.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #17819
DAAANG
LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer: 1,565
Yo Falcon!!!! Snatch up Hendos ticket!!!!

Turns out you da hoe Hendo
*Warning:Riding with me may result in you starring in your own crash video.
Sales and Marketing Manager at Cycle World V.B.
DAAANG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #17820
Henderson757
Adventure~Rugby

I feel dumb

Sooo,
looks like there are two different Electrical Theory labs, mine has not changed. IM BACK IN!! Im going to blame this on working midnights and the lack of sleep that lead to the quick panic!!

Im still riding with TCON!! lol

Seats Taken