ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 06:18 PM   #166
dawgwhat
No Earthy Idea
 
dawgwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Smithfield Va.
Oddometer: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8
Where the heck is Hollywood Cemetary??
It's an old cemetery that has a lot of dead people in it


it's got a bunch of civil war dead in it and some presidents

http://www.hollywoodcemetery.org/
__________________
I got a booger, want some?
dawgwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #167
UpST8
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgwhat
It's an old cemetery that has a lot of dead people in it


it's got a bunch of civil war dead in it and some presidents

http://www.hollywoodcemetery.org/
Oh yeah! I have been there before! Cool place for sure. I'm up for that. I posted about my intentions and will quote that after I post this..... Did that make sense?
__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #168
UpST8
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8
Here is what I am thinking in my hat rack. I plan to meet up with the BMWMCHR in Chesapeake at 0900 and ride with that group out towards the Ferry Crossing, but break off from them on Route 10 around California Crossroads. Then back road it south, come back up Northwesterly to Petersburg Battlefield, Lunch, then Northeasterly to Benjy Harrison Bridge across the James, Route 5 down to the Ferry back across the James, then high tail it home, for Pre-game. The BMWMCHR ride is fine one to do, but for me....it's been there done that and I want to see something I haven't seen before.

Now I have wrote all this, but have not opened Mapsource yet nor made a single Waypoint...... I have it penciled on paper, but have alot of work to do tomorrow morning.....tonight is quality family time.....playing Wii Rockband

Muster time and place for the BMWMCHR is a couple post north of this one.

Sound like a plan?????
here's my thinking...Tommy want to meet up with Brian (machtig) and I right off the Newtown exit heading west bound? say 8ish??

In my planned route, I can easily substitute Petersburg Battlefiled with Hollywood Cemetary.

Waht do you all think????
__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:15 PM   #169
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer
 
tommyhof's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Oddometer: 799
Plan B-3

The plan ,, I'm meeting Chris at 0745 at Lowes on Holland Rd, then proceeding to meet Brian (newtown exit), then onto Southern gas station on Rt 10 in Smithfield. to meet Paul at 9ish for are trip to Hollywood. Anyone intersted in joining can meet at any of the choices above. Of course we will try keeping this a true ADV ride and finding a choice place to eat. BBQ anyone
__________________
Tom
06 Wee-Strom
Virginia Beach, VA
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 PM   #170
Blinkerfluid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Blinkerfluid's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Port Orchard WA
Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind
I'd like to go for a little ride tomorrow after church. How about if we head up Rt. 10 to Slade's, maybe even check the place out? It has been at least five years since I've been there....

link: http://www.sladespark.com/

Funny you should mention slades.. I was going to start a Pigs in the dirt thread soon to see if anyone wants to take there dualsports out there to play around.. It'll be a few more weeks before I'm ready to go out there though bc I just sent the 640 suspension off to zerodog to have it reworked.. so right now the adventures are sitting in the living room all apart

I may be in for a ride tomorrow but all I have to ride is the Harley and I'd hate to be shunned for that I'm definitely going for a ride tomorrow but I don't think I'll make it to meet up with anyone.
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:47 PM   #171
dawgwhat
No Earthy Idea
 
dawgwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Smithfield Va.
Oddometer: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid

I may be in for a ride tomorrow but all I have to ride is the Harley and I'd hate to be shunned for that I'm definitely going for a ride tomorrow but I don't think I'll make it to meet up with anyone.
hell come on out and ride with us
where just going up 10 to 5 to Richmond

you can ride the harley in the back of the pack

meet at the southern on 10 in smithfield at 9 am
__________________
I got a booger, want some?
dawgwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #172
TheWorstKind
In the Wind
 
TheWorstKind's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, USA
Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
Funny you should mention slades.. I was going to start a Pigs in the dirt thread soon to see if anyone wants to take there dualsports out there to play around.. It'll be a few more weeks before I'm ready to go out there though bc I just sent the 640 suspension off to zerodog to have it reworked.. so right now the adventures are sitting in the living room all apart

I may be in for a ride tomorrow but all I have to ride is the Harley and I'd hate to be shunned for that I'm definitely going for a ride tomorrow but I don't think I'll make it to meet up with anyone.
I'm up for playing at Slades, albeit at my (slower) pace. Maybe you can even throw us less dirt-savy guys a couple of tips when we are out there!

Well, off to get a hair-cut, then out for a little ride.
__________________
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.


Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #173
Blinkerfluid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Blinkerfluid's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Port Orchard WA
Oddometer: 1,173
I could give pointers, but no promises that they'd help

If others are interested I'll start a thread about it once we get the suspension back from Zerodog for the 640's.
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #174
Blinkerfluid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Blinkerfluid's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Port Orchard WA
Oddometer: 1,173
Alright guys, I started a new Tag Game.. North American Tag-O-Rama.. With a little luck, we won't be able to play this one for long.. atleast, thats the idea anyway

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...00#post8960300
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #175
roger123 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
roger123's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: VA Beach, VA
Oddometer: 1,486
So how was the riding? I washed momas car and we went to the movies at the Commodore in P-Town. Now I'm getting hammered watching some football game.
__________________
Roger
'07 Wee Strom
COG 5903
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #176
UpST8
turnin gas to noise
 
UpST8's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: californication
Oddometer: 6,772
Thanks for the ride dawgwhat and tommyhof!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123
So how was the riding? I washed momas car and we went to the movies at the Commodore in P-Town. Now I'm getting hammered watching some football game.
Riding is always good, but today was pretty close to great! Met up with dawg out in Smittyfield with tommy. Went west on 10 and tried out a route I plotted using my new atlas. It was what it was, back country roads, some pretty good twist, little too rough for some's taste in places, gravel here and there (normally in a bad place). made our way from the southwestern bound back roads route and crossed the James on to 5 and a lunch stop at Poe's Pup. Good grub, lots of bikes showed up through our lunch, then off to Hollywood, checked that out for a bit. Home bound on 5, NICE Road! Liked the higher speed smooth sweeping turns, dawg took the ferry across, we carried on to the Tag. Good day, great weather, felt good to get out and stretch the "legs" again after being snow bound in Upst8 NY for the last two weeks.

Don't have much in pics, but I will post up what I have

Lunchbucket and the Rebel....you decide who is who


Confederate Memorial to the Women of the War, I think the yankees made the rebels build it by hand after they whooped up on em (just breaking balls dawgwhat....take her easy)



This Ural rolled in as we ate, pretty cool....


I nominate dawgwhat to plot and lead the next one with that New GyPSy coming in.

P.S.- I apologize for my last minute turn action, minor traffic infractions and lack of situational awareness while the head was buried in the Garmin or my butt...however you want to look at it.
__________________
WHERE AM I RIDING

cRAzY

UpST8 screwed with this post 02-01-2009 at 07:38 PM
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #177
roger123 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
roger123's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: VA Beach, VA
Oddometer: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8
Confederate Memorial to the Women of the War, I think the yankees made the rebels build it by hand after they whooped up on (just breaking balls dawgwhat....take her easy)
No worries, he knows who won.
__________________
Roger
'07 Wee Strom
COG 5903
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #178
dawgwhat
No Earthy Idea
 
dawgwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Smithfield Va.
Oddometer: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8
P.S.- I apologize for my last minute turn action, minor traffic infractions and lack of situational awareness while the head was buried in the Garmin or my butt...however you want to look at it.
Great job on being the evil GPS tour #2

where used to the fast turn in's and the turn a rounds from the other evil GPS tour guide


I especially like route 602, I think it that was it,

You and roger have turned me in to a true GPS believer
__________________
I got a booger, want some?
dawgwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #179
screamin injin
FUBAR
 
screamin injin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Norfolk, VA
Oddometer: 2,505
Was thinking about going to this one on Sat, anybody want to meet for the ride or tag photo? Was going to get there before noon.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...00#post8960300

Also, a buddy told me to check out a group of roads that are mainly off-road near the memorial. It's Old Nags Head Road, NC. Anybody ever been there?


screamin injin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #180
dawgwhat
No Earthy Idea
 
dawgwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Smithfield Va.
Oddometer: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin injin
Was thinking about going to this one on Sat, anybody want to meet for the ride or tag photo? Was going to get there before noon.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...00#post8960300

Also, a buddy told me to check out a group of roads that are mainly off-road near the memorial. It's Old Nags Head Road, NC. Anybody ever been there?


I might have to ride out to Roanoke this weekend
I won't know until friday afternoon

Thanks for the heads up
__________________
I got a booger, want some?
dawgwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014