ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #18061
Whiskeyridr
BRRRRAPP!!!!

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
sure, no big hurry

pm me next week.
Thanks!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #18062
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Oddometer: 1,655
Well, heading West after work today. BRP tomorrow. Hoping the weather clears up a bit, but not betting on it.

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #18063
dljocky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Have a great trip Mike. Dakar or Duc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakKrauStudios View Post
Well, heading West after work today. BRP tomorrow. Hoping the weather clears up a bit, but not betting on it.
dljocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #18064
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,010
Sandblast

Well boys entry to the Sandblast is open. Who's in?
poondangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #18065
Beaniman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
What is that and how's the arm?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
Beaniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #18066
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaniman View Post
What is that and how's the arm?

First rallymoto of the year. Its March 1, 2014. Its in Cheraw, SC.

Arm is about the same. I'm almost certainly looking at another surgery. I'm pushing to get it done sooner than later. I can't miss the race
Old 10-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #18067
Beaniman
Adventurer

Pissed GPSMAP 60csx

Ok,

So I found a guy with a gps in great condition that I wanted to get... We were going to do a straight up even trade for my Walther P22 pistol, trouble is he's a Maryland resident. We looked into the legalities associated with firearm transfer for the last couple days and ultimately discovered that no matter how we did it; initiate transfer here in Richmond at the halfway point, ship via UPS to his federally licensed dealer in Maryland or if I just bit the bullet and took a scenic drive up that way and did it there in Maryland no matter how we do it it's going to cost between $150 & $200 to make a simple transfer.

This causes me additional frustration because I'm a Military guy with a carry license and he's a police officer in Maryland with a nation wide license to carry but we are tied up in the silly red tape trying to make a simple trade.

I won't go into the rant about how law abiding citizens, law enforcing citizens even, are tied by the current state & federal laws and criminals face no such challenges. The moral of this story is I found a guy with a GPSMAP 60csx for sale who will take paypal and ship it to your door but I don't have the funds to make it happen which is why I wanted to do the trade.

If anyone is looking for a nice gps in the box with all the accessories shoot me a PM and he's given me leave to share his phone number with you and you can get it there. I also recommended he post it in the flea market here as I'm sure it will sell and he's been a stand up guy while we both worked to understand the restrictions for the transfer. So shoot me a message if you're interested.

--edit-- He's asking for 225 shipped. It's got some topo on it and he directed me to a nice website with free gps file & topo downloads that are compatible with the unit.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #18068
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,625
Quote:
Ok,

So I found a guy with a gps in great condition that I wanted to get... We were going to do a straight up even trade for my Walther P22 pistol, trouble is he's a Maryland resident. We looked into the legalities associated with firearm transfer for the last couple days and ultimately discovered that no matter how we did it; initiate transfer here in Richmond at the halfway point, ship via UPS to his federally licensed dealer in Maryland or if I just bit the bullet and took a scenic drive up that way and did it there in Maryland no matter how we do it it's going to cost between $150 & $200 to make a simple transfer.

This causes me additional frustration because I'm a Military guy with a carry license and he's a police officer in Maryland with a nation wide license to carry but we are tied up in the silly red tape trying to make a simple trade.

I won't go into the rant about how law abiding citizens, law enforcing citizens even, are tied by the current state & federal laws and criminals face no such challenges. The moral of this story is I found a guy with a GPSMAP 60csx for sale who will take paypal and ship it to your door but I don't have the funds to make it happen which is why I wanted to do the trade.

If anyone is looking for a nice gps in the box with all the accessories shoot me a PM and he's given me leave to share his phone number with you and you can get it there. I also recommended he post it in the flea market here as I'm sure it will sell and he's been a stand up guy while we both worked to understand the restrictions for the transfer. So shoot me a message if you're interested.

--edit-- He's asking for 225 shipped. It's got some topo on it and he directed me to a nice website with free gps file & topo downloads that are compatible with the unit.
My vote is you say F "The Man" and trade anyway........

Or

How much you want for the Walther?..............
hooliken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #18069
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
First rallymoto of the year. Its March 1, 2014. Its in Cheraw, SC.

Arm is about the same. I'm almost certainly looking at another surgery. I'm pushing to get it done sooner than later. I can't miss the race
Hmmmmmmm? Wonder if i can fit this in. What do you need to run one of these? Have bikes, and an AMA competition license..................

You bring food, I bring the PBR!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #18070
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Hmmmmmmm? Wonder if i can fit this in. What do you need to run one of these? Have bikes, and an AMA competition license..................

You bring food, I bring the PBR!
Its not AMA, its NASA. So you need a NASA membership and a NASA licence. That's about $100 for both of them. Then, just pay the entry fee. Entry fee for Sandblast is in the $200 neighborhood.

And I ain't no flat biller, so no PBR for me.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #18071
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Wonder why my trailer started bouncing on 64 coming home from the S500?

Shouldn't complain. Got about 30k miles out of this one. Two trips to CO and back to VA, trip to WY, and back to VA, two trips to WI, and back to VA, two trips to NC, one from CO, one from WY, and back to VA.......you picken up what I B layen down?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #18072
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
And I ain't no flat biller, so no PBR for me.
Whatever Mr. Fancy Pants!

Old 10-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #18073
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

The Boss said she didn't like me roughing it in my trailer when I was camping.

So she went and picked me up the new "free standing" Big Agnes Polka Dot!

Old 10-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #18074
Slug.go
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
GPS tarde?

I've got a Garmin NUVI that doesn't get any use, if you want to trade.
I'm not a GPS guru, don't know what it will give you off road, I used over the road.
Also have a RAM mount for it around here somewhere, I think.

Quote:
Ok,

Slug.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #18075
Beaniman
Adventurer

Thanks for the thought, I'm up to my ears in nuvi already. I have 2 just laying around myself. Complete with ram mounts.