ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #18646
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildlikeWonder View Post
And after all that, the USPS guy just left a slip in my mailbox that my GS911 is here rather than trying to actually deliver it. Mind if I hold onto this for a few more days (won't be able to pick up the GS911 until the post office opens on Friday)?

When you go to pick it up it will be out for delivery. This and delivering my packages to Woodlake Ct. and Woodlake Cir. instead of Woodlake Rd. are two of the USPSs favorite games to play with me.
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:35 AM   #18647
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Not a problem man. We will have to hook up for a ride soon. Didn't realize you were so close. And by soon I mean when I get one of the big bikes back on the road.

Had to move the SE around the garage yesterday to make room for one of The Bosses projects, and noticed a spot on the floor. Mother Lovin shock is leaking.......again. Third time in four years the seal has gone bad.
Me thinks I am just going to ship it out to Superplush and do the full blown re-valve this time.

AND haven't had time to put the fuel pump back in the Buell yet. Guess if I am riding I am riding the 450. Not that this upsets me greatly..... BUUTTT I have had the new shock spring sitting on my bench for a month..........

53MM WP come valves, now.....
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #18648
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
When you go to pick it up it will be out for delivery. This and delivering my packages to Woodlake Ct. and Woodlake Cir. instead of Woodlake Rd. are two of the USPSs favorite games to play with me.
At least you don't live in a city (Suffolk) that has 2 streets with the same name!!!! A good portion of my stuff ends up in a trailer park in Carrolton.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #18649
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
At least you don't live in a city (Suffolk) that has 2 streets with the same name!!!! A good portion of my stuff ends up in a trailer park in Carrolton.
Nice!

Could be worse.....could have ZERO bikes to ride!
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #18650
msgvb

Oddometer: 272
gah! I hate when this happens. in fact, wherever possible, I try to avoid dealing with sellers use USPS exclusively with few exceptions (Procycle is one), or I ask whether there's an affordable option for UPS or Fedex. almost everything I get through USPS requires a signature, which I'm almost never home for, and it sucks having to wait another day or two and then having to coordinate the post office pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildlikeWonder View Post
And after all that, the USPS guy just left a slip in my mailbox that my GS911 is here rather than trying to actually deliver it. Mind if I hold onto this for a few more days (won't be able to pick up the GS911 until the post office opens on Friday)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
Old 11-30-2013, 04:53 AM   #18651
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,743
Anybody local have one of the mc/atv bike lifts they could part with for a little while. Buell is still out of commission and up on mine, and need to pull the shock off the SE and ship it out. I may be able to get the SE up on my MX stand, but lifting 450lbs up on one may be a little much.

There is a six pack of your choice in it for you....
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #18652
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,785
How about a milk crate. Mine is kinda week though.

This place is quiet. Is everyone out of town?

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #18653
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Anybody local have one of the mc/atv bike lifts they could part with for a little while. Buell is still out of commission and up on mine, and need to pull the shock off the SE and ship it out. I may be able to get the SE up on my MX stand, but lifting 450lbs up on one may be a little much.

If you can wait until 11 or so I could come help you lift it.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #18654
poondangle
Slow

Quote:

I'll hit you up when I'm back in town.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #18655
nuggets
Fries with that?

Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:

I am using my lift at the moment, but I could do a temporary swap for your MX stand. It will work just fine for my CRF while you borrow my lift.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #18656
moymurfs

Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgvb View Post
gah! I hate when this happens. in fact, wherever possible, I try to avoid dealing with sellers use USPS exclusively with few exceptions (Procycle is one), or I ask whether there's an affordable option for UPS or Fedex. almost everything I get through USPS requires a signature, which I'm almost never home for, and it sucks having to wait another day or two and then having to coordinate the post office pick up.
Do you have a trustworthy neighbor it can to ?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #18657
motorcycle_guy2004
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Got one

I have the Sears version collecting dust and you're welcome to borrow if you want to drive out to Deep Creek to pick it up.

- Tom

Quote:

motorcycle_guy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #18658
msgvb

Oddometer: 272
yeah, a couple nearby who'd probably take delivery. never really thought about doing that before. USPS does that? how does one facilitate use of that option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moymurfs View Post
Do you have a trustworthy neighbor it can to ?
Old 11-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #18659
moymurfs

Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgvb View Post
yeah, a couple nearby who'd probably take delivery. never really thought about doing that before. USPS does that? how does one facilitate use of that option?
I just leave a note on my door telling them the name and address of the neighbor who is expecting it on my behalf. The neighbor has only been next door or at most maybe 3 houses away. Usually they want it off their truck so if the effort to do so is minimal they will.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #18660
k5mitch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Just signed a lease for a place with garage in Grafton today . My wife and I took a couple extra days off so we could do some searching while visiting family in the area. We're looking forward to a change from the new river valley :)
k5mitch is offline   Reply With Quote