ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #18946
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejmeister View Post
Low 50's and soggy from the two days of rain before is insanely awesome weather? Are we looking at the same forecast?

Also, I'm down if we can go around Lynchburg or Buena Vista?
OK, I guess awesome is relative, Buena Vista is fine with me.
poondangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 AM   #18947
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptownjohnny View Post
what & where are you planning to ride , if trucking up were are you parking , I met a guy on nyd ride just bought a bmw800 , and was interested in going to mountains , his forum name is gspirate (cody), I will go if you promise not to run of a cliff
I am trucking up. I don't care where I go, or park, so if you want to join in. Let me know. I'm super flexible.

No cliffs this time, I'm trying to get my shoulder out of the warranty period first
Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #18948
MGB
ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer: 1,841
Ha, my thoughts exactly...

as I've been watching the weather looking for a good weekend to head to Amherst County.
Friend was up in the Buena Vista and Amherst area last weekend - they've had a lot of rain, reflected in the very high river levels (friend was fishing at a few spots).

Sunday is looking good as of this morning on weather.com though....still going to be nice and mucky off the pavement.

Quote:
Low 50's and soggy from the two days of rain before is insanely awesome weather? Are we looking at the same forecast?

Also, I'm down if we can go around Lynchburg or Buena Vista?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #18949
deejmeister
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
That route that nuggets put together runs right by that North Creek campground (coords: 37.54139, -79.584724) we three went to in June. We could park there (or near it, since I think the campground is actually closed) and explore/run the route north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
I am trucking up. I don't care where I go, or park, so if you want to join in. Let me know. I'm super flexible.

No cliffs this time, I'm trying to get my shoulder out of the warranty period first
deejmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #18950
Beaniman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Heyo

Anyone around here know a good bathroom floor guy? I have a small bathroom in my rental house I need to get the tile redone on a floor space about 6'x6'. May include a little plywood replacement where it's bowed a bit.

Figured I'd ask if anyone has a good reference before I start looking at CL ads.

Beaniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #18951
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaniman View Post
Anyone around here know a good bathroom floor guy? I have a small bathroom in my rental house I need to get the tile redone on a floor space about 6'x6'. May include a little plywood replacement where it's bowed a bit.

Figured I'd ask if anyone has a good reference before I start looking at CL ads.

I've got a friend that does it on the side. He did another friends kitchen floor, and it looked really good to me. Hes not a floor guy by trade or anything. Hes just a dude that picked up the skill along the way. He has a full time job, so it would have to be a nights and weekends thing.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #18952
MGB
ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer: 1,841
alternate campground north of NOrth Creek campground

is Oronoco Campground, just north of Route 60 at the intersection of 60/Pedlar River Road (605)/FS Road 39 in Amherst County. It's primitive with permanent pit toilets. campground to include toilets were open the week after Christmas 2013.

This campground is run by National Forest, can't find any real info online.

Route runs right by the campground.

Quote:
That route that nuggets put together runs right by that North Creek campground (coords: 37.54139, -79.584724) we three went to in June.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #18953
screamin injin
FUBAR

Oddometer: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGB View Post
is Oronoco Campground, just north of Route 60 at the intersection of 60/Pedlar River Road (605)/FS Road 39 in Amherst County. It's primitive with permanent pit toilets. campground to include toilets were open the week after Christmas 2013.

This campground is run by National Forest, can't find any real info online.

Route runs right by the campground.
If that doesn't pan out or you want something with bathhouses, then there is montebello on rt56, 540-377-2650
Or sherando lake campground and there is always the primitive sites right on coal rd, which is part of your route and a good starting point.
screamin injin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:04 AM   #18954
poondangle
Slow

Tee Shirts

Guys, I've getting a few shirts printed. You gotta have fun with these injuries! If anyone would like to get one, let me know. If I can get 10 orders, the price will be around $21 a piece. More than that, and the price goes lower. Shoot me a PM, I'll order the shirts in a week or so.

[IMG]
dangly bits front by Poondangle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
dangly bits back by Poondangle, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 01-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #18955
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,627
Quote:
Guys, I've getting a few shirts printed. You gotta have fun with these injuries! If anyone would like to get one, let me know. If I can get 10 orders, the price will be around $21 a piece. More than that, and the price goes lower. Shoot me a PM, I'll order the shirts in a week or so.

[IMG]
dangly bits front by Poondangle, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
dangly bits back by Poondangle, on Flickr[/IMG]
Nice!
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #18956
DAAANG
LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer: 1,588
Anyone interested in doing shared ownership on this 2012 6x12 trailer? I would be using it for track days from March-Nov like 1 weekend every month and then for the Shenandoah500 every Oct. She started out at $3500 and the lowest I can get her to go is $3,000. Id be willing to make the trip to Jacksonville if youre willing to pay for the gas or vice versus. I cant imagine that we'd lose much money on this trailer, if any, here in Hampton Roads. This seems like a steal in my opinion.

Its got AC, a fold down bed, fridge, microwave and a shower!

My track day schedule is known many months ahead of time so scheduling times for each other to use it should be no problem.

Hit me up if youre interested!!!

*Warning:Riding with me may result in you starring in your own crash video.
Sales and Marketing Manager at Cycle World V.B.
DAAANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #18957
gspirate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
sunday ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptownjohnny View Post
what & where are you planning to ride , if trucking up were are you parking , I met a guy on nyd ride just bought a bmw800 , and was interested in going to mountains , his forum name is gspirate (cody), I will go if you promise not to run of a cliff
Hey guys,
Talked to DJ via text about the ride. Im about 95% going. (already cleared with the warden) Because it will be wet what kind of trail conditions we talking about here.

I still got stock tires on the GS. Hopefully fix that next pay day.... but for now still have them on. Thats my only concern with it being wet.

Everybody going to trailer up? Plan to run up and back same day right?

Johnny - I gotta PM you my number as well since your right down the road from me.

2013 F800GS
gspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #18958
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspirate View Post
Hey guys,
Talked to DJ via text about the ride. Im about 95% going. (already cleared with the warden) Because it will be wet what kind of trail conditions we talking about here.

I still got stock tires on the GS. Hopefully fix that next pay day.... but for now still have them on. Thats my only concern with it being wet.

Everybody going to trailer up? Plan to run up and back same day right?

Johnny - I gotta PM you my number as well since your right down the road from me.

I'm bringing DJ's bike up with me. He's supposed to bring to my house tonight. I'm not trying to do anything to challenging, so I was hoping thinking about FS roads. You should be OK with your tires, I hope.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #18959
gspirate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Sounds good enough to me.
How many going, how much trailer space still available?

2013 F800GS
gspirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #18960
mattgoff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
I'm bringing DJ's bike up with me. He's supposed to bring to my house tonight. I'm not trying to do anything to challenging, so I was hoping thinking about FS roads. You should be OK with your tires, I hope.

I did the road to Crabtree Meadows two-up on Anakee 2's this spring before I switched to the K60's on my R1200GS...he should be fine even with the stream crossings if you go up that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattgoff is offline   Reply With Quote