ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #19936
k5mitch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
This time next week I should be back in town with my new-to-me ST1300. My wife bought me some new riding boots for my birthday. I'm itching to get back on two wheels, I've been suffering cabin fever during all this awesome weather
k5mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #19937
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
That ticket is such bullshit. Virginia Beach is the only place where it has a chance of resulting in a conviction of anything, but even there i doubt it.

ChildlikeWonder screwed with this post 05-17-2014 at 08:36 PM
ChildlikeWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #19938
screamin injin
FUBAR

Oddometer: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAANG View Post
Friend of mine stood up for 3 seconds while pulling up to a red light to adjust her pants. VB police wrote her a reckless driving ticket. I don't know about you guys but I stand up all the time, sometimes for miles at a time. I've been lucky, I guess, to not be pulled over but have any of you guys had any experience with this? I'd like to find a case which was dismissed or lowered and how you or your lawyer got it dropped.

Ill call you tomorrow.
screamin injin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #19939
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,742
Quote:
Friend of mine stood up for 3 seconds while pulling up to a red light to adjust her pants. VB police wrote her a reckless driving ticket. I don't know about you guys but I stand up all the time, sometimes for miles at a time. I've been lucky, I guess, to not be pulled over but have any of you guys had any experience with this? I'd like to find a case which was dismissed or lowered and how you or your lawyer got it dropped.
That sucks man. I got pulled over my first week after we moved back to VA in Smithfield for the same damn thing. It was right after a hellacious thunderstorm and I explained to the LEO that I sometimes do that in order to see over other vehicles, to check for standing water/debris and also explained that it is a common practice when riding off road. I didn't give him any attitude and he let me go on my way. He seemed cool with my explanation. And let me go about my bidness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin injin View Post
Ill call you tomorrow.
Boom!
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #19940
MGB
ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer: 1,863
whose 1200GS followed me from Lynchburg to Crewe on 460 this morning...

Anybody here? Since he came so far west on 460, thought he might be from Hampton Roads or Williamsburg.

I'm guessing it was somebody returning from Morton's Spring Fling in Natural Bridge. Only had a second to say hi at a traffic light, then we were off. He stopped in Crewe.

I was on a black super tenere with VA tags, wearing a red helmet.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #19941
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:

What total shit! That's the type of thing where you lawyer up, and you make it as costly as possible for the state. Make them earn the easy revenue they were going for. Hell, I'd even be willing to kick in on a lawyer to help. If she loses, appeal it. Not because you might win, but just to make it difficult. I don't know why police departments tolerate POS cops in their departments. Every friend I have that is a cop, complains about a-holes like that, but nothing is ever done about it. When I have POS employees, I fire them, it's that simple. I can bet you plenty of money, that's not the first time this a-hole as done this.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #19942
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
What total shit! That's the type of thing where you lawyer up, and you make it as costly as possible for the state. Make them earn the easy revenue they were going for. Hell, I'd even be willing to kick in on a lawyer to help. If she loses, appeal it. Not because you might win, but just to make it difficult. I don't know why police departments tolerate POS cops in their departments. Every friend I have that is a cop, complains about a-holes like that, but nothing is ever done about it. When I have POS employees, I fire them, it's that simple. I can bet you plenty of money, that's not the first time this a-hole as done this.
It doesn't cost the state anything really to challenge it. It will be on the officer's assigned traffic day, and if VB puts a prosecutor on reckless (I doubt they do), he was going to be there anyway. That said, ticket is total BS if facts are as described.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #19943
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?

Oddometer: 1,655
What was her attitude like when the cop stopped her?

More often than not, a ticket for such a minor offense is the result of the person not knowing how to keep their mouth shut. I'm not saying that's what happened here, though. Seems like a waste of time for a cop to write her up for something so minor.

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #19944
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,081
Boom!!!! Starting off this year with a 28 mile night stage!!!

poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #19945
Timmy Tucker
Beat to Fit

Oddometer: 765
Can any of you guys recommend a local shop to do some electrical work on my Duc? The ignition system for the front cylinder is dead and I don't have the time or facilities to fix it. I'm in Ocean View, for what it's worth.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:39 AM   #19946
mdfiasco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
D&D Import Cycles, 757-423-1082. 1038 West Little Creek Road
mdfiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #19947
Timmy Tucker
Beat to Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfiasco View Post
D&D Import Cycles, 757-423-1082. 1038 West Little Creek Road
So far I've called Sunrise, D&D, and Cycle World. None of them will touch it. Any other suggestions?
Old 05-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #19948
willfreely
Elderly Beligerant

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy Tucker View Post
So far I've called Sunrise, D&D, and Cycle World. None of them will touch it. Any other suggestions?
Try Precision, he may not be able to do it but might know someone who can.
willfreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #19949
Timmy Tucker
Beat to Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfreely View Post
Try Precision, he may not be able to do it but might know someone who can.
I forgot about Precision.

The guys at Cycle City recommended a place in Denbigh called Absolute Performance. I talked to the owner, he seemed pretty cool, told me to bring it in. Anybody ever heard of this place?
Old 05-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #19950
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,742
http://www.redlinemotors.com/
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote