ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #391
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,162
All the options sound good, but I think the real downside to ESA is being married to BMW oem shocks forever. That also means $$$$$$$$$$$ money to replace them when they are shot.

Give me a properly set up pair of ohlins and the relatively cheap rebuild prices.
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #392
UpST8
turnin gas to noise

Oddometer: 6,777
Thanks!

Thanks guys for all the feedback on the tires. I think AMT has the best prices, at least on the Deathwings they do. I think I am just going OEM this round of tires. They lasted long the first time and they are affordable.

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #393
roger123 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8
Anybody out there have a good connection to order some tires through? Anybody in for a "mass" order? With all this riding and no end in sight I am in need of new rubber.......like yesterday
I've had great luck with SW Moto Tires and Ron Ayers. Best prices I've seen and lighting fast shipping.

We need to do a ride to Ron Ayers, pretty big showroom.
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #394
roger123 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashplate
Well I thought I was going to be in Germany today but NOOOOOOO! the C-5 Galaxy broke once again. Now I'm stuck near Fort Campbell, KY. Clarksville, TN to be exact. Nice hotel on the river. But, hey at least I am getting paid fro a 12hr day to just sit here.

While I was down in Bham, AL. I stoppped by the KTM, BMW, Ducati, Vespa, Triumph shop and sat on a GS1200....hmmmm. pretty nice! They would not let me sit on the GSA1200 cause it was bought....me likey! I'm gonna add one to the stable when I get back to the states for sure.

Color????
ESA?
ABS/TCS?
1200 GSA will more than likey be next bike. Not sure when but I sure do love 'em.
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #395
MGB
ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Anybody out there have a good connection to order some tires through? Anybody in for a "mass" order? With all this riding and no end in sight I am in need of new rubber.......like yesterday
If you get desperate, and VStrom tires are the same size as the Wee, and you want some Tourances with about 6K on them, pm me. I've got two pair in the garage I'd let go cheap.

They are take-offs from before big trips out west, only looking to sell if it helps you, otherwise they'll go back on when I need tires.

I've had really good luck (price and getting them fast) with SWMoto for years.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #396
UpST8
turnin gas to noise

Laugh As if Tag-O-Rama wasn't enough......

I put an ADV cache out at the last Grab of mine. Check it out HERE if interested. PM me or e-mail for coordinates. You can call too, but I may not have the GyPSy with me.

cRAzY
Old 03-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #397
UpST8
turnin gas to noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGB
If you get desperate, and VStrom tires are the same size as the Wee, and you want some Tourances with about 6K on them, pm me. I've got two pair in the garage I'd let go cheap.

They are take-offs from before big trips out west, only looking to sell if it helps you, otherwise they'll go back on when I need tires.

I've had really good luck (price and getting them fast) with SWMoto for years.
Thanks man!! I already order up some Deathwings from American Motorcyle Tire. Cheap enough. SW Moto's website was being funky with the tires I wanted too, perhaps they are out of stock, I could purchase any other tire just not the ones I wanted. Thanks again!

cRAzY
Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #398
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,698
Huh

you don't have a hair on yer arse if you don't put tkc 80's on the wee
Old 03-30-2009, 07:53 PM   #399
UpST8
turnin gas to noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog
you don't have a hair on yer arse if you don't put tkc 80's on the wee
Not the tire I am looking for right now, TKCs would look great.....but I would feel like a poser with as much dirt I ride. If I lived somewhere a little dirtier then the beach TKCs would be a definate, then again a XR650R would be definate too

cRAzY
Old 03-31-2009, 05:14 AM   #400
scdddvr
Scdddvr"Aka"Seabee Diver

Oddometer: 86
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashplate
Well I thought I was going to be in Germany today but NOOOOOOO! the C-5 Galaxy broke once again. Now I'm stuck near Fort Campbell, KY. Clarksville, TN to be exact. Nice hotel on the river. But, hey at least I am getting paid fro a 12hr day to just sit here.

While I was down in Bham, AL. I stoppped by the KTM, BMW, Ducati, Vespa, Triumph shop and sat on a GS1200....hmmmm. pretty nice! They would not let me sit on the GSA1200 cause it was bought....me likey! I'm gonna add one to the stable when I get back to the states for sure.

Color????
ESA?
ABS/TCS?
Hey Swash,

I absolutley love my Adventure. I have all the bells except for the alarm nor did I go with OEM bags. Jesses for me. The ride Roger took us on two weekends ago had us on Gravel for a short distance. I wanted to see how the ASC would react. Wow, Immediate governing of the motor when I jumped on the throttle. Having the ability to turn ABS/ASC on and off is a must have for true off pavement riding IMO. The ESA is very nice indeed. At first I wasn't very certain of its merits. "concerns about one more electronic failure" After a few months of riding one up and two up. I have quickly learned to appreciate it. You can adjust on the fly from Comfort to Normal to Sport. Two Up, Luggage and Off road you need to be stopped. Comfort is great on the long flat slab. Sport is the way to go for me trying to keep up with all of you folks. You can adjust the pre load and damping all from the saddle.

Just my Opinion. Though Brian makes a very good point. Anything BMW is going to cost $$$.

08 R1200GS Adventure
05 F650CS
84 KLR600
Hodaka Dirt Squirt
Yamaha 60
scdddvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:02 AM   #401
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Quote:
Not the tire I am looking for right now, TKCs would look great.....but I would feel like a poser with as much dirt I ride. If I lived somewhere a little dirtier then the beach TKCs would be a definate, then again a XR650R would be definate too
Lots of times I run just one up front. Works like a charm, especially up at Laurel Fork etc..

I go through a rear tkc in about 2500 miles of payment but the front lasts around 5k and is much more useful.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #402
Swashplate
50 MSL & 150 KTS

Oddometer: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by scdddvr
Hey Swash,

I absolutley love my Adventure. I have all the bells except for the alarm nor did I go with OEM bags. Jesses for me. The ride Roger took us on two weekends ago had us on Gravel for a short distance. I wanted to see how the ASC would react. Wow, Immediate governing of the motor when I jumped on the throttle. Having the ability to turn ABS/ASC on and off is a must have for true off pavement riding IMO. The ESA is very nice indeed. At first I wasn't very certain of its merits. "concerns about one more electronic failure" After a few months of riding one up and two up. I have quickly learned to appreciate it. You can adjust on the fly from Comfort to Normal to Sport. Two Up, Luggage and Off road you need to be stopped. Comfort is great on the long flat slab. Sport is the way to go for me trying to keep up with all of you folks. You can adjust the pre load and damping all from the saddle.

Just my Opinion. Though Brian makes a very good point. Anything BMW is going to cost $$$.
Thank you for the imput.

I was looking at those new jesse bags...http://www.xplorermoto.com/safari.html
and they seem pretty nice.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:19 PM   #403
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,698
hey

Congrats on the GSA Scud... I love mine

Chris... No harm with my TKC comment.. I am sure your arse is quite hairy...
TKC's would look kick ass on that bike.. and a cool roar is a bad ass sound...

I might run a cherry karoo on rear just to get rid of it.. Brian, do you think it would be ok to run a TKC front and karoo rear?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #404
UpST8
turnin gas to noise

I am out of here!!!

Leaving in 20 mikes for my first SS1000 attempt.....this is not an April Fool's Joke....if it were....it would be lame.....later taters!! PS-These are my two new favorite smileys, get use to see them alot

cRAzY
Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 AM   #405
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Quote:
Leaving in 20 mikes for my first SS1000 attempt.....this is not an April Fool's Joke....if it were....it would be lame.....later taters!! PS-These are my two new favorite smileys, get use to see them alot
good luck!