ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #7591
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?
 
BlakKrauStudios's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Hampton, VA
Oddometer: 1,655
I practice mine in front of the Hampton PD station...

...while waving my gun...

...and eating fois gras.

__________________
Working my way towards fascism... one bike at a time.
2009 Ducati Sport 1000

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #7592
nuggets
Fries with that?
 
nuggets's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virgina
Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8 View Post
Do you have a backyard?
Sadly it is not big enough for practicing wheelies in.

You may all think I am a massive D-bag for my wheelie practicing ways, but that practice paid off for me big time when the front lifted on a steep hillclimb a couple of days ago.

I managed not to loop it, and kept on climbing

Other than that, I am just a wheelie-poppin-granny-slappin-candy-from-baby-stealin-d-bag
__________________
2001 400 EXC "Punkin" | 2005 Sherco 290 "Tree Climber"
Nuggets' free bike tech clinic.
nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #7593
SplitLanesLikeMOSES
....................
 
SplitLanesLikeMOSES's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lanexa,VA
Oddometer: 603
JHVA doesn't like wheelies

John,
I thought you gave me a bad look after you asked " Did you do a wheelie back there?" when we got that tag together at the reservoir a few months back. This whole time I thought you might have liked how the big pig got up in the air like that. Now I'm beginning to think you just don't like wheelies at all.

I had to do some clean up this morning at that school for that crash. I didn't know what happened though. That's funny
__________________
PERU TO VIRGINIA 08'
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358151
SplitLanesLikeMOSES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #7594
SplitLanesLikeMOSES
....................
 
SplitLanesLikeMOSES's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lanexa,VA
Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggets View Post
Sadly it is not big enough for practicing wheelies in.

You may all think I am a massive D-bag for my wheelie practicing ways, but that practice paid off for me big time when the front lifted on a steep hillclimb a couple of days ago.

I managed not to loop it, and kept on climbing

Other than that, I am just a wheelie-poppin-granny-slappin-candy-from-baby-stealin-d-bag
I don't think you're a d-bag. In fact, I wouldn't mind ridin' around with ya one day and doin' some wheelies.
__________________
PERU TO VIRGINIA 08'
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358151
SplitLanesLikeMOSES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #7595
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Lanexa, Virginia
Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplitLanesLikeMOSES View Post
John,
I thought you gave me a bad look after you asked " Did you do a wheelie back there?" when we got that tag together at the reservoir a few months back. This whole time I thought you might have liked how the big pig got up in the air like that. Now I'm beginning to think you just don't like wheelies at all.

I had to do some clean up this morning at that school for that crash. I didn't know what happened though. That's funny
Nope, no bad looks from me. I 'inadvertantly' popped the front wheel off on my GS soon after I got it...

I like wheelies just fine just not when some d-bag does it on Gov't property and could have wrecked it for all of us driving our bikes onsite.

Hey Ryan, You're about to Ride down the Aisle soon ain't ya?
__________________
Greater Williamsburg Tag Map

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #7596
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?
 
BlakKrauStudios's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Hampton, VA
Oddometer: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post


Nope, no bad looks from me. I 'inadvertantly' popped the front wheel off on my GS soon after I got it...

I like wheelies just fine just not when some d-bag does it on Gov't property and could have wrecked it for all of us driving our bikes onsite.

Hey Ryan, You're about to Ride down the Aisle soon ain't ya?
There's a place and a time for wheelies. And no, government property is not one of those places. Nor is the HRBT during rush hour, or really anywhere where lives/property other than your own is at risk. But, that's just my opinion.
__________________
Working my way towards fascism... one bike at a time.
2009 Ducati Sport 1000

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #7597
BlakKrauStudios
I'm cool... right?
 
BlakKrauStudios's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Hampton, VA
Oddometer: 1,655
Also, this guy seems to be showing better control skills than most of the other people I encountered that day.



How is it that a bear knows when to pull the hell over, but a Prius driver doesn't?
__________________
Working my way towards fascism... one bike at a time.
2009 Ducati Sport 1000

2003 BMW F650GS Dakar
BlakKrauStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #7598
SplitLanesLikeMOSES
....................
 
SplitLanesLikeMOSES's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lanexa,VA
Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post


Nope, no bad looks from me. I 'inadvertantly' popped the front wheel off on my GS soon after I got it...

I like wheelies just fine just not when some d-bag does it on Gov't property and could have wrecked it for all of us driving our bikes onsite.

Hey Ryan, You're about to Ride down the Aisle soon ain't ya?
I agree 100%......and yes sir I am. July 23rd. I got a great one. I can't wait.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCSurveyor View Post
There's a place and a time for wheelies. And no, government property is not one of those places. Nor is the HRBT during rush hour, or really anywhere where lives/property other than your own is at risk. But, that's just my opinion.
I also agree 100%
__________________
PERU TO VIRGINIA 08'
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358151
SplitLanesLikeMOSES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #7599
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)
 
B.E. Coyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, Va. / Sugar Grove W.V.
Oddometer: 5,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggets View Post


Brian, thanks a bunch for a great spot to leave the trucks. You really helped us out.

Stone, what an honor to ride with you and your dad
No problem at all, glad you fellers had a good time.

If you had Upstates 60cx, would someone mind emailing me a gpx of the tracks and tell me about any highlights?

I am still exploring there myself.
B.E. Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #7600
DAAANG
LambBoyFilms@YouTube
 
DAAANG's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: The Batcave... Guess that makes me Robin
Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
No problem at all, glad you fellers had a good time.

If you had Upstates 60cx, would someone mind emailing me a gpx of the tracks and tell me about any highlights?

I am still exploring there myself.

Im sure Nuggets can help you with directions... I was lost the whole time

All I know is it was freaking amazing!
__________________
'05 CRF450X DAAANG
'08 600RR Track Bike
'12 NC700X OHDANG
*Warning:Riding with me may result in you starring in your own crash video.
Sales and Marketing Manager at Cycle World V.B.
DAAANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #7601
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)
 
B.E. Coyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, Va. / Sugar Grove W.V.
Oddometer: 5,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stone View Post
Im sure Nuggets can help you with directions... I was lost the whole time

All I know is it was freaking amazing!
Sweet, I'll look forward to seeing the gps tracks.

B.E. Coyote screwed with this post 06-13-2011 at 04:17 PM
B.E. Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #7602
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)
 
B.E. Coyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, Va. / Sugar Grove W.V.
Oddometer: 5,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by advridgerunner View Post
If you guys weren't up and out there riding this weekend, you sure missed a good couple of days in the mountains. I might do a RR, so just a few teaser pics for now.


2.5 days-990 mostly curvy miles.


it was an enjoyable 65 F on the Scenic Highlands Highway at mid-day. (Marlinton, WVA)



like sets of waves.


I ducked in here for the only rain of the trip, I ate lunch, the rain let up, sun came back out-


then everbody came back out to play

you were invited....

Thanks for rubbing it in.

Soon enough though, soon enough....
B.E. Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #7603
advridgerunner
RESIST WE MUCH !
 
advridgerunner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Chesapeake AND Bedford Co. VA
Oddometer: 1,071
cause they can....
__________________
Affirmative Action- The soft bigotry of low expectations
My Garage

1981 CBX (missing it already!)-
advridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #7604
nuggets
Fries with that?
 
nuggets's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virgina
Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
Sweet, I'll look forward to seeing the gps tracks.
The Stone has the GPS now. He will give it back to UPST8, and since UPST8 is such a fine human being, I am sure he will send the GPX to you. I would send the tracks if I could.

The Stone also has tracks in his phone, maybe he can figure out how to send them?
__________________
2001 400 EXC "Punkin" | 2005 Sherco 290 "Tree Climber"
Nuggets' free bike tech clinic.
nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #7605
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)
 
B.E. Coyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, Va. / Sugar Grove W.V.
Oddometer: 5,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggets View Post
The Stone has the GPS now. He will give it back to UPST8, and since UPST8 is such a fine human being, I am sure he will send the GPX to you. I would send the tracks if I could.

The Stone also has tracks in his phone, maybe he can figure out how to send them?
Upstate is a master gps technician. I am sure he can help me out

Do you know where abouts you were riding? I'm taking it that you found some single track, or were you on FS roads and 4x4 trails?
B.E. Coyote is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014